Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

I didn't read the 89 pages but, maybe a kind of arena could be put in the module, with a new class Gladiator that make you gain (slowly) denars with fights in the arena. Maybe such a thing could diminish the number of useless wars, attacks and kills outside.

There could be tournaments too, or faction's champions duels with somes rules. Roleplaying Talking is fine, but this game is obviously made for action and competition.

That's just a small idea I had one minute before ^^

Azrooh said:
If you took a serf, put a 57 in the Value 2 field, it would say 'Become a Sharpshooter for the X faction.'
If you became the class, you would just be a serf.
Um... you want to trick the players into spending the money and time to train as something they didn't want? Sorry, that just sounds like a mess.

Vornne said:
Azrooh said:
If you took a serf, put a 57 in the Value 2 field, it would say 'Become a Sharpshooter for the X faction.'
If you became the class, you would just be a serf.
Um... you want to trick the players into spending the money and time to train as something they didn't want? Sorry, that just sounds like a mess.

No, that was just an example. Plus, the item would still look like a pitchfork, and have the stats when you look at it.
It would be more for renaming outlaw sailors to Pirates, or a nordic-style town's footman to Fyrdsman.

Hello guys. First of all the idea of the mod and it's execution is great so far, I just wanted to say some things that I suggest. When disconnection I don't think is necessary to lose all your weapons and armor, that should be solved with something like the c-rpg system, you have a character with a certain name and it when you join you choose him and that is it. Second thing is that when you get killed it would be better if you lost all weapons and much more money instead of losing all the weapons all your armor etc. but kept your armor. It makes the mod really repulsive to me when I die to lose my armor.
I hope you take my suggestions into further account while making your next patch.
Oh I didn't look all the other posts so I don't know if any other person has suggested something like this. Thank you

Sushiman said:
Mordaunt said:
Sushiman said:
That's about the hundredth time that's been suggested. No.

Feel free to respond to a polite and constructive post with one of your own for once in your life.

U jelly bro?

what, you're no good at warband so you spend your time having a go at people on these forums? lol. i barely play warband and i'm sure i could beat you 10-0 in duels.

Splintert said:
v4 has a goal. It is to be in a faction and take over castles.
Correct; though if they wanted someone could make a new scene with no captureable castles, just the commoners and outlaws factions enabled. In the next version I'll add a server option (disabled by default) where a faction "wins" if they capture all castles and hold them for 5 minutes, in case some server owners want to make the competitive part more obvious.

One thing I've noticed is that people think when one faction takes over all the castles they think it 'bugs' or 'screws up' the game. Would it be fair to put the mercenary/banner things in their own place, as well as give them a sort of armoury?

The idea behind the mercenary training posts is that they are just a simple gathering place where players can start a rebellion or uprising if one of the factions is inactive, to restart it; not that they are an extra faction from outside the scene (the name mercenary probably wasn't very good). If I made an armory with processing and crafting stations somewhere, it would just seem like adding another castle to the scene, which the evil empire could control just like the rest of the castles they own... "mercenaries" are only intended for a group wanting to take back a specific castle by force or sneakiness, not for them to be a wandering pillaging army that has no castle with resources or weapons they need to protect - if they want to be a wandering army, they need to break into the different castles to steal equipment, not just have it handed to them.

Maybe I need to join a game when there are a lot of players, to try understand why it might be too hard to take back a castle from one big faction... it seems most large empires would be built up with players that enjoy fighting, so once there aren't many enemies to fight, doesn't the faction start splitting up from the inside? If not, why do you think players like all joining one big faction? Are all the castles staying totally locked up, without any chance to sneak some weapons out? What are some of the specific annoying things that seem to happen when trying to take back a castle from an empire faction?

Vornne said:
What are some of the specific annoying things that seem to happen when trying to take back a castle from an empire faction?

In my experience on the Australian server (which means there are at most 30 people) a faction will break into another faction and kill everyone, then wait in armory to repeat as they spawn rather than taking the castle for themselves. Once this gets boring or that faction ragequits, they will move to the next one and do it all again. Heck, my faction of four epic warriors destroyed a server of 20 people spread over 3 factions with this method. What incentive is there to capture a castle as your own properly? If all faction members got a $5000 reward it'd be worthwhile capturing, re-capturing, rebelling, etc. The Lord's chest doesn't cut it, it's inconsistent with its gold and can be easily broken into rather than usurped.

Back
Top Bottom