Bug Reports (for Phantasy Calradia 2014 only please)

Users who are viewing this thread

spiff said:
As of m-3 the chaos spell icon is no longer on the spell sheet and the charged staff only works for npc mages, I can pick one of their staves up off the ground and use it as a charged staff but a staff I take into battle does not auto-charge. Just thought you should know.

it only auto-charges if you start the battle with the staff in slot 1 and you're a magic user.  In any other case it does not auto-charge.
  This is as intended, because people complained I was managing their inventory.  Now you must do everything yourself, with the punishment for not doing it perfectly less results than I was doing for you.  This will not change.  The intent is to have fewer mages, while mages that are serious will adapt and do well.  mages that are snow flakes will try something else, as they were the ones complaining about me helping their inventory.  They got their wish, but I won't help them now.

Heya, fantastic update! Tonnes of fun, thank you for your time and effort.

I'm not sure if this is appropriate and I couldn't find an answer so here goes:

Is it normal to get to day ~100 and have next to 0 war? All the factions seem to be getting along, including the mortal nemesis factions. Bug or feature?

@Footbeard

From experience, it seems this mods forces wars after time passes. So just wait out this pesty peace or start a war of your own  :twisted:

Zmeister200 said:
@Footbeard

From experience, it seems this mods forces wars after time passes. So just wait out this pesty peace or start a war of your own  :twisted:

Cheers d00d, I'm allied with the Ridas Magocracy and apparently they're peaceful observers, keen to see how it plays out. There also appears to be a distinct lack of caravans, namely 0

Footbeard said:
Zmeister200 said:
@Footbeard

Cheers d00d, I'm allied with the Ridas Magocracy and apparently they're peaceful observers, keen to see how it plays out. There also appears to be a distinct lack of caravans, namely 0

That's actually pretty lore friendly, mage orders seem like observers, always studying the world and it's magic around them. As for the war, I believe it's diplomacy mod that's included. Diplomacy give nations the ability to form alliances and defensive pacts (means they will go to war against their allies enemy). Which may make harder for other factions to risk war as they'd be fighting more factions than they like. You could do what I did and gain a lot of relation with your king (as a vassal you can try to convince him to go to war). But, you have to be careful about who your enemy is allied with because they will declare war on you. I didn't think it through and just about every faction erupted into a world war. As an orc vassal I helped take the lands from khergit that I wanted, but had to spend a lot of time defending what we had. So far most of the fighting has settled down around calradia, we managed to make peace with most of our enemy's, but the fighting continues.

I'm not sure whether these are bugs or glitches, or even something working in ways I do not understand.

When I try to summon a weapon with the cleric spell on a character who started as a barbarian, I get a 'Thunk!' sound, but nothing appears, even if I have three empty slots.

Once the cleric weapons have been used up, they do not regenerate, and cannot be dropped.  You have to go to your chest to dispose of them.  Until then, you are stuck, and if you try to summon more, you get told there are no free slots.

When my paladin comes close to any undead, he casts something which I assume is "Turn Undead" without command.  This leaves him exposed, and is really annoying.  Probably related, I have never been able to cast the "Turn Undead" spell in the lower left hand corner of the prayer book, probably because it is always on cooldown from the automatic casts.

Sometimes, my barbarian's horse gets hit, and he gets x8 damage from it.  Not always, though.

Sometimes, when I fight sea raiders, my frame rate drops down to 20, in a scene and with combatant numbers that are the same as usual.  The few times it has happened, I was facing at least one mage with no weapon in his right hand and whatever the crackling spell that hits ten times is.  Once the mages died, the frame rate gradually recovered, but it may have been due to something else, as it did not happen at once.

spartanloki said:
When I go to enter Bardaq Castle, I get this message: Hash Vector failed at index - 100000.  The castle is currently under siege and I am trying to defend it but anytime I reach it the game crashes with that message.

(I may wrong) Don't choose "help the defenders", choose "Pass through . . ." and then "Join the battle"

whydott said:
Tuidjy said:
With the N patch, my barbarian-turned-cleric still cannot summon a spirit weapon.  It's not the lack of free slots, or the lack of prayer points.  I hear the 'thunk' but nothing seems to happen.

It's not long until he gets "Magical Weapon", though, so I will let you know whether that one works.
I dont understand :neutral: so, you get the weapon or not?
He does not get the Spirit weapon that the priest spell is supposed to summon.  He is also a mage, and will soon reach a Mage guild, where he will get the "Magical Weapon" scroll.  If that does not work, either, my plans for that character will be seriously disturbed.  I'll let you know what happens.

GS EDIT:  This happened because generic clerics created AFTER game start did not have a deity assigned and the mod did not at that time have a default setting for spirit hammer, so the clunk was the generic script but no hammer type was assigned, thus nothing happened.
The v155 / v156 series sets a cleric type within 4 game hours (which happen in 2-3 minutes of your player time, after finalizing your character).

Tuidjy said:
With the N patch, my barbarian-turned-cleric still cannot summon a spirit weapon.  It's not the lack of free slots, or the lack of prayer points.  I hear the 'thunk' but nothing seems to happen.

It's not long until he gets "Magical Weapon", though, so I will let you know whether that one works.

I wish I could force everyone to uninstall so they would leave me alone.  But as to this issue, if I can reproduce it on my end I can fix it. Since you have a generic cleric I'll see if the issue is it can't determine which spirit weapon to give you.

I wish I could force everyone to uninstall so they would leave me alone.  But as to this issue, if I can reproduce it on my end I can fix it. Since you have a generic cleric I'll see if the issue is it can't determine which spirit weapon to give you.

No one is holding a gun to your head.  You are more stressed out about fixing problems quickly than I'm worried about fixing software which runs robot cells that cost thousands per hour when they sit idle.

You have provided a really enjoyable mod for free, and any problems, even game breaking ones, are to be seen in that perspective.  No one has the right to expect prompt action.  We're reporting issues, and you will fix them when and if you feel it's the right time to do so.  Everything else - family, paying jobs, a soccer game on TV, etc. should take precedence, or you will burn out.

So seriously, relax.  Bug reports are not a plea for your attention, nor a reproach.  It's just part of being a programmer, and when no one is paying you, you owe nothing to anyone.  Hell, when you are being paid, you still have the right to expect decent treatment. 

Blah, blah, blah.  In a few words - relax, work on Phantasy only if it's fun, and let people get as much or as little from the mod as they can.

Tuidjy said:

No one is holding a gun to your head.  You are more stressed out about fixing problems quickly than I'm worried about fixing software which runs robot cells that cost thousands per hour when they sit idle.

You have provided a really enjoyable mod for free, and any problems, even game breaking ones, are to be seen in that perspective.  No one has the right to expect prompt action.  We're reporting issues, and you will fix them when and if you feel it's the right time to do so.  Everything else - family, paying jobs, a soccer game on TV, etc. should take precedence, or you will burn out.

So seriously, relax.  Bug reports are not a plea for your attention, nor a reproach.  It's just part of being a programmer, and when no one is paying you, you owe nothing to anyone.  Hell, when you are being paid, you still have the right to expect decent treatment. 

Blah, blah, blah.  In a few words - relax, work on Phantasy only if it's fun, and let people get as much or as little from the mod as they can.

Well said.  :grin:

Hey,

First of all I love this mod very much. I like the concept of having races and classes like an mmo. Now sorry if you have answered this 100 times already but I have a problem where no factions goes to war against each other. The only war times is at the beggining of the game between Blazing Hand and Undead, and when the Orcs arrive and fight against the Khergits. I have played for 200 in game days and there hasn´t been a single war besides the two mentioned earlier. Every faction have trade, non-aggresion and defensive pacts and never fight. To me, this makes the game unplayable since it gets boring to never fight and is really hard to start a kingdom by taking a castle and then being sieged by the full power of a kingdom, since they never fight and don´t lose troops. I have difficulty at around 100% if that is important to know. Please help, I love this mod too much to stop playing.

GS Edit:  " Fixed starting patch v150 N6 but fixed better starting v156/v155 A4 to smoothly lower relations over time with the player.

Factions will now make war on one another and no longer ignore the player, so use the brief time of peace to fortify and prepare your army as much as possible.  Your relation decays slowly if you start in kingdom mode, and you will be sheltered from the effects of relation decay so long as you are vassal.  If alone, you have a risk of eventually getting jumped by one or many factions."

Hey there!

First off I want to thank you for this amazing mod. I've been playing M&B for many years, but this mod really breathed some new life into the game for me!

There's a minor error with two of the corsair helmets (umbar_militia_helmet and umbar_militia_helmet_b). It's seems they aren't properly aligned with the wearer's head, causing some ugly clipping at the back. It looks as if the helmet should be moved some inches backwards to fit properly.

nubki67.jpg

Schwarzer Reiter said:
Hey there!

First off I want to thank you for this amazing mod. I've been playing M&B for many years, but this mod really breathed some new life into the game for me!

There's a minor error with two of the corsair helmets (umbar_militia_helmet and umbar_militia_helmet_b). It's seems they aren't properly aligned with the wearer's head, causing some ugly clipping at the back. It looks as if the helmet should be moved some inches backwards to fit properly.

nubki67.jpg

You're correct but unless you're offering to do it for me it isn't going to get a change.
First I have no time and second I just do code.  The question then becomes if it is so bad that i should just clip it from the mod entirely and substitute any other helmet.  I might, but I'm busy with emergencies right now.

Maybe it needs to be removed.  Someday when I have no emergencies to act on.

Since you are poking around with the constable, I figured you might want to know about a couple of other related things that aren't quite right. Not a big deal, but if you happen to run across the code you might like to look at it. the parties labelled as scouts of your faction, when they die, produce a message that says "A scout seeking information about (your name) has been slain near (wherever they were killed). also when you create a patrol to patrol some village or whatever, they head straight for the village and disappear, never to be heard from again. if you order them to disband or return to the capitol or whatever, nothing happens, they remain on the list of patrols, but nonexistent.

spiff said:
Since you are poking around with the constable, I figured you might want to know about a couple of other related things that aren't quite right. Not a big deal, but if you happen to run across the code you might like to look at it. the parties labelled as scouts of your faction, when they die, produce a message that says "A scout seeking information about (your name) has been slain near (wherever they were killed). also when you create a patrol to patrol some village or whatever, they head straight for the village and disappear, never to be heard from again. if you order them to disband or return to the capitol or whatever, nothing happens, they remain on the list of patrols, but nonexistent.

OK.  The free patrols shouldn't be ordered around, but they have the same name as diplomacy constable created patrols.  I should come up with a name that shows they don't really belong to you so you don't mess them up by micromanagement.

Hopefully if they still show as patrols come payday they don't have a burden because all their men are counted to decide how much they get paid and the patrols didn't make are cut considerably in cost.  But 1/3rd of 0 men is still 0.

The recruiter needs considerable time and is something of an emergency in my opinion.  I'm willing to remove player made patrols and just go with auto-generated patrols, then remove your ability to talk to them and change their patrol AI.  Then at least its not an emergency.  These emergencies are actually killing me.  I may be the first mod maker to drop dead because of my own mod.  But when I make real progress, and things stop being "emergencies", then I can catch my health and not get rode hard and put away wet by my users.  I guess I think I'm a horse now, usually an improvement on being a dog.  Eventually I might make human, or lesser ape.  Time will tell  :smile:    OK OK Dolphin...

EDIT:  I realized what must be happening: patrols sent to villages arrive, attach themselves to the party "village", and are awaiting getting re-spawned with new AI to patrol, only using a tighter patrol radius so they always stay close to the village (but not "attached and thus helpless to chase bandits or defend the village).  I need to mark these parties with some special value so that later I can search all the parties on the map for that value and re-spawn them if they are attached to a village, town, or castle.  If they are attached they aren't shown on the map but neither are they empty, so you've probably been paying their wages still.  This is a next week problem but I think I can see what to do.  The value of quality time and some toilet paper to think with...

gsanders said:
  You're correct but unless you're offering to do it for me it isn't going to get a change.
First I have no time and second I just do code.  The question then becomes if it is so bad that i should just clip it from the mod entirely and substitute any other helmet.  I might, but I'm busy with emergencies right now.

Maybe it needs to be removed.  Someday when I have no emergencies to act on.

Alright, I looked into it and managed to realign the helmets to fit better. I say managed as I'm totally new to modding, but it seems it all worked fine. For the record I simply moved the meshes of the raider helmets, umbar milita helmets and their respective lod meshes a little bit backwards. Here are the results:

Corsair helmets no longer clip with the back of the head, the ears also sit now perfectly in between cheek- and neck guard:
JkPFSwA.jpg

I also fixed a smaller issue with the second type of corsair helmets, where the ears clipped with the neck guard. Before and after:
p5tnRxq.jpg

If you want it, what would be the most convenient way to share the edited .brf file?

For some reason there is only one book merchant in game, but travelers always tell 2 locations.
And how about changing drow(and maybe other new factions) ladies fathers to -1? Because they they always have some kind of nord deserter as father.

The change to make centers allow you to enter them if a lord likes you/if you're in their faction works for castles, but it doesn't work for cities. I have high relation with the leader of the Orcs and still get barred from his town if I don't have orcs in my party.

Yeah, you can also notice this in your own towns. You'll get locked out of your own town if you deposit all of your orc troops, even though you own the fief.

The Gauntlets of Ogre Power material type shows as "Out of Range".

GS Edit:  The range check for materials stops before magic items, so everything outside of range says why it can't get a better description

Back
Top Bottom