Custom Settlements 0.675 Download & Description & Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Could someone please give me a walkthrough on how to download this? I have the .rar file, but when I extract it using WinZip (apparently we don't have it on this computer so I had to get a demo version) and put it in Modules, it won't show up :sad:

perhaps it unzipped into an extra folder?  check inside the folder to see if theres an identically named folder inside it, if so youll need to move the real "Custom Settlements 0.675" mod folder into the Modules folder such that its not inside an indentical folder duplicate.

There was an identical folder name right in there, and I moved all the files from that folder into the one in the modules folder. However, it still won't show up when I load the game! Arrgh.

Download WinRAR. It's free, better than Winzip, and easier to use.

Just open the file with WinRAR, and drag the file in the RAR. file to modules.

Thanks so much for work of those who helping make this mod. It's extremely joyful, just because it's the most interesting for me part. Thanks so much. I want to see  Custom Settlements 1.000 so much...  :sad:

Soo. . .do you guys need help in the town naming department?  :wink:
'Empto', 'Empten', and 'Empty 47' are a little hard to keep straight, at least for me. . .

Predak said:
Soo. . .do you guys need help in the town naming department?  :wink:
'Empto', 'Empten', and 'Empty 47' are a little hard to keep straight, at least for me. . .

lol Emp beggining settlements are NON implemented yet you fool empty would be the name for em but this way they are much cooler aren't they?

As these names imply these settlements are empty, they get a name by those that fill them with life (and houses).
Otherwise we would get a lot more complains like "I took Sheboygan as my settlement and the upgrades don't show up!"

i have a problem whenu try to go in some empty camps  :sad:
some error show up and i dont see any building when click "ride to settlement"

Miraca said:
Empty settlements have either empty or no scenes so you don't see any buildings.
  • Settlements with a name like Empten have empty scene files so you don't get an error but you still won't get buildings.
  • Settlements with a name like Empty 49 have no scene files so you get an error telling you that (and you also don't get buildings).

Berpol said:
Things that might happen:
Problem: You enter a settlement with a name beginning with "Empt", you get an error message that the scene does not exist and you spawn outside the map.
Explanation: This settlement had no scenes file so the program does not know where to put you. There is a reason for it to be called Empt(Y).
Solution: Either you copy some existing scenes to it or you stay out of it or you create new scenes with at least the 49 entry points.

I dont know if this has been discussed but next time you could put together all the add ons required to play this mod would you?

Otherwise, great mod, cant wait for my city to build up he he

All the most recent add-ons (at the time of the uploading of the mod) are included in the most recent version, and will continue to be so.

Miraca said:

i recall getting this problem with a settlement with a proper name somewhere in the far south-east of the map.. the name didnät start with emp.

heke said:
Miraca said:

i recall getting this problem with a settlement with a proper name somewhere in the far south-east of the map.. the name didnät start with emp.
Depending on the map there usually are only a few stands and a camp fire in e0m0 settlements (camp).

i wanted to offer my support and opinion on this mod. the whole concept is just awesome! i love the idea of riding to the settlements and the build up/upgrade concept. im gettin my feet wet still so im playin the advanced soldier tree/commander mod since its close to basic native as far as factions and play. but i will be starting up a game on custome settlements as well if only to choose my own place to call home and not owe allegiance to ne one to do so. i hope this mod continues to grow and gain new additions.

I was adding e2m2's to my game replacing the cities and noticed some aren't finished(floating buildings etc.) I'm finishing them off and changing the door code to work in my big mod combination. I'm putting in entry points where they should be if they aren't already. You interested in the finished ones before I change the door codes?? I'm making new siege scenes also to go with the new cities.
Impressive work guys. This is the one I chose for sargoth still have to change terrain.

Could I use the e2m2's for a mod if I give you credit??

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5042/28086110.jpg

If you want to see more of what I'm working on.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/group.php?groupid=211

Back
Top Bottom