Bug Reports (for Phantasy Calradia 2014 only please)

Users who are viewing this thread

gsanders said:
jwo7 said:
Upgraded from 150j to 150L2 when it came out.  Now I get 4 or 5 notices about changes in nation relations every midnight and all the wars last one or two days.

When I next get time at my coding calendar (I'm closed today), I'll stretch time between checks more.  At least it declares wars.  I just need it to keep the same state for 30 days - war or peace.  It's a fairly small change but it happens tomorrow (and maybe "work" needs something so if so its Tuesday).

I dont know if it is possible, but if it is, would it be possible to have all the changes that happen in one day show on the same screen instead of we getting 5 screens of changes? Another suggestion i can think of about it is, disable these screen and make it just appear as normal notifications on the map screen, if possible of course, since we cant really do anything about that

GS EDIT: "sometime in March the display of notifications was filtered to no longer occur unless the player was a member of one of the affected factions.  The MESSAGE in the side window occurs anyway but the notification box stopping play and waiting for the player to click close is now removed, for all events coming from Diplomacy mod.  This was quite a few categories.  You'll be free of these in v155/v156 in the same manner"

gsanders said:
jwo7 said:
Upgraded from 150j to 150L2 when it came out.  Now I get 4 or 5 notices about changes in nation relations every midnight and all the wars last one or two days.

When I next get time at my coding calendar (I'm closed today), I'll stretch time between checks more.  At least it declares wars.  I just need it to keep the same state for 30 days - war or peace.  It's a fairly small change but it happens tomorrow (and maybe "work" needs something so if so its Tuesday).

Forgot to tell you, gsanders.  Despite "bugs" I am having a great time playing this mod.  Mage requires a totally different approach than native or any other mod.  It has refreshed what was familiar, but repetitive, play.

Hey.

I'm sorry if this has already been reported either in the "Bugs in Phantasy 2018" thread, or in this one here, but checking 30 pages of comments is a little bit too much for me.

My Unicorn glows in a greenish colour like he's straight from Chernobyl, I've got all my graphic settings on high and I've got no idea what could possibly have caused that, of course, it's a minor bug that I can easily live with and if it's a problem that I'm the only one encountering then it should be even less of a priority for ya, either way, when you aren't too loaded with work, if that's ever the case and you're willing to help me, then I'd heavily appreciate some advice on how to fix this.  :smile:

Mackintosh said:
Hey.

I'm sorry if this has already been reported either in the "Bugs in Phantasy 2018" thread, or in this one here, but checking 30 pages of comments is a little bit too much for me.

My Unicorn glows in a greenish colour like he's straight from Chernobyl, I've got all my graphic settings on high and I've got no idea what could possibly have caused that, of course, it's a minor bug that I can easily live with and if it's a problem that I'm the only one encountering then it should be even less of a priority for ya, either way, when you aren't too loaded with work, if that's ever the case and you're willing to help me, then I'd heavily appreciate some advice on how to fix this.  :smile:

turn off HDR mode in graphics settings. This is from HDR interacting with old Mount & Blade (pre-Warband) models, which are used frequently here.  I don't have an active artist. Actually, at the moment I dont have anyone.  I'm petitioning for reinforcements but even if they parachute in tomorrow it may take a month to get even a veteran up to speed. The code isn't standard by now.

Hey, once again, same thing, I'm sorry but I won't read 60 pages of bugs.

After around 200 in-game days of playing I decided I'd finally become a vassal of Firuard, he gave me the extremely poor village of Nemeja near the Swadians with whom we were at war with, and so I start to do quests for them, build improvements etc and so one day I decide to inspect the treasury out of curiosity and I find 100000 gold inside it when it was still in a very poor state, I think, well, that's weird, but decide to withdraw it and get on with my life, I get back to it around a month later and I find a similar sum of money in it again which means it wasn't just a one off, that's why I decided to post this.

GS Edit:  "I've never seen 100K treasuries in a fief. I suspect this is an artifact of some savegame getting updated strangely, probably v150D to any other version, which would have given corruption.  v150 "D "was replaced after 3 days following so only happened Tuesday after Christmas Day through Friday following Christmas Day."

PS: Considering how the villages of the AI (Non-Players) get bonuses to prosperity from what I heard, could we perhaps get one of MageLord's tweaks implemented one day?
The one making the mill give 5% prosperity each month instead of only one time after it's built

All that of course, when you have time and if you're willing to, no pressure whatsoever.

Mackintosh said:

After around 200 in-game days of playing I decided I'd finally become a vassal of Firuard, he gave me the extremely poor village of Nemeja near the Swadians with whom we were at war with, and so I start to do quests for them, build improvements etc and so one day I decide to inspect the treasury out of curiosity and I find 100000 gold inside it when it was still in a very poor state, I think, well, that's weird, but decide to withdraw it and get on with my life, I get back to it around a month later and I find a similar sum of money in it again which means it wasn't just a one off, that's why I decided to post this.

PS: Considering how the villages of the AI (Non-Players) get bonuses to prosperity from what I heard, could we perhaps get one of MageLord's tweaks implemented one day?
The one making the mill give 5% prosperity each month instead of only one time after it's built

All that of course, when you have time and if you're willing to, no pressure whatsoever.

after you get fief and have a treasurer, your weekly profit goes directly to treasury.

Timberwolf said:
Is it already a known bug to have all your prisoners leave your party (not escape, just leave, like deserting troops) less than 12 in-game hours after capturing them? I'm pretty sure, in fact, that it was less than an in-game hour before they disappeared. Makes doing quests rather difficult :smile: .

Some info:
  • PC is a necromancer (your favorite :wink: )
  • PC is a mercenary of faction X
  • Faction X is at war with faction Y
  • Prisoners belong to faction Y

Context:
  • Faction X = Delthersham Empire (spelling?)
  • Faction Y = Blazing Hand

Game version is 150j

Its known, I've looked for it 5-6 times, for hours. Found 8 different ways prisoners are separated from a party, turned all of them off, prisoners still leave, not going to chase it this month.  If you updated that version you'd stop getting quests asking for prisoners, so dont have any hit from not turning them in.  If I ever find it I'll close it. There's only 250,000 lines to search through.  How hard can that be?

I've been told about it a few hundred times.  You'd think this was confederate USA, we so much love slavery here.
  For once, I didn't intend it to happen. But there are a hell of a lot of others for me to chase too.

Edit: Fixed in v150 P3 and up, and for all versions v155/v156

I think I have found a bug. Whenever I go to the constable to recruit more troops in my town, the recruiters doesn't recruit, they don't move at all. Am I doing something wrong here, or is it a known bug?

GS Edit:
  "this had 2+ layers broken.
  Layer 1: missing simple_trigger call to activate the recruiter every hour, fixed by no change
  Layer 2: missing AI targets for reserving villages for recruiter then un-reserving them a short time later
          once this also made no difference the entire function was pulled, with just a dialog stub remaining so that v155 can
            place dialog extensions for managing custom troop trees at the constable's "recruiting" dialog.  The preferred way to get
          recruits is to use caravan recruiting at the "town recruits" option at the bottom of ton recruits list.  The disadvantage is that's only for
        towns, not castles.  Otherwise recruiting is removed.  Diplomacy recruits were mostly helpless against anything tougher than looters, so they could seldom worked anyway even if they moved.  The option to hire a diplomacy recruiter is no longer available in v155/156"

Knight_Shadow said:
I think I have found a bug. Whenever I go to the constable to recruit more troops in my town, the recruiters doesn't recruit, they don't move at all. Am I doing something wrong here, or is it a known bug?

It's known.

Here's one for you. When using guilds or crafting in town, there seems to be a cooldown after the message stating whatever you were doing was successful. If you get this message and proceed to immediately join a tournament without letting some time pass, you will be ejected from the tournament after the first round.

Munchbold said:
Here's one for you. When using guilds or crafting in town, there seems to be a cooldown after the message stating whatever you were doing was successful. If you get this message and proceed to immediately join a tournament without letting some time pass, you will be ejected from the tournament after the first round.

Yes its also the same issue that freezes people in town.  You need to creatively find a way for 30 minutes to pass in game, such as at the inn.  The cheapskate might claim highway robbery to pay at the inn for just a half hours time, but same cheapskate probably never ate on their own at a bar or restaurant that their folks didn't pay.  I manage to spend cash even for a quick visit to an establishment.  Or they can exit town and re-enter, as the simple act of exiting also burns an hour, to kind of clear this for free.

I think i found two bugs.
First: If you start as a female character (lets say human, my case) and you become a lich, you start to be referenced as male, sounds are male and soo on, even tough you are still suffering from the prejudice of being a woman.
Second: there seems to be a bug with party size for a necromancer PC, it keeps going down everytime any united is recruited from necromancy (it seems like) dies or leave. I have 8 leadership and a ton of charisma (24 or 25), 500+ renow and only 198 party size. (it was 215, then it came down 206 and now 19:cool:.

vrork said:
First: If you start as a female character (lets say human, my case) and you become a lich, you start to be referenced as male, sounds are male and soo on, even tough you are still suffering from the prejudice of being a woman.
Second: there seems to be a bug with party size for a necromancer PC, it keeps going down everytime any united is recruited from necromancy (it seems like) dies or leave. I have 8 leadership and a ton of charisma (24 or 25), 500+ renow and only 198 party size. (it was 215, then it came down 206 and now 19:cool:.

Guspav ran out of skins.  So Liches are male.  Theres no female skin for liches.  Zombies are male.  I made skeletons female by the way.  Liches will never be female; I'm out of skin slots.  Warband only allows 16; they're all in use.

Party size is going down because you're shedding skeletons and zombies and filling the space left with skins that dont puff up party limit, that is mummies, liches, shadows, or normal races -- none of those give a bonus to party size.  As your party sheds excess skeletons and zombies, the next party size is a little smaller.  You can shed not skeletons, not zombies in anticipation of the weekly purge.  Or you can be happy that the party size cap is 5/3rd what it should be for non liches, as a MAXIMUM, but only when enough of them are actually skeletons or zombies.  When those percentage fall then you actually shrink that limit.  Don't worry, it wont auto grow very much after the first purge, put if you have too many dark mages etc they can puff you enough that the trim seems hard.  Consider them donating their essence to the void.

Neither one is a bug actually.  They're working as intended.

gsanders said:
vrork said:

Guspav ran out of skins.  So Liches are male.  Theres no female skin for liches.  Zombies are male.  I made skeletons female by the way.  Liches will never be female; I'm out of skin slots.  Warband only allows 16; they're all in use.

Party size is going down because you're shedding skeletons and zombies and filling the space left with skins that dont puff up party limit, that is mummies, liches, shadows, or normal races -- none of those give a bonus to party size.  As your party sheds excess skeletons and zombies, the next party size is a little smaller.  You can shed not skeletons, not zombies in anticipation of the weekly purge.  Or you can be happy that the party size cap is 5/3rd what it should be for non liches, as a MAXIMUM, but only when enough of them are actually skeletons or zombies.  When those percentage fall then you actually shrink that limit.  Don't worry, it wont auto grow very much after the first purge, put if you have too many dark mages etc they can puff you enough that the trim seems hard.  Consider them donating their essence to the void.

Ah okay. Its just never mentioned that anywhere. And about the skin, i dont mind the skin, but what about the sounds and the pronoums used? Isnt possible to change them no matter the skin? (aka, doing the same thing as the prejudice does?)

vrork said:
gsanders said:
vrork said:

Ah okay. Its just never mentioned that anywhere. And about the skin, i dont mind the skin, but what about the sounds and the pronoums used? Isnt possible to change them no matter the skin? (aka, doing the same thing as the prejudice does?)

There are no less than 3000 distinct dialogs that rely on a specific test of gender.  All of those failed by the way in 2014 Phantasy Calradia.  I suppose I can tweak up my test but Guspav in places made his own test, so I would have to hunt down and replace the maybe 400-600 he changed by his own scheme; which is impressive enough.  My scheme has a single core point so it can change quickly, designed for use where the skins file changes between mods.  Guspav instead cuts and pastes a test and gives the answer in each dialog point, making the code much slower to modify when skins change.  I converted some but not all of them as I encountered them, in most cases expanding hard coded numbers like "12" to "tf_skeleton so if skeleton ever moves its understood its troop flag skeleton were talking about, not just am arbitrary number that this weekend happens to mean "skeleton".  I'd need to convert his calls to always point to my central call to do what you wish.

The sounds generated when you are hit however are made by the warband engine referencing your actual skin number and the sounds connected to it, so those can never be changed.  It could then be done in somewhere between 3 and 5 of my hours, which is 2-3 days of Guspav time.  The fact is though, I can do a lot of other things in those same hours.  It may never get done to do a full modification of all the strings that weren't done my way to begin with.  I could probably have 3/4 of the dialogs shift within 2 hours, but even those two hours would go priority to game crashes discovered over the weekend or someone claiming such (I get a lot of submissions that turn out the answer was the person refused to patch so my time is frittered away further as the user base grows).

It may take a few weeks.

gsanders said:
vrork said:
gsanders said:
vrork said:

There are no less than 3000 distinct dialogs that rely on a specific test of gender.  All of those failed by the way in 2014 Phantasy Calradia.  I suppose I can tweak up my test but Guspav in places made his own test, so I would have to hunt down and replace the maybe 400-600 he changed by his own scheme; which is impressive enough.  My scheme has a single core point so it can change quickly, designed for use where the skins file changes between mods.  Guspav instead cuts and pastes a test and gives the answer in each dialog point, making the code much slower to modify when skins change.  I converted some but not all of them as I encountered them, in most cases expanding hard coded numbers like "12" to "tf_skeleton so if skeleton ever moves its understood its troop flag skeleton were talking about, not just am arbitrary number that this weekend happens to mean "skeleton".  I'd need to convert his calls to always point to my central call to do what you wish.

The sounds generated when you are hit however are made by the warband engine referencing your actual skin number and the sounds connected to it, so those can never be changed.  It could then be done in somewhere between 3 and 5 of my hours, which is 2-3 days of Guspav time.  The fact is though, I can do a lot of other things in those same hours.  It may never get done to do a full modification of all the strings that weren't done my way to begin with.  I could probably have 3/4 of the dialogs shift within 2 hours, but even those two hours would go priority to game crashes discovered over the weekend or someone claiming such (I get a lot of submissions that turn out the answer was the person refused to patch so my time is frittered away further as the user base grows).

It may take a few weeks.

Ah okay. Thanks for explaining. No worries, tough. Its not the end of the world, its just, weird. Btw, i was thinking here with my buttons. There are two skins for the lich, one more skelly like and the other less skelly like. Wouldnt be possible to make them a differente race instead? Maybe when you become a lich you choose between male and female lich? (i dont know that would allow you to set different things, but i saw some modifications with a incredbly amount of races and many of them had more than 2 skins (if i renember well, they were more than 8 races).
Another thing i am thinking off, isnt possible for you to point the texts towards the male or female human (vanilla) race/skins? Because i dont see any special text/interactions and if there is any, it would be less work to adapt only a few than all (i think).

vrork said:
[ There are two skins for the lich, one more skelly like and the other less skelly like. Wouldnt be possible to make them a differente race instead? Maybe when you become a lich you choose between male and female lich? (i dont know that would allow you to set different things, but i saw some modifications with a incredbly amount of races and many of them had more than 2 skins (if i renember well, they were more than 8 races).
Another thing i am thinking off, isnt possible for you to point the texts towards the male or female human (vanilla) race/skins? Because i dont see any special text/interactions and if there is any, it would be less work to adapt only a few than all (i think).

Lich uses "undead" which is also shared with Mummy.  Skeleton has a different skin.  Zombie has a different skin.  Shadow has a different skin.  There are not 2 skins used per race as is normal as there are too many races.  So most of Guspav's races have only 1 sex in order to use only 1 skin.  There's no skins left to give up.  In my opinion some should dumped, such as demon, and used for some better purpose.  Even golems is shared with Ogres (they use the same skin - a skeleton type that has a specific magnification from human skeleton model.  In this instance skeleton refers to where it bends or rotates, not skeleton as in necromancers summon them.  Deep down inside, all the animations rotate arms, shoulders, legs because each bone is assigned motion in the animation and that gets mapped over the 3d model, which has textures copied over the surface dedicated to each of those 0 through 15 "skins".  Picking the skin also picks the skeleton type used, where the face puts its eyes (and see the mismatch for orc female head), where hair is going to go, and in turn will give rise to other issues, like beards sticking through helmets if the size doesn't match, or legs/neck not in alignment like in early Warsword Conquest when the body size changes.  That's why many armors are race limited there.

whydott said:
Mackintosh said:

after you get fief and have a treasurer, your weekly profit goes directly to treasury.

Well, that was **** obvious and annoying at the same time, I already got to get the savings from the gnomish bank and now I have to get it from the treasury too? So much unnecessary micromanagement :/
Appreciate the answer anyways

Silly question im not sure if its a bug or not? But I can't seem to notice any special abilities of any of the selected deities for the cleric? Is that feature that hasn't be implemented yet or am I having a bug that blocks their specials?

*Edited*

Selected not deleted, sorry spellcheck did a wonky thing there.

Back
Top Bottom