Bugs reports. Read first post before you make new one

Users who are viewing this thread

hi all

frist I ask sorry for my bad english

For second..I have a little..or a big problem whit this mod (I dunno if it si big or little :grin: )

well I explain now

when i start the game if I don't select the option "load texture on demand" the game at the start loading (the loading frist of the  game menu) the game give me a runtime error like
" the mount&blade .exe have request a wrong runtime exception and was closed"

well I put on the load on demand and the game start....but if i can load all the texture at the start it was better  so if u know a solution for this frist problem I'm glad to have a reply ^ ^

so ..I start the game new caracter and the frist battle whit fhater....from here I start to have reallu big trouble

If I go in a town and in the market i have al 75% of possibility that almost all the texture don't load so I have the market empity at the view
..but if i pass my mouse over the slot I see the description of the item...and I can bui it but it is all black (I can equip it and it work but all black whytout texture ) that appened whyt weapons and armor ..for now horse and good are save :grin:

if u can give me a solution for thys second problem I'm glad whit u twice

well now the most problemathic error (whyt the other 2 i can survive but not whit that error

well sometime when I start a battle ...(well i create 6 PG ..I do the start battle and 1 other random battle whyt brigand whit eac one ) so it's better write every time and no sometime .
..the game crash..it go in loop whyt the last 3-4 framerate ..the indicator of FPS in the upper side of the screen go crazy (show various number one over the other every time the loop restart) but i can go to the menu that appear when ESC is press....but wher I close it the loop tate that menu and I see the mouse..the battle and the menu appears and disapper ...I try to decrease the quality og the graphic ...the max Fps (that in all the mod is 60[on my PC] but whyt that mod it goes over 110 ) but i don't resolve anithyng and I need press ALT+F4 to terminate the game

I have the 1.143 version of M&B WB ..and I thynk  I haven's do any wrong installation pass

can someone help me ??

P.S. this error appear when I have WSEDX active ..if i have it deactivater I have the same error line code error script error of Wundai in the original mod discussion http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,133708.0.html

I need help pls :grin:

I ceck my video card ..adn I have all the driver updater at last version

Sorry again for my bad english ..it isn't my " best skill ":grin:

Suminagashi said:
Suminagashi said:
Me said:
Another thing I found a while before those errors is that some villages have nothing for sale and instead of saying "Village Elder" above the items for sale (as the shop name), it instead says "{!}Town 6 Craftsman." So far the village shops I saw empty like this are Yame, Toyohashi, and Kasuga, all somewhat near Edo, but there are likely others. And, actually, while Yame said "{!}Town 6 Craftsman," Toyohashi said "{!}Town 1 Craftsman" and Kasuga said "{!}Town 7 Craftsman."
I found another one. Mizuho near Kitami = "{!}Town 8 Craftsman"

[Edit: Also, Tsushima north(?) of Utsonomiya = "{!}Town 2 Craftsman" and Kariya even more north(?) of that = "{!}Town 3 Craftsman."]
I started playing the mod again recently and found another one. Noda north(?) of Nagaoka and across the river = "{!}Town 4 Craftsman." I hadn't realized before, but I think all of the villages that are messed up like this have scenes which are open fields instead of village scenes, and the Village Elder is replaced by {!}Town # Craftsman, who thinks he's running an imaginary production business similar to what a player can invest in at city Guild Masters.

[Edit: Completely unrelated, but I figured since no one has posted since my last post that I may as well just edit this in rather than make a new post... Most fancy city scenes such as the ones in Edo or Kitami, as well as external castle scenes such as in Kyoto's castle, will often cause my computer to crash if I happen to move to certain spots during Dusk or Dawn. These crashes only happen in these large Shogun-specific areas and only during Dusk and Dawn. I figure between the advanced lighting effects from the times of day and the complex building models, as well as the large areas, it's just too much to handle. The thing is, my computer has... rather good specs, so unless it is a problem specific with the aforementioned parameters not getting along with ATI, then it is the large Shogun areas alone that are unstable.]

[Edit 2: Also unrelated, and I'm not sure you could consider it a bug per se, but there is a gameplay problem I have encountered. Some 45 or so Ikko-Ikki were unfortunate enough to be near a city when its feast ended, so they were about to be gang-banged by several lords. I joined the fight which had already started and soon regretted it. Immediately my game nearly froze completely, contending with stutters of several temporary freezes. When I was finally able to do something, I noticed that there were over 300 enemies. The majority of those enemies were, of course, the Taisho Hatamoto troops, who are bugged in the current version, causing them to defect to the enemy in every battle. Regardless of the troops attacking the player and allies (which is fixed in the next unreleased version), this severe freeze/hangup would still be a problem if the troops were friendly. Because Taisho Hatamoto are more or less "free" units that are always tacked on top of the lord's total troops when a battle starts (or more accurately, the enemy's total troops), they tend to exceed the max troop count of 150 per skirmish, hence the freezes. Each lord seems to get something like 15-30 Taisho Hatamoto, which adds up considerably when you've got several lords in the same battle. Perhaps there is some way to make these troops abide by the rules of max troop numbers so that this does not happen?]

Hi, i have a problem :sad:

i dont know my problem is a bug or not,

when i want to enter castle, tavern, or to the city.. my warband client error and closed down..
i dont have this problem in other mod...

my OS is win7 64bit.
warband 1.143

I download this mod from gamefront...

can anyone solve this? i believe there is something wrong with my setting, or maybe there is something missing...

PS: i deleted the font, because i cant get used to it. I follow woyo's instruction...

red error messages during seppuku scene sometimes happen, but scene is working fine, so you can ignore it. If not, then you are not running your game via WSELoader.exe

is there more possibilities than this...

windows 7 x64, warband 1431 WSELOADER.exe (2.70) with left button of my mouse (double click) start menu, play warband, going to castle, seeing my father, A TON OF RED MESSAGES AND NO, repeat NO cutscene. father and friend only says "SURRENDER OR DIE"

any suggestions? i repeat i play the game clicking WSELOADER...

I have exactly the same problem, I tried:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Older download of shogun and used the patch
[*]used my own install of WSE
[*]used the WSE from the module dir and also copy pasted it in the warband folder
[*]run it as administrator
[*]currently downloading the version that doesn't need a patch to see whether it changes something
EDIT: this did work!
The full version (without patch) that is located on media1.gamefront.com (sry I'm not allowed to post links yet)

Maybe there is a version online somewhere that shouldn't be online?

[/list]

Extra info:
- also windows 7 x64, warband 1431 WSELOADER.exe (2.70)
- screenshots as you asked others before.
bug1.png
bug2.png

Let me tell you that you are really doing a great job. A good mod and finaly something
different .. all the other mods kinda look different but feel the same, and half of them lags too hard because of the giant maps.
So I was quite happy to see this one coming.

Please go easy on the 'dumb' guys who are reporting bugs, I know it can get frustrating to hear the same bug over and over again without information.
Not everyone is used to how these things work and most players don't read every post. Yet you still might want players to report bugs.
The ones who did what you ask and still have the bug might feel insulted. If you need more information let me know.

Regards,
ShinHurr

razanon said:
red error messages during seppuku scene sometimes happen, but scene is working fine, so you can ignore it. If not, then you are not running your game via WSELoader.exe

windows 7 x64, warband 1431 WSELOADER.exe (2.70) with left button of my mouse (double click) start menu, play warband, going to castle, seeing my father, A TON OF RED MESSAGES AND NO, repeat NO cutscene. father and friend only says "SURRENDER OR DIE"

its amazing and INCREIBLE, that an user mod, give solution fast than the mod creator... can you please give me the url of the version you downloaded? ill pm my email. thx friend.

have a question, why the mod creator dont give permission to use any part of the mod for other mods, but he can use screens, sounds or music from other games like Shogun total war? its a bit selfish, i think. just a personal tought.

Hey again,

I don't know if it's already been reported, but there is also one town which always bugs.
- People attacking me and they are inside buildings so I cant end the scene.
- Same when I sneak in a town and get caught.. I can  kill 3 of them and the rest can't be found so I have to surrender.
- When I manage to sneak in and have to find a spy, most villagers are on the roof and some are not there so probably they also are inside buildings somehow.

bug3.png

EDIT: another 'town'.. or a sunken town in a mountain at least..
Here a revolt is going on, 2 peasants attacked me, the rest seem to be inside the mountain where my men are trying to go.
(Yes I did check the other side of the mountain).
bug4.png

bderooms said:
I have exactly the same problem, I tried:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Older download of shogun and used the patch
[*]used my own install of WSE
[*]used the WSE from the module dir and also copy pasted it in the warband folder
[*]run it as administrator
[*]currently downloading the version that doesn't need a patch to see whether it changes something
EDIT: this did work!
The full version (without patch) that is located on media1.gamefront.com (sry I'm not allowed to post links yet)

Maybe there is a version online somewhere that shouldn't be online?

[/list]

Extra info:
- also windows 7 x64, warband 1431 WSELOADER.exe (2.70)
- screenshots as you asked others before.
bug1.png
bug2.png

Let me tell you that you are really doing a great job. A good mod and finaly something
different .. all the other mods kinda look different but feel the same, and half of them lags too hard because of the giant maps.
So I was quite happy to see this one coming.

Please go easy on the 'dumb' guys who are reporting bugs, I know it can get frustrating to hear the same bug over and over again without information.
Not everyone is used to how these things work and most players don't read every post. Yet you still might want players to report bugs.
The ones who did what you ask and still have the bug might feel insulted. If you need more information let me know.

Regards,
ShinHurr

razanon said:

didnt work for me, still having as MANY OTHERS same ERROR and the only solution is to use wseloader, thing ALL do. maybe some day the mod creator will be able to respond to help.

Hi, I have this bug ever since I finished the quest where you kill your father's friend and the whole seppuko scene happens: All npcs keep saying the same lines about "Your father was expecting this" etc. I cant interact with any npc for quests or anything.
Also It seems all towns, castles and villages except certain training grounds and Edo have native scenes. like khergit, nord or swabian buildings. Im not sure if this is due to the fact that the mod is early in developement, or if its a bug. Some towns seem to be stuck in hills and so on.
Overall its a very good mod. great work!  :grin:. Can these bugs be easily fixed?

Suminagashi said:
Troubleshooting

Q: The game won't start and I am receiving the following message: "You are running an unsupported version of Warband. The Warband Script Enhancer only supports version 1.143." I have Warband fully updated to 1.143, so what gives?
A: Usually this error message is the result of using a cracked or modified version of Warband. If this is the case for you, I highly suggest you purchase a legal copy. Warband is a great game and Tale Worlds could use your business. If you are wanting to give the game a try for free before making a purchase, there is a demo available on Steam. All that aside, there have been multiple reports of people who are having this error despite having a legal and unmodified Warband executable, and have allegedly installed WSE and everything else correctly; IF you believe this to be true for you, then I'm sorry to say that I do not currently have an answer or solution. Awaiting further information...
That said, the creator of WSE has stated that if you have a legit Warband and didn't modify the .exe, that it could be infected by a virus. I personally find it unlikely a virus would target the Warband .exe specifically (unless it's one of those ones that affects every program you try to run), and I figure it's more likely that a download or installation was somehow corrupted or something. It has been suggested that you could reinstall the latest patch if you play the non-Steam version, although I would assume that would leave Steam users having to reinstall the entire game. I don't know if a fresh download and install would fix the issue for sure but for the time being I've not heard of any other solutions.

stefan140 said:
Hi, I have this bug ever since I finished the quest where you kill your father's friend and the whole seppuko scene happens: All npcs keep saying the same lines about "Your father was expecting this" etc. I cant interact with any npc for quests or anything.
Also It seems all towns, castles and villages except certain training grounds and Edo have native scenes. like khergit, nord or swabian buildings. Im not sure if this is due to the fact that the mod is early in developement, or if its a bug. Some towns seem to be stuck in hills and so on.
Overall its a very good mod. great work!  :grin:. Can these bugs be easily fixed?
A lot of bugs in Shogun are supposed to be already fixed in the next version of the mod as of several months ago. Unfortunately, the author never uploaded the next version and has been rather inactive for some time now. :sad:

[Edit: I've mentioned in the past that only 1/3 of my main single player characters got the seppuku scene to work correctly (although several test characters, made in an attempt to find a cause for the scene's problems, more or less had a working scene every time, curiously enough), while the other 2/3 resulted in red error spam and the NPCs repeating a single line. Well, I got one of the two characters of mine to finally complete the quest. At first I thought maybe the scene worked correctly because I manually updated WSE somewhat recently (and until then was using the old, old version included within the Shogun mod files), but then I would think both characters would have succeeded. No, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the quest finally worked for that character after some events or random variables had occurred due to prolonged play time. I'll follow up if this last character gets the quest completed after being played for a much longer amount of time. Seems odd, but... whatever.]

For some reason, when going to a training field and doing sparring practice (or any of the practices really), instead of spawning you on the scene used in vanilla or similar (the field with a few of your men watching), it throws you into, what I assume, is a default tavern (the old one that used to be in Zendar back in the day).  I assume this is because of a missing/replaced scene maybe, because this might be a default scene in some way.

EDIT:  I'm also getting constant "Faction fails to respond" messages.  Yes, WSE is installed, if that's what you're thinking.  I got through all the beginning scenes with no problem.

EDIT2:  Playing today, I got a couple weird messages.  "The village of Tsushima has been looted by What will be the name of your kingdom's? Party."  XD  Thought it was kinda odd.

Back
Top Bottom