Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Before Norse is reformed they will plot for independence very easily, even if opinions of you are high.

You need to reform the Norse faith, then you'll likely have to increase crown authority to stop vassal infighting, so you can change your succession laws from gavelkind.

This suddenly got interesting, playing in Ireland as the petty king of Munster, King Murchad currently aged 81. My first heir already died at the age of 51 and my second heir is probably going to die soon too, this old grandpa is soon going to become the king of Ireland lol and it's still the first character.

E: King of Ireland now, 3,5k prestige :p Though now I suddenly have a huge loss of titles and **** succession, gawd gotta figure that out.

E2: Just as soon as he died everything went quite down the ****ter, rebellion, 6k+ army of retards who I managed to crush though, everything turned out alright despite half of Ireland hating me. Then my heir dies, and I'm left with someone who is literally hated by everyone. No interest to continue from this point, rofl.

E3: Mother****ing gavelkind.... I forgot to change my succession laws into primogeniture and suffered from that, I got +6k score from my first king and I'm still not even that good in the game  :lol: A damn good opportunity down the ****ter.

Rebelknight said:
Why can't i raise fleet levy?
I'm playing as a coastal Pagan Duchy.
Hard to expand without ships...

Edit: Also... how do i convert to another religion when a pagan?
Do you have any holdings that are capable of producing ships? If I'm not mistaken, there are a decent number of coastal counties in Finland and northern Norway and Sweden that only have a castle in them at the beginning of the game. If that's the case, those counties won't be able to raise a fleet without building either a Castle Shipyard or another holding. Also, those ships probably won't help you all that much if you're a non-Norse Pagan, since it's only the Norse that can raid coastal provinces at will + get CB's against non-pagan coastal provinces that don't border them.

Unreformed, non-Norse Pagans still get the Subjugation CB (only usable once per lifetime now, unless using the Become King ambition while targeting a province within that de jure kingdom), and a Conquest CB that can be used against any neighboring province of a different religion (including different forms of paganism).

As far as conversion goes, there seem to be a few different options:

1) Get a wife or concubine of the religion you wish to convert to. Once this happens, there will be a button available in the intrigue screen that will allow you to convert to her religion (I'm not sure whether or not you can convert to a different, unreformed pagan religion in this way). 'Course, the only way to get a wife of another religion - that I've been able to find, anyway - is to capture the woman and make her a concubine first, then marry her.

2) Be close (exactly how close I'm not sure - may or may not need to actually share a border) to another ruler of a different religion, and allow their missionaries in when/if they show up. This is apparently a slower process than #1 when it comes to your own ruler, but the missionary will begin converting (or at least, trying to convert) other characters in your lands.

3) Get holy warred (and maybe crusaded or jihaded - not sure on those) by someone of another religion. If this happens, there will be a button available in the intrigue screen that will allow you to convert to the attacker's religion, which should also bring the war to an end.

Swear fealty to a ruler of another religion, then convert to ruler religion. Or get attacked by a holy war and choose to convert to attacker's religion.

Either the current score system is buggy or your prestige and piety are really low.

Or just wait for the occasional events you get of a foreign bishop / muslim guy trying to spread their religion in a province of yours. You can either imprison them or start listening to their ways.

Went Catholic... Finally!

The move made me vulnerable to attack from my old Pagan neighbor.
Swore fealty to a kingdom nearby while i convert my populace and deal with internal problem then i will just plot my way to freedom and start expanding again.  :lol:

TheFlyingFishy said:
Rebelknight said:
Also why when i resign my score is 0?
Pagan don't get score?

If you're still on your first character you have to wait until he dies to get any score. Other than that, as others have said, its a bug.
You should see your score when you resign, no matter if it's the first char.

Kobrag said:
Thieving non-essential goods and other luxuries cannot be defended in any way shape or form! >:c
Piracy is a sin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvO50GYniiI

Edit:  So I bought the Old Gods and am playing as a slavic pagan kingdom.  Can I still raid?  I mean I sent an army across a land border and toggled the raid button, and I saw their little loot bar go down, but I didn't actually seem to make any money.  Someone told me that you have to have boats to raid and hold the gold, is this true?

In the middle of a fun game. Starting out as count Guntbald I of Tirol, I managed to marry a daughter of Charles "the Bald", King of West Francia. My first ruler didn't accomplish very much, dying of natural causes at a young age, but his son Karl I, related to the Karling's on his mother's side, has had an interesting role to play in European politics due to his mother's lineage. After supporting the King Karlmann I of Bavaria (another Karling) in his war against his son, the bastard King Arnulf of East Francia, I was awarded the Duchy of Tirol. Although I was content to stay out of these politics for the time being, some of the nobles decided to press my claim on the Kingdom of East Francia. They lost, and everything seemed okay for awhile, but a year later, King Karlmann II (the grandson of Karmann I, and the son of Arnulf the Bastard) decided to imprison me because of my claim on his titles. I managed to negotiate a house arrest, but he vehemently refused to accept any sort of ransom. After spending thirteen years as a prisoner, a group of Italian nobles decided to press my claim on the Kingdom of Italy and won. Styling myself as Karl III but still under house arrest, there was little I could do when another group of Italian nobles decided to press King Charles IV (a second cousin) of West Francia's claim on Italy. With little desire to combat them, I abdicated. However, my stint as King meant that the Duchy of Tirol passed from the Kingdom of East Francia / Bavaria to the Kingdom of Italy. Karlmann II and Charles IV ended up fighting a war over it, which Charles IV won. After losing control of Tirol, Karlmann I generously decided to accept a ransom, and now I'm out of prison after seventeen years, old and weary but alive. I think I'm going to try to assassinate Karlmann I if I can manage to raise the cash.  :razz:

I love this game. I really think that the Old Gods scenario adds a lot. Without the HRE, European politics becomes much more intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom