Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

I have one more question, let's say I want to make some preparation before declaring war. So I increase the realm levies, however it doesn't allow me to declare war when I have raised them. I don't understand, why the game doesn't allow us to prepare before fighting?

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Terrible explanation, Bert. :razz:

If there's a red dot next to one of the requirements, it means that it is not fulfilled. For example, if you want to marry someone and there's a red dot next to "You have a Pavenis", you will not be able to marry them.

Ah, so that's why. Thank you.

You can't raise levies before declaring a war because it could be abused by positioning your men on the border or even the capital of the chosen enemy, so they have no chance to respond to a doom stack at their gates suddenly becoming hostile.

Most pre war planning should be invested in mercenaries if you need them, increasing vassal relations or levy laws for more troops, monitoring and maybe sabatoging enemy vassal/liege relations to reduce their levy output (and increase revolt risk if you do it right) and monitoring troop positions of the enemy if they're already at war.

You could have armies raised before declaring war in Sengoku, you get a big honour penalty for declaring while you have troops already in place.

I've finally figured out how to stop rage quitting this game so much.
I used to hate when my kids, heirs would get bad traits, die randomly, or marry some random courtier.

I keep em in my court till I can get all their marriages planned out, pack them off to another county/duchy/kingdom, then watch as my history of insane fertility outbreeds everyone and takes the title.

To date, I have over 25 allies in different realms, all of my dynasty. My dynasty owns all the land in my own super-duchy with a seniority succession, letting me allocate titles however I choose and I take in enough money to engage in daring assassination of non-dynastic heirs.

Play it fast and loose I say.

I always get sad when my heirs start killing eachother off... No man should live to see all his children get assassinated by their brothers and sisters.  :sad:

Your capital is determined by factors like income and your primary title I think. I skimmed through a Paradox forum thread about it back then. Note that changing your title resets your reign, you start again at negative penalty short reign modifiers to relations.

My vassal in Timbuktu couldn't stand living under Songhai rule, revolted, died a leper days later, and now his only heir is my most loyal vassal. That's gotta sting.

Have they changed how it works? You start getting relationship penalties for having too many duchies when you are king.You get to deal with unrest if your vassals get unhappy enough.

With enough prestige, everything goes away. My 10,000 p King of Italy and Jerusalem had 20+ relations with all vassals, even with about 10 duchies.

I think there's a limit to the prestige bonus to relations, not too sure. Prestige just rolls in when you have a huge kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom