Bug report

Users who are viewing this thread

Better late than never i guess..(sorry)

the villages still have their origional names so don't worry about that, the cities however should have new ones, usually re-downloading fixes this but do say if it doesn't

greeks and etruscans are incomplete as Seek N Destroy said due to an issue regarding ownership of models, as for the textures not loading, this is again usually solved by re-downloading, something probably interrupted it the first time (its happened to me before)

Great Mod fellas,

I was really dissapointed when Hegemony seemed to go the way of the Dodo, but I saw CS II was released and gave it a go.  Great stuff.

1. Spatha seems to only allow stabbing (looks like a new animation as well) I'm wondering if this was an accident carried over from the Gladius as it defeats the purpose of a cavalry sword if all it can do is thrust.

1a. If for some reason the Gladius is inputted to only allow thrust (so the AI uses it more in lines of history) I would reccomend making two versions of the same gladius in items.py.  A version that only allows thrusting given to all AI soldiers and tagged to be non-lootable and not to show up in merchant shops and another version for the player (and companions) that does show up in the shops that has swing, thrust, and overhand enabled.  Yes, the Roman Army trained with it as a thrusting weapon, but it could also be used to slash and would have been from time to time.  To deny the player that versatility of how it could be used simply because it wasn't often used that way in formation is kind of a kick in the pants.

Great mod.  Looking forward to furutre releases.

-Cheers

Formations are bugged. Especially if you have an ally fighting with you and you have to select what troops will join th battle. Sometimes, only your troops show up instead of you and your allies' troops. Also, it seems that when I tell my infantry to form ranks or a shieldwall I end up with straglers that won't form up. They're just spread out over the map at the flanks of the formation. It's kind of annoying.

check_engine,
1- The spatha is indeed my mistake, I mixed a bit the flags and forgot to fix it.
2- The gladius will be kept as it is for now, if it doesn't suit you try using an one handed axe. Still you can attack right and left with it. Maybe I'll bother reverse to native settings for the haters or maybe not, only time will tell.

Dan11311,
Bugged formations? Ally don't join?
First check if you started the mod with WSE, you may use the battle sizer program from Janus if your pc can handle it and the main problem seems to be the fact that formations don't react well if you have too many troops in it. Try to separate your troops in different groups or divide one group of troops in two with the option:
Manage split troops management (if I recall correctly)

Seek and Destroy,

thank you for the feedback.  Good to know that the Spatha will eventually be looked into.

As for the Gladius, ignore what I had written.  I hadn't properly tested it in game and just assumed that was where the Spatha error had originated from.  yes, it only does a short hacking motion from horseback, which would likely be in line with using it as a last ditch attempt to break free from being pulled from your horse (it was a footman's blade after all).  What I was afriad of was that I would only be able to use it in a stabbing motion while on foot.  I tested last night and saw that I could indeed slash with it while in the role of an infantryman.  I don't see why any changes are nessessary.

Thanks again,

-Cheers

Seek n Destroy said:
check_engine,
1- The spatha is indeed my mistake, I mixed a bit the flags and forgot to fix it.
2- The gladius will be kept as it is for now, if it doesn't suit you try using an one handed axe. Still you can attack right and left with it. Maybe I'll bother reverse to native settings for the haters or maybe not, only time will tell.

Dan11311,
Bugged formations? Ally don't join?
First check if you started the mod with WSE, you may use the battle sizer program from Janus if your pc can handle it and the main problem seems to be the fact that formations don't react well if you have too many troops in it. Try to separate your troops in different groups or divide one group of troops in two with the option:
Manage split troops management (if I recall correctly)

Will the formations be looked into in the future? Will you be able to enable/disable (for player only) from the Camp menu? I ask because when I'm playing the Greeks I prefer to put my Hoplitoi and my Pezhetairos into two different groups and make them form tight shieldwalls to maximize their strength (Hoplite=Shield, Pezhetairos=Long spears). I usually set my battlesizer at 500 (any higher and my PC lags pretty bad). It really emerses you in the battles of that time because you have bigger battles and the formations really come alive in my opinion. My problem is with the formations in this mod only allowing so many to form up it becomes an issue. Shieldwall doesn't really work properly if you have battlesizer as you have lots of straglers as I mentioned before. I thank you for your prompt response on this issue and for this wonderful mod.

In this particular case native formations would work although your formation might be very "long", I mean that they use less ranks but work with more troops.
I might look into it.

Seek n Destroy said:
In this particular case native formations would work although your formation might be very "long", I mean that they use less ranks but work with more troops.
I might look into it.

Thanks. The only thing that I notice that's really game breaking is the morale issue. I think that should be the first priority. When I'm defeated in battle or have been traveling for a long time and have low morale you practically have to disband all of your troops just to recover your morale.

Bug:
1. Potencia village is unaccessible.

2. Syracusean villages with snow, south italian castles covered with snow.

:sad: I can't fight a naval fight..every time i try to ..it freezes and don't respond.any ideas about this? :idea:

Run time library! and then i click ok and the game close! always get this error when i try to fight

I don't know what could cause this, naval battles are just a simple encounter where you jump in a scene just like a battle. Do you experience lag in battles or any freezes elsewhere?  I will not provide a fix for now as the naval battles will be reworked for a future release, considering that everything goes as planned.

Try to search on the forum for similar errors, the way to fix your problem should be similar too.

Back
Top Bottom