Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Another question: What are the effects of answers in character creation?

I'd assume they the same as native with crossbow proficiency swapped for guns, but I'm not quiet sure from a quick check.

without any further info, it seems like it could be a gekokujo-specific bug related to how i handle companions you recruit from forts. they might be triggering dialogue meant for native-style companions. i've set their forts as their home locations (of course), does it seem like it triggers there once then never again? that would point to when native-style companions talk about their homes

just as a note, i'll be releasing new builds at most once a day (the next one sometime tonight) in here, publicly, so i don't have to track down everyone I PMed. so far it's only one map edit and a few bug fixes. i seem to have introduced a new bug where the opening quest mansion range spawns one monk rebel an enemy along with the ashigaru or samurai :???:

Wen I tried to go to Hamada Castle in the beta I end up stopping left of the castle against the river and it appears that there are two lords stuck trying to leave the castle, which appears to overhang into the river.

el xabeo de la cova said:
more screenshots please!!!!  :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:
I took some combat video earlier lol. I want to showcase the Ainu folk and how they perform in combat. What I have so far isn't very interesting yet though. I'll try to take more footage later.

I will say though that they're quite low level. Which is to be expected of course. I don't think anybody expects them to be powerhouses in combat or anything. They're not bad, but they have no elite troops or equivalents. It's really just a peasant army. If you're like me and you want to take over all of Japan with them (a pure Ainu army that is), you're going to need a lot and you need to be good with tactics or else you're going to have to keep going back to Hokkaido to get more troops.

The Ainu companions are pretty interesting so far. They start off at level 1 so you can mold them into any role you see fit.

Do anyone have a list of companions likes and dislikes? I cant remember who my copanions said they disliked, so they are losing morale  :???:

Sir Mordred said:
Wen I tried to go to Hamada Castle in the beta I end up stopping left of the castle against the river and it appears that there are two lords stuck trying to leave the castle, which appears to overhang into the river.
thanks for pointing this one out, it is so far the biggest error in the mod. I moved hamada castle further away from the river. after you download my fix the stuck parties will be moved, but i'm not quite sure if they will act screwy since they're all moved on top of each other next to Hamada castle's new location

without further ado, today's new build

New Build for 4-14-2014
Extract it in your Gekokujo 3.0 beta directory and overwrite everything it asks
http://www.offtopicbooks.com/gekokujo/gekokujo_3.0_beta_build_2.rar

4-14-2014 changes
-----------------
Made opening mansion raid a little tougher  -- it is now 1/6 samurai, 5/6 ashigaru (requires a new game, of course)
Changed the spawn points of the ikko ikki monk warriors in the opening quest town fight
Toned down deserter and monk rebel spawn frequency
Attempted fix of solid color bug regarding sashimono (requires new game to take effect)
Changed spearmen not using spears by removing their secondary weapons (requires new game to take effect)
Various small world map fixes
- Agano river no longer abruptly rises and falls
- Flattened a weird sink near Yamagata Castle
- Ise province coast a little flatter (Tsu area)
- Toned down the mountain separating Kaga and Etchuu (Kanazawa and Toyama Castle areas)
Moved Hamada Castle away from the river (does not require new game to take effect, but might be screwy otherwise)
Changed the names of the bandit spawn points so that patrolling parties don't show weird messages (requires new game, but only cosmetic)
Changed the "quest reward" of retiring as a freelancer merc so that you no longer gain relationship, to prevent abuse. It is based on time in service instead

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
You probably want to paste that at the bottom of your first post too. A few pages later, people are going to start asking where is the nightly build.
I just posted it at the top, including quoting my beta testing announcement. Thanks for that reminder

edit: i'm thinking of moving one village from hamamatsu (tokugawa) and one village from nara (miyoshi) and giving it to hirosaki and kubota up north.

here are some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/qvELO

it's of a siege battle against nagashima fortress of the ikko ikki. my character is a lowly spearman with lord kitabatake of the asakura clan, but i'm wearing looted armor. i get knocked out with lord azai as soon as we breached the final gate, but i did so well i got promoted right after the battle was over (we won). i'm still using my looted armor, but they also gave me a new sashimono to go with it

most of the beginning and middle waves of enemies were monks, but the middle waves of enemies were mostly ikko-affiliated peasants, and that's why the second to last image mostly have ashigaru

I have two Screen Shots I want to show you.
First the new Arena:
2014-04-14_00010.jpg

Awesome!

The Second one is also a Question to phlpp:
2014-04-14_00012.jpg

I did nothing to change the size of the party size.

The question is is this intentional and if not can you please not change it?

Considering how this thread is now being used for beta testing of the new mod, I'll put the story updates in spoilers, so as to not take up too much space.

Part 1:
The meager forces Tetsurou had remaining assembled outside Kanazawa. On his signal, the front gate was knocked down - and the assault begun!

6lfp3.jpg

YTjAx.jpg

Charging as quickly as possible into the enemy compound, the Oni in Red paid no attention to the enemy monk spearman and naginata users, instead personally making a dash for their ranged units.

Cutting as down as many as he could reach, he then switched out to his bow and began to shoot from afar. As his troops held position on the bridge leading to the central core of the enemy fortress, he shot down the marksmen that were giving them trouble.
Lpwuv.jpg

Then, once he and his archers shot down the monk marksmen who had line of sight of his troops, he then ordered his troops to back away.

Holding a line position thirty feet away from the central bridge, he offset his archers behind and slightly to the right of his melee troops.
Taking this solid position, they defeated countless enemies.

Tetsurou's forces defeated 300 men in this way before ultimately needing to retreat. But they did not leave without receiving substantial pain themselves.

---

As a result of this strategy, almost everybody got out alive and they inflicted substantial losses on Kanazawa's garrison.
However, nearly everybody in the party was injured. There were hardly any combat ready men left.

Tetsurou and all of his companions had sustained serious injuries. They would all recover with time, but all they could do for now was limp along on their horses.
Enrique, their medic and surgeon was injured.
Sessai, their tactician and engineer was injured.
And Hoshi, their pathfinder and spotter, was injured.
All the others were too badly wounded to enter battle, and even Tetsurou himself was in such a serious condition that he could not be expected to lead the party in battle.

This was why, when only a tiny 55 strong party of monks lead by Abbot Fukui appeared over the horizon, it almost spelled doom for the entire party!

-

"We... have to evade them. If we fight them here... we will all die... there are no combat ready men left, Brother Tetsurou..." gasped Hoshi.

Tetsurou agreed. With what little consciousness he had left, he ordered the party to ride north.
"Lord Kita is raiding the villages up north" he said. "We must... rendezvous with him..."

And so it was, that a party of over 100 elite samurai nearly came to their end at the hands of only 55 monks.
They rode across the countryside with the Abbot dogging their heels. When they were nearly upon the verge of defeat...

"That's... Lord Kita's flag... We're saved!"
Faint cheers could be heard from within the company.

Abbot Fukui was forced to retreat upon sighting Lord Kita's 110 strong army.
Safely within the protection of friendly forces, the Oni in Red and his men could relax...

---

It was four days before Tetsurou came back to Kanazawa to finish what he started.
To his slight dismay, when he had judged his army had recovered enough to go and besiege the town once again, an Oda Clan army appeared to take the town for themselves!
Bastards!!!

Oh well. What mattered more now, was that he made sure that the Kaga Ikki were defeated once and for all...
He resolved to join them. But first, he wanted to sneak inside the town himself and see what the garrison were doing.
-

Part 2:
"Tetsurou-dono, please let me be blunt. Your monk disguise... is really, really bad. Please don't try using it again."
"Musashi, while I appreciate your concern" Tetsurou gave him a dark look, "I know exactly what I'm doing. It is only due to sheer misfortune that the disguise does not work every single time!"

"Oh really" "Uh-huh" "Whatever you say, Oyakata-sama"

Was that Mokou over there suppressing a chortle at his expense?!
"Mokou, please. I am absolutely sure it will work this time!"
"It is as you say my lord! Who am I to doubt your strategical brilliance? I humbly beg your forgiveness - I am still fatigued from my injuries, and I must rest. I will take my leave."
She bowed deeply, then surreptitiously tiptoed out of the headquarters tent.

Bowing again, then closing the flaps behind her, a small "ko ko ko ko ko ko" could be heard as she continued away.
Damn her!

This was going to work this time. This was going to work...

---

fxj9e.jpg

GODDAMNIT IT DIDN'T WORK AGAIN FOR SOME REASON!

The Oni in Red found himself chased through the streets of Kanazawa with nothing but a staff and a few piddly throwing knives in his possession.
"I am quite frankly, sick of being chased by town guards!"
Muttering this to himself, he rounded a corner and brought out his staff.

Rounding a corner, he laid in wait for the guards to follow.
With a sudden ambush, he laid out all 5 onto the floor, and disappeared into the town's streets...

-

Before the final assault and inevitable ransacking of the town, Tetsurou bought up as much food as he could for his party, and purchased a few pieces of interesting equipment from the marketplace

He also hired some Ronin Cavalry from the tavern, then left and went on his way.

---

The final assault of Kanazawa was much easier. Tetsurou assisted the Oda Clan forces in finishing off this enemy once and for all.
aLRdH.jpg

iOGaw.jpg

With barely only 100 monks left versus 300 Oda forces and 70 of Tetsurou's men, the battle did not last long at all.
It was almost over in a flash, as the strongest Kaga Ikki troops had already been defeated by Tetsurou before.

As Tetsurou stopped to take shots at the enemy marksmen, allied forces powered through ahead of him.
2Y3Xc.jpg

Quickly as it begun, the battle ended in their victory!
Kanazawa had been conquered.

Sho Tetsurou, the Demon of the Sho was on one hand pleased that the monks were defeated...
On the other hand, he was absolutely livid that he did all this hard work and the ODA were going to get the town instead of him.

Well... it seems that they would be next on the hit list.
The Oda Clan were going down!

After all, there could only be one Clan to stand above them all. His goal was the unification of Japan - and that meant defeating absolutely everyone in his way.

To be continued...

I don't know if anyone else is getting this but 90% of my missions from lords are delivering letters to said lord. I really want to become a mercenary, but ever since the download of 3.0(I have put about roughly 6 hours into it so far) I've only been asked to do 3 different kinds of missions.

Not sure if this is a bug or not.

I just want to be a mercenary :sad:

Edit: Was finally asked! Not a bug, just took way longer than usual! This new update is great!

Hello,

great update, after recording for about an hour I realised I have not recorded anything.  :roll:

Any way, here is just a short clip to at least show something, will upload something more worth wile later on.

Higher quality settings should be available later, as I have recorded it in 1280 x 1024.

I apologise for my horrible fighting skills, it is even worse than usual which is a feat :smile: .

Couple bugs related to the arena (dojo?)
You'll sometimes spawn without weapons. Happened to me 3+ times (Edo dojo if it matters any)
The Practice Yari (long bladed polearm) can't seem to do ANY damage, either in my hands or the enemy's, even if there is distance and a full swing
Some weapons (no idea which) just disappear when their owner falls
Arrows that hit the invisible walls of the arena leave weird marks

Back
Top Bottom