Need More Info CTD when loading "on foot" areas

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.0.3.9860
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: The game crashes to desktop when loading battles/towns (tested with the tutorial area, a peaceful town, an arena, and open field battles). The problem persists between saves and even into the custom battle mode. The game does not ask to create a crash log.
How to Reproduce: Enter a battle (from the new game button, the map, or from the "custom battle" menu)
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia 3080
GPU Driver Version: 528.02 (although the problem also occurs on an old driver)
CPU: i7-9700K
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z390-H Gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD (Samsung 860 EVO)

I have gone through the Common Issues and Workarounds post to no avail (as well as trying things on the wider Internet). Multiple clean installs and file verifications between trying things have also not solved the issue. I had been able to play for about 20 hours with intermittent crashes but now this problem happens on every battle load. I recently fixed a different crash by disabling all overlays so it isn't that either.

edit: No idea if it matters but I did test if I could enter an "on foot" area in multiplayer and I can join a server and walk around. Singleplayer is still in the state described above.

edit 2: I've also tested on the v1.1.0 beta branch to see if the crash was solved there but it is not.

Last edited:
Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.

The game is working now however, my old save seems totally lost (the same behavior described in the initial report still happens when it is loaded). Oddly enough, the game wouldn't even launch when I turned my PC on earlier today but what I did to get the game working was first run the "SFC /SCANNOW" command in an admin-elevated command prompt. I was checking for disk corruption and that is the only command that actually detected/corrected any corrupt files. Then I made sure to run both the launcher and the Bannerlord.exe as admin, this was the change that actually got me into the game again. Although, this may only be a temporary solution given that the game has wavered between functional and unplayable due to crashes for the last week. Regardless, I'm hopeful that if I encounter another crash I will actually be prompted by the crash uploader this time.

edit: made a new save aaaaand the game crashes without the crash uploader every time I fight looters.

edit... again: Decided to make every single exe in the Win64_Shipping_Client folder set to run as admin and I can now fight looters. I guess problem solved... again... for now... maybe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom