Bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

terrorib said:
to all you people having performance issues..i dont have them.
it is your computer not the mod.

why do people ignore my post.
but i believe the modders said they will make the mod smaller and lighter.
so it will be easier to run for..poor peopl..."computers"

I downloaded the zip version as I don't want to mess around with that SVN stuff.  I placed the 2.92 gb module folder entitled "totsk" containing all the module data into my Warband module folder. 

Unfortunately, when I started the game the module did not show up in the list of installed modules.  Yes I have installed modules before.  Many, many times. So I am sure I am not doing anything wrong.  Any ideas what happened?  Looks like a wonderful mod.  I hope I'll be able to try it.

Thor Head said:
I downloaded the zip version as I don't want to mess around with that SVN stuff.  I placed the 2.92 gb module folder entitled "totsk" containing all the module data into my Warband module folder. 

Unfortunately, when I started the game the module did not show up in the list of installed modules.  Yes I have installed modules before.  Many, many times. So I am sure I am not doing anything wrong.  Any ideas what happened?  Looks like a wonderful mod.  I hope I'll be able to try it.
are you sure you choose the option of just extracting not the extract to another folder options 

bezment78 said:
Thor Head said:

are you sure you choose the option of just extracting not the extract to another folder options

As I always do when installing modules I first extract the folder to my desktop and then cut and paste the entire folder into the Warband module folder.  The full folder of totsk is sitting in my Warband module folder but it does not show up in the dropdown list of modules as a choice to play.

I played as Ottoman yet there is no Ottoamn music playing on ?I know there is files exist but :grin:.And also ı am here to say please reduce or completaly remove camels :grin: we dont like it.I also wrote it to suggestions.Great mod btw.

I am Turkish and we dont like it because it feels us Arabic yet we are not Arab.And we dont like to western people see us as Arab.And this is a common sense in Turkey thats why I said ''as Turks''.If you want you can ask other Turks.And also said because ı want to make game more realistic.It is true that we did use them but not that much in European warfare.They usually used for heavy loads.And also, for generals, they never use camels except they were in desert.It is our tradition that leaders mount horses.Espcially white horses and they tie the tail of horse before battle.

abv104 said:
I am Turkish and we dont like it because it feels us Arabic yet we are not Arab.And we dont like to western people see us as Arab.And this is a common sense in Turkey thats why I said ''as Turks''.If you want you can ask other Turks.And also said because ı want to make game more realistic.It is true that we did use them but not that much in European warfare.They usually used for heavy loads.And also, for generals, they never use camels except they were in desert.It is our tradition that leaders mount horses.Espcially white horses and they tie the tail of horse before battle.
What are you, the Turkish authority?

abv104 said:
No.I am just a regular guy who try to represent his counrty in proper way.Why do you guys take it so serious.
Let me explain.

Every damn mod that comes out which could have included the Ottomans/Turks as a faction and did not, has been run through the wringer because they did not pay homage to that culture (which gave us Mount & Blade in the first place). So, now we have this great mod, which is still under heavy development, which chose to include the Ottomans, but still... the complaints from the pro-Ottoman crowd persist.

You ask why people are taking this so seriously? I ask you why you take your damn culture's representation in a video game so seriously? AT LEAST IT IS REPRESENTED IN THE GAME!

So there!  :evil:

I didnt complain.I just gave suggestions and gave a reason to my suggestion.I appreciate that thay put Ottoman in this mod and thank you for this.Yet my friend there is some facts that most of western people see us as Arabs.Imagine that if they represent your country in diffrent way do you happy .Of course not.I know it is not their fault it is the fault of the media or our goverment to how they present us(or how they cant).So thats why I try to fix it to represent my country in right way.And why I take it seriously.Because video games like this which incluse historical events can teach people about cultures and history and ı want my counrty represent as my culture not look liike other culture.Again ı am not complain ı just suggest .It is all up to the team yet if they would do that ı will please.I can see that mod usully based on mid and western europe and they done alot work within this great work they add Ottoman too so thank you.As I said it is a great mod but why dont we just make it better?If ı offend you ı am sorry but ı just want my suggestion to be heared and all ıwant is an answer.Regards

Ok I guess I will have to address this issue as it's become such a hot topic. I am taking a well-deserved break from modding until the fall (probably till mid-September) and the rest of the team will probably be doing the same. It took a lot out of us to get this out and I, personally, am just drained.

Anyway, Ottoman's and Camels: Getting information on the Ottoman military was extremely difficult. It wasn't an army like it's Western European adversaries and so getting info on regimental names, uniforms etc was very difficult.

We used collections held by private libraries most notably the New York Public Libraries Free online, and extensive, collection of 18th and 19th c plates for armies. In some plates Ottoman cavalry were shown using camels. Not only that but there is a description of Prince Eugene of Savoy's great victory over the Ottoman's at Zenta (it's in an autobiography on Eugene that is part of my collection of resources) where it describes the Turkish passage over Tisza being delayed, in some part, by troops using camels. So we know that they did use them and they did deploy them in the balkans.

We tried to make the Ottoman army representative of the fact that the Ottoman empire was a multinational entity that included not just Turks but Albanians, Bulgarians, Greeks, Armenians and yes; Arabs! So while your point of view is appreciated it's not likely we'll remove the camels unless a majority find them really objectionable. I personally think they are fun and add some flavor to the,stated, multinational aspect and character of Ottoman forces.

You are the developer of the mod so in the end it is all your decision and I will respect that.But as I mentioned camels usually used for heavy loads and at the Battle of Zenta as you know only 7.000 of Ottoman force pass the bridge.Within this 7000 there is many wagons which carry ammo ,supplies and treasury and they usually carried by camels.Maybe thats why they saw many camels in battle field and also during an alert  status they used camles as mount as well.But in regular army of Ottomans as far as I know there is no any camel troops(especially troops like Akıncı or Sipahi which composed by Turkomans).But as you said Arabic militia could bring their camels with them.However there is not that much Arabic militia in Balkans thats why I said reduce the mount of camel or you can create a new troops like Arabian militia ,maybe :grin:.I would like to help you about both costumes and military system of Ottomans if you want.I will planing to work on 3d drawing in this summer(ı dont have any idea about that thing :grin:).Thank you for responding and have a nice holiday :smile:.

Ok I guess I will have to address this issue as it's become such a hot topic. I am taking a well-deserved break from modding until the fall (probably till mid-September) and the rest of the team will probably be doing the same. It took a lot out of us to get this out and I, personally, am just drained.

Hope that means I won't have to worry about missing out on any more revisions. :razz:

@abv

think of camels as auxillaries, because in a way, they are that - foreign soldiers, er, entities/whatever, used by the turks as soldiery.

And camels are awesome, and they add a hell of a lot of diversity, over my dead body are they getting removed. :razz:

YourStepDad said:

Hope that means I won't have to worry about missing out on any more revisions. :razz:

@abv

think of camels as auxillaries, because in a way, they are that - foreign soldiers, er, entities/whatever, used by the turks as soldiery.

And camels are awesome, and they add a hell of a lot of diversity, over my dead body are they getting removed. :razz:

I am hoping we'll get the music in in the next few weeks. Once that's done there might be one last big update and ModDB update before we reconvene in the fall.

Camels will stay in.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom