Bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Rowaan said:
One time after going off a save for a while and coming back onto it I tried to recruit some more troops, it told me there weren't any in stock and I know for sure when I checked before there were lots left to be used, I went to a nearby village to see if I could recruit some militia but the same message appeared then I went to a few other  towns and castles of the nearby factions but to no avail. I am pretty sure this is a bug.
same happened to me, is it the update or something, maybe we have to make a new game?  :???:

One question: Why before the updates I didnt have any type of runtime error and after updating whenever I go to recruiter a message pops up and says that there is a runtime error and my game shuts down?

Leonidas300 said:
One question: Why before the updates I didnt have any type of runtime error and after updating whenever I go to recruiter a message pops up and says that there is a runtime error and my game shuts down?
You need a 64 bit computer :razz:

Prison Breaks don't work for me, the AI won't switch to combat mode, and there are no hostile npc's in the scene. Also, the ai pathing in the scenes is rather buggy. Great mod though, I can post screenies if you want.

1. the british troops cannot be upgraded! i tried to fix with troop editor but the troops file cannot be opened at all.
2. the french corporals still naked even i update the mod everyday!

when will you fix it?  :sad:

I feel it is needed to point out that this mod is in ALPHA state, which means it is an EARLY stage in development and that bugs are almost guaranteed. Please understand that we have been given a special treat, to play the mod as it is being developed.

I'm not sure whether posting this on suggestions or bugs, but probably you noticed that almost always cities are taken instead of castles, this is because while castles has excesive troops(usually +400) cities have around 300, so the lords go for the best business. I think it would be good to lower the awerage amount of castle troops(or increase the cities)

Dragoon swords can't stab.

For the rest, the mod runs quite stable for me  :smile:

It seems like I can't stab with swords. I can slash left, right, and overhead, but I can't for the life of me perform the stab. Stabbing with bayonets works without a problem though. Am I crazy?

I can determine that it doesn't effect all swords, but some swords that do have a thrust damage, like the "British Cavalry Sword" with a thrust of 24p just as a random example, always performs the overhead when I drag my mouse downward, and the corresponding arrow for the stab never shows on screen either (when I enable show attack directions). But the wooden swords in the arena let me stab just fine. This problem only appeared recently. All weapons performed normally a few revisions back.

When training village peasants to defend themselves against bandits on any village using the generic scene, the practice fight spawns the player on the roof of the giant manor house, and the opponent spawns all the way across the map, on the other side of a river.

Russian cavalry officers don't have horses. They spawn on foot.

When i recruit infantry or calvary in a castle or a city i can't recruit anymore troops from that same place. When i speak to a recruiter (i waited 7 in game days) he does not have anymore troops i could recruit. I ran out of troops and still theres none Polish troops i can recruit.
Please help. :wink:

zbb5s.jpg

Here's a picture of that AI path error. They all just walk up against the fence in the village scene.

Hi guys,
For the people saying it's quite stable,what are you're system specs/ what config's are you using? Any tweaks etc ? Been trying for the life of me to resolve the runtime (C++) errors I'm having in almost all scenes(Village,Village elder,Take a walk,etc) Pretty sure its related to my low RAM (2 gig) Or vista. I have already tried all the adjustments posted in the Brytenwalda/Floris/1257 forums.
Other than the problem with the scenes the mod seems pretty stable and oh so beautiful.
*Edit, just realized I'm only getting the runtime error on actually clicking on the option from the town menu e.g take a walk, from the first encounter in the city streets everything is fine

BlazeHazell said:
Hi guys,
For the people saying it's quite stable,what are you're system specs/ what config's are you using? Any tweaks etc ? Been trying for the life of me to resolve the runtime (C++) errors I'm having in almost all scenes(Village,Village elder,Take a walk,etc) Pretty sure its related to my low RAM (2 gig) Or vista. I have already tried all the adjustments posted in the Brytenwalda/Floris/1257 forums.
Other than the problem with the scenes the mod seems pretty stable and oh so beautiful.
*Edit, just realized I'm only getting the runtime error on actually clicking on the option from the town menu e.g take a walk, from the first encounter in the city streets everything is fine

Well chances are it is your RAM as other people have been complaining about getting errors and they have a similar amount of RAM to you RAM isn't even that expensive anymore, I got 16GB of good quality stuff for £30, The only problem being is how old your PC/laptop is and whether or not it has the slots for RAM.

My specs are:
i7-2600
16GB of RAM
HP 2000 on board graphics (hell, if I can run the it with that pile of junk (the graphics card I am referring to) chances are you can run it too)
Windows 7 64bit (You need a 64bit system to run 4GB of RAM or more)

These are all the ones we care about^^

Also post your system specs here too.

Rowaan said:
BlazeHazell said:
Hi guys,

Well chances are it is your RAM as other people have been complaining about getting errors and they have a similar amount of RAM to you RAM isn't even that expensive anymore, I got 16GB of good quality stuff for £30, The only problem being is how old your PC/laptop is and whether or not it has the slots for RAM.

My specs are:
i7-2600
16GB of RAM
HP 2000 on board graphics (hell, if I can run the it with that pile of junk (the graphics card I am referring to) chances are you can run it too)
Windows 7 64bit (You need a 64bit system to run 4GB of RAM or more)

These are all the ones we care about^^

Also post your system specs here too.

Thanks for the reply :
Intel E8400 3ghz x2
Nvidia GT220
2 Gig ram
And vista 32 bit

Whilst my P.C is getting old, I'm inclined to agree that it is lack of RAM slowing me down. Time to upgrade methinks (Wallet looks at me in disgust)  :lol:
I'll post back what happens after an O.S and RAM upgrade so that others can decide whether its worth upgrading .

BlazeHazell said:
Thanks for the reply :
Intel E8400 3ghz x2
Nvidia GT220
2 Gig ram
And vista 32 bit

Whilst my P.C is getting old, I'm inclined to agree that it is lack of RAM slowing me down. Time to upgrade methinks (Wallet looks at me in disgust)  :lol:
I'll post back what happens after an O.S and RAM upgrade so that others can decide whether its worth upgrading .

I would suggest, and it largely depends on how much gaming you do or plan to do, that you consider upgrading to a quadcore rig with a 64 bit o.s. and more ram, say 8-16 ram. I'd also suggest upgrading that graphics card, if you can, to something more current. But it is memory that is crushing you for this mod so I would go for that first.

Back
Top Bottom