Different languages on the battlefield?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gregor67

Recruit
(google translated)

Hi
I encountered a mod in Nexus that gives the Lords different spoken sets in battle.
A good idea with the "better" insults of the opposing lords.
But to be able to really enjoy it - the lords would also have to speak in "other" (to me) unknown languages!

It's a pity that Talewords also decided on a single language for all "cultures". In combat, it's only looks and armor that make an opponent stand out.
Personally, I don't find it immersing enough in the (fictional :wink: )real-time feeling and therefore quickly boring. It's like I'm always going into battle against my neighbors.
What I'm interested in! :
Would it be "technically"(mod?) possible to give different (foreign)languages to the other cultures on the battlefield?
The lords as well as the soldiers ?- (Also so that it sounds good)
Maybe something like this is planned for a patch? Does somebody know?
Thanks in advance if anyone replies. :=)

greetings

Sounds like a really immersive feature, though I don't think TW's priority is to add something similar to this. Your best bet is to make a suggestion in the comment section of the mod (for those that don't know what OP is talking about, check out Nemesis here). It's definitely possible to mod in different languages for the factions, it's just a matter of how much work you want to put into it.

Players have varying preferences.

Modifications provide options for players to customize according to their preferences.

It's possible that some modders have already thought about your idea. Why not check with the modding community to see if anyone is working on it?

hi
Players have varying preferences.
That's right. People/(Players) don't miss anything - that they don't know. :=)
It's possible that some modders have already thought about your idea. Why not check with the modding community to see if anyone is working on it?
I just tried - thanks.

They already added different dialog voiceovers for different civilizations in talking interaction, it would indeed be cool if they expand this feature for battles too

it would indeed be cool if they expand this feature for battles too
Hi
Yes - that would really be a "realistic-bonus" for the battlefield area of Mount & Blade2 !
I added it to the suggestions section. Who knows.. :=)

Having the different cultures have different languages assumes a lot.

If I’m playing Aserai, but they “speak a different language” that doesn’t make sense that I, as the player, can’t understand them but can understand the Empire.

The issue with doing these sorts of things in a game where the player can have variable backgrounds is there is no consistency. Your RL language was the language of the Empire, so that became the trade and diplomatic language, and that’s why all notables can speak the same language. It doesn’t actually add as much immersion as you might think to have all the lords speaking different languages to you as approach

I hate 99% of player suggestions, but this one is excellent for battlefield immersion if the voice lines and cries are done well.
The consistency (why you can't understand them in the field, but can talk to them elsewhere) is not important and can be worked around at least in two ways.

Back
Top Bottom