decapitations and severed limbs death animations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Um didn't think this was old.  This is the date i seen for the last post

Reply #57 on: September 30, 2009, 11:07:37 pm » thats only a month ago.

Thought this might be still going as i haven't seen the finished product if there was one

Didn't want to start a new thread since this one already exists and was going well before I left.

I need a bit of advice to continue on the decap/dismember work - where are the people's heads stored in BRFedit?

I know the faces are randomly generated when starting battle, but there must be an .obj or .smd that is a human head.

Anyone who knows, let me know, and we'll be severing folk at the neck in no time.

pic13-ab605fea28.jpg

:cool:

Flanged said:
Didn't want to start a new thread since this one already exists and was going well before I left.

I need a bit of advice to continue on the decap/dismember work - where are the people's heads stored in BRFedit?

I know the faces are randomly generated when starting battle, but there must be an .obj or .smd that is a human head.

Anyone who knows, let me know, and we'll be severing folk at the neck in no time.

Mount&Blade\CommonRes\meshes_face_gen.brf

SupaNinjaMan said:
just curious, do you have it where if you strike in a particular area that part falls of after so much abuse, or only if they block?
i think its only if they block after all it is a shield

it would be cool if you could add the blood loss script to this

The head beheaded by the sword is from me.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,20178.msg2149347.html#msg2149347

Flanged, it would be so nice if we can behead guys thanks to you  :smile:

Ah, I was worried someone already had it in-game.  That would've been a bit of a pisser for me.

Sadly I went and got drunk again, so the decap won't be appearing tonight, but soon as I can I'll post up a vid.  It'll just use the same basic mechanics as the arm, but with a bit of texturing and scripting we can hopefully get it working realistically - and above all, funnily.

Actually, come to think of it, Al Mansur, that severed head of yours is very nice - are you using it for anything?  :grin:

I could straighten off the severance point and it's be a lovely head to have rolling about on the ground after swinging a fire axe into some gangster's neck!

Flanged said:
Actually, come to think of it, Al Mansur, that severed head of yours is very nice - are you using it for anything?  :grin:

I could straighten off the severance point and it's be a lovely head to have rolling about on the ground after swinging a fire axe into some gangster's neck!

any luck on the head?

Hi all. Flanged, no I don't use this severed head for anything. But I made a new one, on the top of a spear, and added it to the game:
sanstitre8-0378bf4b12.jpg

sanstitre10-bd2c930693.jpg
In game, without shader for the moment (I don't know how to make it):
sanstitre2-eb4953c596.jpg
sanstitre4-c31773e168.jpg

Looks cool. You should may a variety of them. You gotta have one with its mouth open  :razz:

Al Mansur, to give it a shader just type "agent_shader" into the shader box, just under the object's name box, on the Materials tab in BRFedit.  Then click the SET button and save.  Simple as that.

If your material and object are in separate BRFs then just do the same thing in the Materials brf.

Still working on the decapitation - hoping Al Mansur will lend me his severed head, since my own attempt at making one turned out all screwed up.. 

It looks great, btw.  Will add a lot of atmosphere to scenes.

Back
Top Bottom