Bug Reports and Player Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

This time I looked at the faction less troops (mercs and militia). Overall, the whole thing makes much more sense than before and most stuff seems fine I did find some things though:

Cavalry.
1. Shield maidens: a little too strong. Slightly better equipment that merc cav all round (minus the lance), better stats, skills and weapon proficiency. The lance is just not worth that much.
2. Caravan guards: currently a complete waste of money. Not only do they cost 50% more than manhunters, they are would lose to them 1-on-1. The patchnotes say they should be light skirmish cav, but since they just have lances (very bad ones) and swords, they just charge in like wannabe swadian knights and die to looters. One way to fix them would be take away their lances (which do very little in their hands anyway) and replace with hunting/light crossbows. That way they be actually skirmishing like Rhodock cav and not just instantly die. Plus a light crossbow is a more logical weapon for militia cav than a lance.

Infantry.
1. Zweihander: a little too expensive to be actually used. Almost double the price of swordsman from which he is promoted and 4 times the cost of top peasant infantry like varangian guards. That a little too much.

wasn't merc supposed to be Expensive, yet easy to recruit?
and milita being on the weaker side.

i think you missing the point of their existence.

akirakirijo said:
wasn't merc supposed to be Expensive, yet easy to recruit?
and milita being on the weaker side.
Yes, this what my points are about.

Mercs are supposed to be expensive, but not so expensesive as to make them useless (iirc the idea was that mercs are around double the upkeep to kingdom troops). Which is why Zweihander is a bit insane with the cost.

Militia are supposed to be cheap but weaker troops. And outside of the caravan guard line they are: nothing stellar, but cheap. The Caravan guard is both expensive (around 50% more than the alternative manhunter tree) and very weak. There is no reason to ever take this line at the moment.

in native sure, while in NE the cost of high-end merc is barely a problem.

with all gold that waiting to be grabbed, i'm not even sure why mercenary wager is even a problem.

hence the caravan guard have the same wager with manhunter scout.

i don't see the problem.

akirakirijo said:
in native sure, while in NE the cost of high-end merc is barely a problem.
It's not a problem, but it reduces their use. I can take the extra cost for filling in a tactical niche or replacing costs, but paying 4x wages to a troop that is not worth it. The patch notes say (and most other do) that mercs cost 50-100% more,  not 300% more. So Zweihander is a bug. Nothing serious, but can be irritating.

hence the caravan guard have the same wager with manhunter scout.
Unfortunately they do not currently have the same wages at end of the tree. Caravan master currently takes 50% more than Manhunter captain. Again, it's not a major issue. The bigger issue is that Caravan guards try to behave like shock cavalry, rather than the light skirmishers they are, and instantly die.

i don't see the problem
The problem is having units which are just not viable. I would never take Zweihanders at the moment, because other mercs are better value. Just like I would never take Caravan guards, because they are not worth taking.

One of the big reasons for me, this mod is so good is because the factions trees are well done. Most troops have some use. Like Nord cavalry: not stellar, but actually worth taking in a Nord-only army.

ShadInqu said:
Unfortunately they do not currently have the same wages at end of the tree. Caravan master currently takes 50% more than Manhunter captain. Again, it's not a major issue. The bigger issue is that Caravan guards try to behave like shock cavalry, rather than the light skirmishers they are, and instantly die.

then, the problem lies on the end tier, not caravan guard.
light skirmisher really don't fit Caravan troops, i think the definition they actually want to use is "Light Cavalry".
adding more skirmisher...is meh.
khergit have it, nord have it, rhodok have it, sarranid have it, female merc have it.

The problem is having units which are just not viable. I would never take Zweihanders at the moment, because other mercs are better value. Just like I would never take Caravan guards, because they are not worth taking.

then, this discussion falls to your "Preference", your "taste", etc.

I have 30 zweihanders on my party, and they're worth what they ask, so far. they keep my sieges from beeing breached.

and the cost on NE is kinda something to pass aside, since you can make a steady weekly income, from tournaments, to evolve into enterprises

ShadInqu said:
This time I looked at the faction less troops (mercs and militia). Overall, the whole thing makes much more sense than before and most stuff seems fine I did find some things though:

I'm glad you see it that way. I put a lot of effort into making the Merc and Manhunter branches actually have some flavor, rather than simply being cultureless troops.

Cavalry.
1. Shield maidens: a little too strong. Slightly better equipment that merc cav all round (minus the lance), better stats, skills and weapon proficiency. The lance is just not worth that much.

That's kind of a tough one. I don't really agree there, and it could be entirely in how I/you use them. I find the Shield Maidens are excellent for holding the line while on an offensive siege, or cases where I'm unlikely to be able to use cavalary (mountains terrain). Outside of that, I find Merc Cav are better in just about every way, because the initial shock of a merc cav charge is very effective, and you can then pull out merc cav for another charge. Unlike Merc Cav, Maidens are never going to be able to piece an Arbalestier's armor, for instance. Basically, I find that as the armor becomes heavier and the more horses the AI is using, the less effective the Maidens become. They have better skills because they should be a few levels higher than Cav, but that is mostly to get them enough skill points to make their javelins and shields worth it.

2. Caravan guards: currently a complete waste of money. Not only do they cost 50% more than manhunters, they are would lose to them 1-on-1. The patchnotes say they should be light skirmish cav, but since they just have lances (very bad ones) and swords, they just charge in like wannabe swadian knights and die to looters. One way to fix them would be take away their lances (which do very little in their hands anyway) and replace with hunting/light crossbows. That way they be actually skirmishing like Rhodock cav and not just instantly die. Plus a light crossbow is a more logical weapon for militia cav than a lance.

That's interesting. The big difference between Caravan Guard->Master vs Mahunters is that the Caravan Guards should be getting more consistent armor and have couchable polearms, so they should be able to get instant kills during a charge. Manhunters replace that with the jousting lance, and aside from that, they should perform roughly equally. They should cost the same, however, so it's possible the code that checks for militia is not deducting the CAravan Guard cost enough. I like the idea of giving them crossbows, so perhaps I'll give that a try.

Infantry.
1. Zweihander: a little too expensive to be actually used. Almost double the price of swordsman from which he is promoted and 4 times the cost of top peasant infantry like varangian guards. That a little too much.

Mercs are supposed to be expensive, but trust me, go up against the huge merc bands that are sent after you or marshalls, and watch how the Zweihanders just obliterate heavy cav. If they are proving to be not useful, better armor might be helpful, but I've found that for their role, they do very well.

Thanks for the reply. I see your point regarding the mercs.
soulmata said:
The big difference between Caravan Guard->Master vs Mahunters is that the Caravan Guards should be getting more consistent armor
I am not sure what you mean by consistent. Looking through the file for guaranteed item classes, the two branches are the same. As for items themselves
Helmets: caravan guards don't have helmets; drivers have a decent helmet; caravan master downgrades to a worse helmet.
Body armor: guards are more or less equivalent to manhunter scouts; manhunter drivers can get mail (caravan are stuck with leather); manhunter captains get better armor.
Legs: Equivalent until manhunter captains, who have mail boots which are much better.
Shields: Caravan guards have a small chace of getting a slightly better shield (though they lack the shield skill)

Caravan masters could use better leg armor, as that's where they get hit when they charge into infantry, and leather boots just aren't giving much protection. Also swap helmets with caravan drivers. They the entire caravan branch could use a couple of points in shields skill (which is required for some of their shields), and probably need to loose the really bad wooden round shield. I've done the edit on the troops file and they do now appear somewhat more survivable and longer dying in droves to looters.

Lately I've been encountered this weird bug. Whenever I talked to my companion, Jinnai, and asked him to let me see his equipment, my PC hangs and I had to do a hard reboot. All other companions are ok, no freeze, just Jinnai. It's funny now all my companions are equipped with better gears and only Jinnai is still wearing his original gears. I'm too scared to talk to him to upgrade his gears! LoL

strits said:
When i seige Dhirim. The siege tower just dont move. I cannot attack the defender.

Arqueirox said:
That is a issue since 6.20.

Copy the scene_props.txt from native folder to 6.23 folder. Now the siege tower will start on the wall. Keep in mind when defending a castle/town the tower will be on the wall buit the atackers wont charge.

follow this
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
village upgrade that prevented people using horse (caltrops? don't really remember) cause troops banner that hovering above troops to disappear and i spent 15 seconds trying to hit my own troops

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is it just me or vaegir lord never use their noble troops?

Ok. So i had a older version of the game from a while ago, (almost a year?) and i recently got the newest version. After this, my save files were out of date which was EXPECTED. Next, i started playing a new game on the newest version. (623) Then, i open warband and the mod and go to the saves, and it says that i have had 1 days, even though ive been playing for 4-5 days, and it says incorrect file type on the bottom. I dont know if this is related, but i went into the saves, and saw that they were in a sav file type, but when i clicked on them it launched cs:go with the icon on the files the cs:go logo. i opened it with notepad, and it didnt work. I then did a previous version for the folder to 6/30/16. This reverted the file to the first day, when i made my character. But, it still worked. I have a copy of the folder with the files not reverted, and the one that is reverted. (the non reverted file was last editied 7/3/16, and im writing this on 7/4/16.) I am starting to think it has nothing to do with the file type, because they all are .sav, and probably was just corrupted.

Thanks to anyone who replys, it would be gladly appreciated.  :grin:

Hi , I would like some help on this 'Constant Treasoning' story, it happened after 200 days of playing,vassals just get constantly shoved everywhere every second to a new faction. and you know its just spoiling the whole game, theres no where where they give proper solutions other than using tweak mb to make the vassals have better relations with their kings but that didn't work really. is there not a straight forward option to completely stop the treasoning? like COMPLETELY take the system out

clangrant111 said:
Hi , I would like some help on this 'Constant Treasoning' story, it happened after 200 days of playing,vassals just get constantly shoved everywhere every second to a new faction. and you know its just spoiling the whole game, theres no where where they give proper solutions other than using tweak mb to make the vassals have better relations with their kings but that didn't work really. is there not a straight forward option to completely stop the treasoning? like COMPLETELY take the system out

I have not really seen that before, and the treason system is actually native code. NE didn't modify indictments for treason or betrayal code, except to prevent core dark knight lords from betraying.

You could easily disable it, but again, it's native code - the 2 scripts that check for indictments or betrayals you could have immediately return rather than do any work. It's under simple triggers or possibly scripts I believe.

this mod is AWESOME! some issues after 700+ days in:

1. money is too easy. i broke 1 million before the dark knights even invaded and i did not have any villages/towns/castles or bothering with any enterprises -- i used only looting. i'm currently at 1.5 million after dropping a bit when i first got some castles with my own kingdom (all the improvements!).  i think the towns have too much money available for auto selling. in native, i could get a bunch of loot, but i spent more time and effort finding towns that could afford all my loot, so i started getting picky with what i picked up. no loot all and dump for $25k 2 - 3x a day. i'm not sure where to edit this

2. horses seem unbalanced. what is the point of hunters at 3 when there are a multitude of warhorses at level 3? i think all the non native horse requirements should go up by 1, at least. is there even a horse that requires 10 riding? i bumped most of the horses up by one, and it made me actually use the various horses until i could get the proper riding skills.

3. einherjar use only 1H weapons, but their skill level for 1H is 30.. i had to mod my game to match 2H their 2H skills. lost a castle due to that

4. kynaz has a horseman ivory bow and guaranteed horse, but no horse in selected items, by default. i recommend a vaegir noble warhorse.
4.5 ivory horseman bow has too low requirements. bring it up to 5 and i think it would be about right.

5. swadian mounted troops use their lances during sieges and when unhorsed.  also lost a castle due to having a bunch of paladins with lances 2 feet from the attackers with swords on their hips and shields in their other hand. what does AI use to determine which weapon to use?

6. what happened to true bastard swords? 1h/2h swords?
6.5 why aren't there any long reach 2H swords? the cavalier/paladin swords are longer than 2H. even the guanren sword is nearly as long. there is no equivalent high strength, long reach claymore or something.

7. vaegir mounted line overpowered.  they are too cheap: they should be inline with the swadian cost (with no increase in skills/equipment), and they need their horses toned down. druzzihna need vaegir warhorses and armored hunters. horsemen should have hunters and armored coursers. scouts should have saddle horses.  the druzzinas can beat any equivalent number of non noble mounted troop (except for dark knights), and they absolutely demolish ground troops. the berserkers are the only ground troops that can even regularly kill the druzzinas though they still lose. i modified my game with the recommendations here, and it balanced them much better. the druzzinas are still strong, but cost appropriately now. the troops leading up make more sense too.

well, the druzzs are more powerful than i even thought. i ran a test of 50 druzzs vs 50 of other troops in a modified mountain bandit party. no lords, and i did not fight. i just let myself get killed if an enemy came up. i ran each opponent 3 times, cycling through the different map setups for that battle area. i fought in the desert area, so it was rolling hills with plenty of space to run. i did not give any commands unless it was to dismount all the troops.  a positive number means the druzz's won and indicates how many druzz's were killed or knocked out during the battle. a 0 or negative score means the druzz's lost and the number indicates how many enemies they killed. a 0 is the worst. it means the druzz's killed no one (except for 1 of the cataphract battles. the druzz's did not lose a single man). the druzz's defeated almost every noble troop and some of the elite troops.

senior squires 1 3 5
knights 9 3 18
cavaliers 25 16 37
paladins -14 0 -1
priest -1 0 -1

savage lancer 1 3 1
guanren -25 -22 -8
jurtchi 18 9 34

einherjar -20 -46 -23
thane -12 -17 32
berserker 10 17 11
berserk no horse -20 -28 -25
valkryies 3 8 21
merkisr no horse 29 20 27

ivory sentinal -34 -42 -29
ivory marksman 2 14 4

spear horseman 38 -41 36
arbalestier 2 8 12
champion 20 18 20

spahbod serden -14 -12 -18
sarranid bey 32 10 -39
zheyaden -3 -2 -2
spahbod serden 35 24 22
cataphract 3 0 2

merc cav 5 6 11
merc shield maiden 6 6 6

Zephilinox said:
ThunderClaw said:
flaxus said:
I found a minor bugg when i was talking with my husband in m&b "It is well known that iam disappointed that high jarl ragnar of sargoth received the fief of prison guard, which shueld have gone to me."

It was Jarl Gearth in the kingdom of north's dialog
This is currently an unconfirmed bug.
When complaining about fiefs, lords will sometimes reference troops instead.
Mind providing a savegame so we can confirm it?

the same thing has happened to me before as well, if it happens again I'll be sure to provide a savegame.

Hi, I'm new to the forum but not M&B. I have the same issue, well similar. I am currently playing v0.610b (for some reason the patch for 0.610b2 won't dl). I can't find anywhere else to post this so I hope this is the right place.
First, one of the Lords' name changed to 'Useless building'. Kind of weird when useless building is asking for a feif. I know about the useless building bug and waited around 200 days for it to finish. Anyway, I thought I could just ignore one silly bug but then it happened again with another Lord, Deglan, now being know as Cattle Ranch. As funny as it is, it's not. Any help with this will be appreciated. If there is somewhere I can upload my savegame please drop me a link. Thanks

After asking a lady for the location of every lord in the kingdom, this screen appeared:

5giRG.jpg

Also, I got a quest from a lady to challenge Czar Yaroglek to a duel. When I talked to him, I got +10 relation. Not sure if that's intended, but shouldn't it be -10?

Siege bug, Hello ive had quite a few saves now that when i siege a castle with the ''build a sieg tower option'' and when it is done building the Siege Tower doesnt move forward.

It happens on Attack and Defense its quite anoying its forcing me to ''attack while you stand back'' wich kills alot of my troops.

im using the BETA version of this mod and havent changed anything. if you would like for me to post a save game please explain to me how i would do this since i have no knowledge on forums what so ever.

Back
Top Bottom