Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

polobow: keeping it simple at this stage; maybe sometime.

Vizaresha: the game mode is based around encouraging you to join a faction and protect its castles for the advantages that gives, rather than letting people just join the game and be whatever they want with little interaction with other players or the environment. Scene makers could give the commoners easy access to all classes and items - but it's definitely not intended to be played that way. If you just want to "look good" as a commoner, the civilian type clothes are all buyable at the main town.

Vornne said:
polobow: keeping it simple at this stage; maybe sometime.

Vizaresha: the game mode is based around encouraging you to join a faction and protect its castles for the advantages that gives, rather than letting people just join the game and be whatever they want with little interaction with other players or the environment. Scene makers could give the commoners easy access to all classes and items - but it's definitely not intended to be played that way. If you just want to "look good" as a commoner, the civilian type clothes are all buyable at the main town.

But when this comes at the expsensive of one faction who was on before you controlling all the castles and having superior weapons/funds to keep you down, it's pretty discouraging. *cough* ROMANS *cough*

TBH v4 is far more frustrating; things are just more high-stakes now. Controlling castles, having weapons, dying, it all matters more now. While this has done wonders for toning down the retardation level to only the occasional random idiot, it has dramatically increased the level of Faction douche-baggery.

I just don't see the fun in working for a few hours to get things that you'll die and lose along with 20% of the money you've made thusfar; or in having to defend a castle when some other lucky bastard got the island one which no army has seriously taken in the heat of battle because you can't expect to bring 5 guys worth of wood into the battle to construct that damn ladder.

I know this is pretty bitter of me, and you've really done wonderful things for PW so I shouldn't be so upset, but I think that tying people down like this system (or at least this map) does is pretty backwards as far as the leaps you've made in other regards (constructible/destroyable structures, crafting, drawbridges and OMG-BOATS!).

EDIT: For clarity, my suggestion is making things easier to obtain and making factions less totally dominant.

Tryed the mod today.I liked it.The only things I didnt like:
1.I think that outlows need some love.There is no any bandit weapon that they can buy on their base(would be great to see some expensive bandit armor/weapon),they cant random but everyone can random them and they have bad stats.Usually there is only 1-3 people on server playing as outlow.
2.Stupid rule about randoming.Yeap,free roleplay world and I cant attack guy in any moment I want. :roll:
3.Laggs.

DarkFox said:
Tryed the mod today.I liked it.The only things I didnt like:
1.I think that outlows need some love.There is no any bandit weapon that they can buy on their base(would be great to see some expensive bandit armor/weapon),they cant random but everyone can random them and they have bad stats.Usually there is only 1-3 people on server playing as outlow.
2.Stupid rule about randoming.Yeap,free roleplay world and I cant attack guy in any moment I want. :roll:
3.Laggs.

1. Bandit kings never existed, and plus you can just buy a weapon beforehand and then switch to bandit.

2. Why should you be allowed to atatck people for no reason? How is attacking any guy you want having to do with roleplay?

3. Server issue or maybe you need to lower graphics.

Only things i don't like are the admins keep abusing - ie they'll run around naked then strike you in the back, or they'll attack you, you'll kill them, they'll make your character drop dead or kick you.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Lets bring back the mask helm!
Do you mean the Vaegir War Mask, which I changed from the full face version to the unused half face version, because I thought it looked better?
Mordaunt said:
Only things i don't like are the admins keep abusing - ie they'll run around naked then strike you in the back, or they'll attack you, you'll kill them, they'll make your character drop dead or kick you.
That seems to be a problem with the server hoster - they should remove admin rights from the abusers. The admin tools are not so admins can have extra advantages when playing the game: they are only meant for enforcing server rules or testing the game (some of the tools were added for me to test things easily).

1. Add editable TXT file with fast RP phrases and bind them to F1-F6
2. Lord after death ceases to be a lord, if within 5 minutes of the new has not been chosen faction ceases to exist

Vovka said:
1. Add editable TXT file with fast RP phrases and bind them to F1-F6
As said in the main post, animations and "emotes" are planned for later; quick phrases would probably use the same system.
Vovka said:
2. Lord after death ceases to be a lord, if within 5 minutes of the new has not been chosen faction ceases to exist
This doesn't make much sense: factions never cease to exist.

Anchors:

Takes 3 or so seconds to throw down, takes 15 or so seconds to bring back up. The ship cannot move while the anchor is down. Can be thrown down to ensure that anybody stealing your boat needs to stand in the open for 15 seconds, or can be thrown down by a boarding party to make sure that ship cannot break off and leave before the fight is done.

Azrooh said:
Anchors:

Takes 3 or so seconds to throw down, takes 15 or so seconds to bring back up. The ship cannot move while the anchor is down. Can be thrown down to ensure that anybody stealing your boat needs to stand in the open for 15 seconds, or can be thrown down by a boarding party to make sure that ship cannot break off and leave before the fight is done.

Or increase the standard time and decrease the time with sailor skill. So a sailor can go away faster than just a peasant trying to troll. ( Or not knowing what he is doing.)

About Peasanty:

WoodCutting: i should be able to use a woodcutter's axe as a peasant.

Mining: never tried it as the resources are all by the castles.

Fishing: we should have something where you have to throw a net at a "school of fish" object, and when this thrown net hits it, it has a chance to spawn a fish filled net. after about 100 uses (100 ammo) the net becomes useless. once thrown, it dissapears once hitting the object.  when the fish filled net spawns, it will give the owner 3 fish. these fish can be sold for 100 gold each, and the net for 250 gold.

General: i should at least be able to make my own tools, and use them.

About Kingdoms:

Iron is almost impossible to get into the castle because it is hard to make money without selling it, unless you pay the engineer to smelt it for you and hope to God he doesnt run off.

proposed suggestion: all serfs can smelt ore, which the natural inclination will be to sell it at the kingdom's iron deposit.
this will keep iron in, and keep serfs happy.

all kingdom units should gain 100 gold a minute. seing as soldiers do not make money, and serfs dont either unless they are selling wood... still not a lot... this would be incentive to RP.

Trade should be possible through the kingdom management section in ESC. once a selection is made (Iron,Gold,Fish,Wood for xxxxx), a trade cart should be spawned with a Horse that when mounted, will automatically start the cart's Path through map nodes. this would open up a whole new dynamic!

[/spoiler]

About Boats:

Engineers should be able to make a ship at a Shipwright, outside each kingdom at their port. each kingdom can have 1 such crafted boat, and only kingdom troops can man such a boat. this will:

-stop boat stealing
-make engineers even more useful
-stop boat whoring.

if at anytime the kingdom needs another boat, all the leader would have to do is press "destroy boat" in the kingdom management options in ESC to get rid of it.

About Map:

This map is unbalanced because...

-not all castles have Iron Deposits behind them
-not all castles have Ports for Ships
-not all castles have good defenses

we need a four-square map with all of the above, a commoner town in the middle, and an outlaw hideout somewhere.

Other Suggestions:

Horses should have a sort of life-link with its owner, making the following possible...
-only the owner can use it
-when the owner dies, the horse does, or becomes free to use.

more later if i can think up some more

Vornne said:
Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Lets bring back the mask helm!
Do you mean the Vaegir War Mask, which I changed from the full face version to the unused half face version, because I thought it looked better?
Mordaunt said:
That seems to be a problem with the server hoster - they should remove admin rights from the abusers. The admin tools are not so admins can have extra advantages when playing the game: they are only meant for enforcing server rules or testing the game (some of the tools were added for me to test things easily).

I always liked the Vaegir War Mask. It looked the most intimidating with perhaps the full helm second. Can we have both?

Azrooh said:
Nice idea; but I don't really want to increase the number of linked scene props with ships, as that code is pretty complicated already. There are a lot of parts of the code that would need to be adjusted, not just one place.
Suspicous Pilgrim said:
I always liked the Vaegir War Mask. It looked the most intimidating with perhaps the full helm second. Can we have both?
Ok.
Blademaster said:
proposed suggestion: all serfs can smelt ore, which the natural inclination will be to sell it at the kingdom's iron deposit.
this will keep iron in, and keep serfs happy.
No, I'll probably just add some iron ore stockpiles to castles.
Blademaster said:
all kingdom units should gain 100 gold a minute. seing as soldiers do not make money, and serfs dont either unless they are selling wood... still not a lot... this would be incentive to RP.
I thought about this sort of thing early on in development, but decided against it: I don't want to add any feature that allows players to hide somewhere safe and then go AFK, just waiting for the free gold; all money making should be as a result of actively doing something that affects the game, not simple things which don't need continual player input. Soldiers can make money by looting well equipped corpses for the money bag (containing 50% - 70% of the armor value) and any expensive weapons to sell or trade. Faction lords have access to the castle money chest, which gets 20% of every item bought at the castle, and 50% of all training costs, so the lord should have some money to pay the troops which are actually doing helpful things. Do you think lords don't gain enough money at the castle chests, on average? Maybe you could try selling items to players from other factions, to get the 20% tax.
Blademaster said:
Trade should be possible through the kingdom management section in ESC. once a selection is made (Iron,Gold,Fish,Wood for xxxxx), a trade cart should be spawned with a Horse that when mounted, will automatically start the cart's Path through map nodes. this would open up a whole new dynamic!
I don't like automatic scripted things that players can do perfectly well themselves; when carts are finished so they can carry items, players could ride around in trade caravans, selling the items at more profitable export stations, or selling resources to another faction for extra money.
Blademaster said:
This map is unbalanced because...
we need a four-square map with all of the above, a commoner town in the middle, and an outlaw hideout somewhere.
The scene is intentionally not symmetrical: each castle has different advantages and disadvantages, like easy / hard access to iron, easy / hard to siege, close to town, access to ships, access to different items, and so on... if all the castles are exactly the same, there is little reason to attack another faction or castle. People can make new symmetrical "balanced" scenes if they want to, but I think they are boring and don't seem very life like.
Blademaster said:
Horses should have a sort of life-link with its owner, making the following possible...
Sorry, that doesn't seem realistic at all. You just don't like horse stealing, and want to make it impossible?

The system of slavery.
  Done on the mine for each fraction with two outputs:
1. Free entry and exit - with the guards from the faction.
2. The output on the other side but for the money, let's say 5k. (money go to fraction chest)
At the mine for sale of resources - 10% of cost
  If a player was killed by stun weapons, 100% he resp at factions mine that killed him, else 5%

- Coding and adaptation of maps ((

Vovka said:
  The system of slavery.
  Done on the mine for each fraction with two outputs:
1. Free entry and exit - with the guards from the faction.
2. The output on the other side but for the money, let's say 5k. (money go to fraction chest)
At the mine for sale of resources - 10% of cost
  If a player was killed by stun weapons, 100% he resp at factions mine that killed him, else 5%

- Coding and adaptation of maps ((

Slavery could work - I'd like to see faction lords being able to buy slaves from slave traders. Slaves are bots and they sell iron or wood then deposit the gold in the faction chest.

Yeah horse theft is a big problem. also, its a big problem not having iron deposits near you, and especially not having a boat to get it since people like to jack boats...

i like the iron ore deposit idea, but i think overall iron should be cheaper, so that if that DOES happen, people can buy ore easier.

Value 2 for 'change class' is not used, so here is a suggestion for its use:

Changing the name of a class. Take a change class scene prop, give its value 2 a number, and the class name will be changed to that.
Here are some generic names:

1 - Peasant
2 - Serf
3 - Farmer
4 - Miner
5 - Lumberjack
6 - Engineer
7 - Craftsman
8 - Blacksmith
9 - Architect
10 - Builder
11 - Footman
12 - Fyrdsman
13 - Spearman
14 - Swordsman
15 - Militiaman
16 - Man at Arms
17 - Champion
18 - Bodyguard
19 - Huskarl
20 - General
21 - Sailor
22 - Seaman
23 - Pirate
24 - Fisherman
25 - Marine
26 - Ruffian
27 - Mercenary
28 - Brigand
29 - Scum
30 - Highwayman
31 - Peasant
32 - Civilian
33 - Townsman
34 - Hermit
35 - Commoner
36 - Lord
37 - King
38 - Mayor
39 - Count
40 - Earl
41 - Lancer
42 - Horseman
43 - Knight
44 - Hussar
45 - Cavalryman
46 - Doctor
47 - Surgeon
48 - Medic
49 - Physician
50 - Scientist
51 - Crossbowman
52 - Arbalestier
53 - Archer
54 - Hunter
55 - Longbowman
56 - Marksman
57 - Sharpshooter
That leaves 50 custom names for people to ask you to add.

If you took a serf, put a 57 in the Value 2 field, it would say 'Become a Sharpshooter for the X faction.'
If you became the class, you would just be a serf.

Azrooh said:
Value 2 for 'change class' is not used, so here is a suggestion for its use:

Changing the name of a class. Take a change class scene prop, give its value 2 a number, and the class name will be changed to that.
Here are some generic names:

1 - Peasant
2 - Serf
3 - Farmer
4 - Miner
5 - Lumberjack
6 - Engineer
7 - Craftsman
8 - Blacksmith
9 - Architect
10 - Builder
11 - Footman
12 - Fyrdsman
13 - Spearman
14 - Swordsman
15 - Militiaman
16 - Man at Arms
17 - Champion
18 - Bodyguard
19 - Huskarl
20 - General
21 - Sailor
22 - Seaman
23 - Pirate
24 - Fisherman
25 - Marine
26 - Ruffian
27 - Mercenary
28 - Brigand
29 - Scum
30 - Highwayman
31 - Peasant
32 - Civilian
33 - Townsman
34 - Hermit
35 - Commoner
36 - Lord
37 - King
38 - Mayor
39 - Count
40 - Earl
41 - Lancer
42 - Horseman
43 - Knight
44 - Hussar
45 - Cavalryman
46 - Doctor
47 - Surgeon
48 - Medic
49 - Physician
50 - Scientist
51 - Crossbowman
52 - Arbalestier
53 - Archer
54 - Hunter
55 - Longbowman
56 - Marksman
57 - Sharpshooter
That leaves 50 custom names for people to ask you to add.

If you took a serf, put a 57 in the Value 2 field, it would say 'Become a Sharpshooter for the X faction.'
If you became the class, you would just be a serf.

good idea.

Back
Top Bottom