Camera Effects

Users who are viewing this thread

I just wanted to know how to play in first person GOD! please dont pull out your ineer gay peot with all these adjectives..............MY GOD MAN!

Artus said:
i think the camera moves around enough

Did you try my demostrative app I made to show how camera effect could be like?

It is in a post above.

IMO that kind of camera effect doesn't move the camera very much or for long, but still it does communicate that an impact was received.

nice idea......... i would like to see it in the future. BUT it should be optional as some people might get annoyed

"Lock on" systems are not used alongside mouse aiming, for obvious reasons. It just wouldn't work. Also, M&B gameplay moves much too fast (even when on foot) for lock-on to be useful. It's not just you vs. everyone as in Zelda or GTA. Enemies will run off and completely ignore you just as often as they will try to attack you.

All ... the ... way ... win.

So, who's played dark messiah? The camera effects in that were good. The only thing I don't like about mount and blade is that you feel ... smooth. Nothing moves or changes, despite the fact you've just swung a sword. you need BLAM swing - hit.

Sephran said:
I'de like a button for 'lock on'. So in first person, your head turns towards the target so you keep situational awareness.

wow...console much? the mouse is a very precise pointing device...far more accurate than...say...an analogue joystick. when i play a PC port of a console title, if the "lock on" feature isn't gone....i quit.

Hmmmm, this sounds interesting... :grin: Like the suggestion of the shake etc, but it could be kinda good to have the aforementioned 'blur' when you are hit as an option that replaces the energy bar, the blur would be barely noticeable at first and become worse as your energy decreases, leaving you flailing blindly for your last few seconds (you're still able to fight though), and keeping you  unsure of exactly how much energy you have left during the battle and thus adding to the tension, or atleast a different form of tension to being able to see you only have a tiny amount of energy left.  Partly like it because I find the energy bar a bit arcadey. Bit half asleep so haven't thought that through particularily well  :lol:

jebidiah ubershiet said:
Sephran said:
I'de like a button for 'lock on'. So in first person, your head turns towards the target so you keep situational awareness.
Okay ya it'd be a great idea just put it as optional but ya i get ur idea so if like a horse jumps from a high point i want it to show the horse sidways jumping in air slow mo that wud be a cool camera effect

Assassins Creed anybody? When u pull off the counter-attacks u get a scene where u dispose of the enemy with a special move and the camera goes into a different angle. what im suggesting is that special attacks like couched lance damage should come (optional) with something similar to what u get in assassins creed. like the camera could pan to a nice angle to show the polearm actually going through the enemy soldier. seriously the red text that says u delivered couched lance damage is not good enough at telling u that u just delivered an insane strike. 

These effects actually make a lot of sense to me. Not only would they indeed add to the feel of the relevant action, they would too add some additional eye-candy to the game. If they're implemented in a subtle way - noticable without being intrusive, this could add a whole additional dimension to combat. Ideas like the camera doing 240 degrees spins when hitting someone are way out of bounds here - this is a simulation, not Assassins Creed.

Abu_Antar said:
seriously the red text that says u delivered couched lance damage is not good enough at telling u that u just delivered an insane strike. 

Plain English troublesome for you?

I would just like to see the camera get fixed for conversations. I noticed that I can see the inside of my characters mouth when I speak with someone else in a conversation. Seems like the camera position needs to be tweaked just a little more towards the character I'm speaking with.

seriously the red text that says u delivered couched lance damage is not good enough at telling u that u just delivered an insane strike.

I suppose you would like Hadoukens and Flawless Victories as well. This isn't Dynasty Warriors, informing the player of damage isn't even necessary as the result of an 'insane' strike should be quite obvious.

well i would love some kind of camera effects, not that much that was first suggested. but still like when you strike an enemies from horseback you shod "feel" the blow and so on. but apart from that i love how it is at the moment :smile: maybe some work on details but i think it works great as it is

Back
Top Bottom