build_module errors

Users who are viewing this thread

Sunefang

Recruit
I have done a number of forum searches for this and have looked through all the tutorials I can get my hands on and cannot find a solution. I have been trying to follow the "Module System Documentation" tutorial despite it being intended for the original M&B. The problem I am running into occurs when I run the "build_module" process. I am recieving an error that says "no such file or directory: '../WOTS/Modules/Native/postfx.txt there are a few other errors that just end with a different .txt file. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for the reply! I have made some progress, I have entered the path to the folder and it now shows up in the error message. It still says that it can't find the destination though. I believe it is because my program files folder that is in use has an (x86) after it. How do I specify that folder without the parentheses, or can I?

Enter the folder path EXACTLY as it appears, in quotation marks, with backward slashes:
Code:
export_dir = "E:/Games/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/Floris 2.45 Dev/"

The other thing to make sure is you aren't trying to put the .txt in a folder that is blocked by Windows UAC...which "program files" folders usually are.  Either export the .txt files somewhere else and move them into the correct Warband file, or change your folder permissions to allow read/write access.

Here is what I have entered:  "C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/mountblade warband/Modules/Test Mod/"  That is exactly how the files are named.

Oh God this is embarrassing, I had it totally right there except I missed a space between "Program Files" and "(x86)".  Thank you for all the help, it seems to be working now!

Back
Top Bottom