cows

Users who are viewing this thread

orangatang

Recruit
That mission to get a bunch of cows has got to be the worst one in the game. 'Then we can raise our own herd.' Yeah, so why do you ask me to get another bunch of cows 5 minutes later?

And there is only one village on the damn map that has any cows. And its miules away. Whats with that? Why not give a few more places cows so the mission is less annoying?

In fact take the mission out because it just sucks.

I have taken the Cattle mission a few times over several different games, they were always easy. I get the mission, check where is the nearest village, go there, buy the required number of cattle, drive them back to the quest village, and I am done. Many villages sell cattle, and they always have more than what you need.

Finch said:
I have taken the Cattle mission a few times over several different games, they were always easy. I get the mission, check where is the nearest village, go there, buy the required number of cattle, drive them back to the quest village, and I am done. Many villages sell cattle, and they always have more than what you need.

Well, I cant find a single village with cows in it. Everywhere it says the same thing. There are none left in the village. I dont think there are anyt left on the map now.

Definately sounds like an oddity, since whenever I take a cow quest, the next closest village always seems to have cattle.

Fattyfat said:
Definately sounds like an oddity, since whenever I take a cow quest, the next closest village always seems to have cattle.

I'll upload the save game if you want. There are none anywhere I've been and I've been to maybe 20 villages.

orangatang said:
Fattyfat said:

I'll upload the save game if you want. There are none anywhere I've been and I've been to maybe 20 villages.

It used to be this way for me in M&B, but in Warband I've had much much better luck.  One thing you can do is check out what the neighboring villages look like, as far as I know, the availability of cattle is determined by the village's prosperity.

This is one of my favorite quests just because of it's ease lol. You walk like 1 minute from the town get 5-12 or so cattle and drive em back. You might be bugged  :smile:.

I do not think your game is bugged. Are you running any mods or tweaks? Something could have unintentionally changed your files breaking the cows in the game. It may be some conflict.

Finch said:
I do not think your game is bugged. Are you running any mods or tweaks? Something could have unintentionally changed your files breaking the cows in the game. It may be some conflict.

Nope, no mods. Only that dumb steam rubbish. Is there a cheat to put some cows someplace, or should I just forget the cow missions from now on?

lack of cows has been a problem since the original m&b. it's a result of rampant banditry, war raiding, and anything else that reduces prosperity. if you have only poor cities and towns on your map, perhaps there's too many bandits around and too few peasants ever make it between town and village. you can tweak up the bonuses attained when peasants reach their destination and tweak down the number of bandit parties, or even kick up their size to make them slower.

Search for Tweakmb on the forums in the forge I think - that will allow you to tweak relations.  And many other things, if you are so inclined.

You can easily tell which area is infested with bandits. Is the area and the surrounding area where you got the quest full of bandits or are many of the villages in your region being raided by bandits?

My problem with this mission is that at the moment I have no pathfinding skill, an army of 86 men and no castle (so i can't just put units in there, i have to disband them) and the cows are faster than me.
I chased a bunch of cows across the map trying to make them turn.

I really wish that those annoying cows could simply follow you around the map, it's not as realistic maybe, but neither is cattle hearding with an army of almost a 100 men and not being able to make those stupid cows go where I want them to.

I'm o.k. with visiting several villages to find one with cattle. At least so far the price for cows has been fairly consistent at approximately 150 denar a head.

In the original M&B I would trot all over the map to find that magic village selling cows for 22 denar each, only to find villages with no cows or maybe only one that they are selling for 2700 denar.

That's when cattle rustling becomes really appealing.

Back
Top Bottom