C4 Suggestion & Resumal Thread! No progression/nothing happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Marienburg has always been the richest of the four cities because of their access to the Silk roads to the south. Unlike most of the Swadian Cities, Marienburg shines in splendor. The Rich and Middle Class districts extravagant, and the poor district itself not doing too bad (you might even mistake it for a middle district). Their troops are what Corvid and I have probably dreamed similarly: spiffy and stylish. Why not add the powerful Marienburg Landsknechts who wear more stylish clothes as well as having longer pikes. Also, they have also dedicated mercenary quarters in the city, thus you could actually hire mercenary infantry and halberdiers as well as watchman (the difference being that they take less wages than normal mercenaries)

Brings tears of joy to my eyes!

Actually, I was thinking Vienna would fall after a extended bombardment from the Aurora cannon, but would be reduced to a town (village, in M&B terms) status due to the devastation, and perhaps another city would spring up from the flow of refugees after the fall.

D'Sparil said:
FuryFire said:
Nuln, err Ulm

I see what you did there!, but actually Ulm isn't taken from WH's Nuln. It's a real city in Germany.

I know, when searching for the origin of the city names that you used I've came across Ulm, Marienburg, and Vienna from Europe. However, your addition of mounted arquebusiers ringed the name and feel of Nuln to me. Besides its for subliminal purposes for those who could get it.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Actually, I was thinking Vienna would fall after a extended bombardment from the Aurora cannon, but would be reduced to a town (village, in M&B terms) status due to the devastation, and perhaps another city would spring up from the flow of refugees after the fall.

Well I was thinking that the changes already occur during C2, reaching its peak on the death of the Mad Emperor, this was before the Aurora Cannon reaches Ellis. Of course we don't know yet how The emperor dies, could be from battle or something else, so lore away.

Madness!!!...
Ow wait, he is already mad...

Still though, not epic enough...

You could have him stumble over it from atop a hill, and he cart wheeled and somersaulted all the way to the bottom, while his lords and physicians chase him in full body armor on foot. :mrgreen:

Or better yet, have him killed by his brother, that claimant for the HSE, in a small-scale rebellion in Vienna. The rebels are repulsed, but the brother gets into the castle and kills Sigismund with a pebble from the top of the hill!  :mrgreen:

FuryFire said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:

Well I was thinking that the changes already occur during C2, reaching its peak on the death of the Mad Emperor, this was before the Aurora Cannon reaches Ellis. Of course we don't know yet how The emperor dies, could be from battle or something else, so lore away.

Eh, damn it, no one reads the background to Over the Great Bloodfalls. I had the Emperor murdered by some of his own nobility in the mad (nehehehe) retreat from Vienna, in hopes the new ruler would make peace with the Lion Throne. Of course, their plan fell apart when no actual ruler stepped up to take his place, and instead it formed into a loose confederacy.

Hmm, forgot about that.. Hey.. what happened to his brother is it? The usurper for the HSE? Forgot his name.. But shouldn't he take up the reigns with the Mad emperor dead? Or does the other lords shun him?

He kind of 'heads' the Empire, technically. Sort of.

Well, what I'm trying to say is he is the elector, but the nobles extremely curtailed his power as a ruler after the disasters wrought by the Mad Emperor.

Yeah. OTGB begins after C3. Anyway, I was thinking of a Swadian Civil War; so I'll line up the various Elector states.

Venitius said:
Yeah. OTGB begins after C3. Anyway, I was thinking of a Swadian Civil War; so I'll line up the various Elector states.
The states that made up the Holy Roman Empire did after all war more with themselves than with other nations so a civil war would be fun.

Do we have a written timeline of what happens when anywhere?
We are doing quite a bit of lore and it might be very confusing for newcomers to get a real sense of the history and why things happen.

I think something should be noted. If a REMAKE of C3 is going to be made, the usual factions would have to remain unchanged since we are in the same chapter and the timeline should not have progressed further.
If Sigismund dies, this REMAKE will technically not be Chapter 3 anymore. It would be something like Chapter 3.2 or something  :lol:
An age old EATRC faction (HSE) would be totally altered and this is a change that just doesn't happen in a day and this poses the question:
What happened to the other factions in the mean time?
If we would make changes to the other factions too this would definitely not be C3 anymore.
So.. while I like the idea of a different HSE, I have some mixed feelings about it

Mudcrab said:
Aaaah, I see.
We are on C3 now.
Sorry gentlemen, but why not just call it C4?
I´m inclined to agree here.
As it is and if we get it rolling, this is more than a simple remake or smaller additions...

I saw someone worrying about the GP being similar to the IS.
Whats the problem? We need another faction like that, provide some cool battles, good gameplay.

Corvid said:
Mudcrab said:
Aaaah, I see.
We are on C3 now.
Sorry gentlemen, but why not just call it C4?
I´m inclined to agree here.
As it is and if we get it rolling, this is more than a simple remake or smaller additions...

Yeah...

Mudcrab said:
I saw someone worrying about the GP being similar to the IS.
Whats the problem? We need another faction like that, provide some cool battles, good gameplay.

Problem is that we are running out of weapon choices. Just an another caliver/arquebuseblunderbusse/musket faction is kinda boring. For Murond we use up an armour-piercing matchlock and pistols... we need variety for each faction.

On a different note, here's my attempt at lining out the elector states, just mainly using the titles of the HSE Characters who own a fief in the states...

mapfinished.jpg

Venitius said:
we need variety for each faction.
There must be something with every faction that sets them apart from their counterparts or people wont like or dislike them. =)
Even if the Swadians, Laurians and the Healmarians have strong similarities they still stand out strongly in clothes, colors and towntroops so people can get an opinion on them other than that they are bland copies.
As it is now the GP works as they are part of the Lion Throne and their uniqueness rubs of on the Gunthers.
If they are to stand on their own they need something to make them stand out and not just be IS shooters in green and brown leather.
While I'm not to picky with the weapons, I think that they can have the same firearms that the Imperials have but then they have to stand out with their clothes or how they are fielded.

Edit: I see no problem with the electors on the map =)

Back
Top Bottom