Brytenwalda v1.41 Game Engine Problem Charakter disappeared and won´t heal

Users who are viewing this thread

max1257

Recruit
Hello dear problem solver,

I played with my charakter quite some time, having a nice story, till today after a battle in which I got knocked out, but not with injuries, my charakter disappeared from the troop list, everything else seems unchanged there.
When I go in the charakter overview my health is and stays at 1/60.
I can walk at the camp, but I can not really do anything else with this extremly low health.

My question is, what can I do that my charakter appears again in the troop overview and heals???

I really would like to continue with my charakter.

System:
I use win 7 (so far i had no problem with other m&b mods) m&b warband 1.167 and the Brytenwalda v1.41.
The problem is only in this savegame, and I do only have this one.
He won´t heal, even with cheats it doesn´t work, (shift H). In the charakter overview it stays on 1 point health. In towns /villages /camps i can walk arround, but no battle, no siege.
I have almost all mod option enabled, also the special wounds, fatigue in battle, all except the first and the gore one.
No change when I disable the mod options.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry for the delay.
This has happened before. I think it has to do with a corrupt
Go to cheats and get the healing horn at the end of the inventory.
Blow it at the start of each battle to restore your health
The horns work differently as one affects the party and one just affects the player.
I built this custom triggered item into the mod a year ago.
GDW

Sorry for asking, but I never heard of this before.

"Go to cheats and get the healing horn (1) at the end of the inventory.(2)"
(1)Where do I find the special horn? Is there somewhere a special cheat program to install? I only know a few cheat shortcuts like strg h /x).
(2) In the inventory? Not my 4 battle equipment storage? I think it is impossible to use items from the inventory, unless one is at the start point where the inventory box stands. (Not always, like on tournaments and sieges, the point where I lost my charakter was before a siege.)

"Blow it at the start of each battle to restore your health"
I can not do battles anymore, because of the low health

"The horns work differently as one affects the party and one just affects the player."
How to decite what is the difference, how to get this horn (maybe is this answered in one of my question above).

I was searchng for the healing horn, but couldn´t find anything so far. May you give me the link please.

It's for BW Reworked.
I have many triggers to create workarounds to BW 1.41 problems in there.
You are describing an old lategame bug that might or might not have to do with the code or just the something intrinsic to Warband and savegame operations.

I'm sorry I don't have time to rebuild this for BW 1.41.
Ask Idibil to do this or have a coder figure it out.
You could copy and paste the healing horn out of item_kinds1 into your item_kinds1,, but I doubt it will work.
Otherwise, will the cheat code for heal

The source code is here:https://github.com/gdwitt/BrytenwaldaRW0829

Hint for all players: If you are playing on a mod without developers and you hit a bug, it will likely be a game-ender.
It's like working with an old Windows98 computer and you get a general failure. Who can help you without spending a huge amount of time and money.
Take advantage of active development mods.

I had this problem. the best I can do is link to another poster who had a similar problem and quote myself. basically I never found a solution to the main character disappearing but using the savegame editor to put my health back to 100 was a fix that could last awhile.  i think it was morgh's

@Muchis

ah i had the same problems on my character.  i was playing gdwitt's submod and you weren't so i guess this is a problem common to main bw

it's good you know when it happened.  i went for a long time before i realized i wasn't in my own party anymore so i couldn't trace it back and just went with it. i wonder if the 2 problems are linked, getting knocked out to permanent low health and being removed from the party screen -- maybe the computer thinks you're dead.
and they must be related also because what are the chances you got the same 2 bugs i had

unfortunately i don't have much helpful information

the main character disappearing, i haven't fixed.  you'll notice your party skill boosts also disappeared as if you aren't a member of the party, so you don't give the bonuses like +2 engineering.  whoever is in the #1 position stays there until death, so it would be best to have a group of soldiers there who won't all be dying soon instead of a companion so that you can still talk to the companion. i had ceawlin there for a long time and could not change his gear.  i think i ended up moving him out of my party with the savegame editor so the people below him in #2 slot (my archers, since i had many and they were a permanent staple of my army) could take up the 1st slot

for the health not regenerating, i tried all kinds of things. the submod has a horn that will heal you and i used it to boost my health to 100% in different places (battle, walking around town, in a siege) and hp would still go back down at the next loading area.

for that problem i got my health to come back by using m&b's savegame editor again.  i uh... it's been some time what did i do... i tinkered with my main char, he's somewhere in there and i think i put his health to 100 in my last save.  that fixed it for awhile.  but sometimes when i got knocked out my health would permanently go down again and i had to use the editor again.  so doing that would keep the glitch at bay for awhile at least.  it had a greater chance of coming back if you got knocked out in battle, seemed like a random chance.  but iirc it happened fewer and fewer like a wound that was healing and it stopped eventually

sorry for being almost completely useless at solving the problem, that's the best i could come up with at the time when i was playing

(1)Where do I find the special horn? Is there somewhere a special cheat program to install? I only know a few cheat shortcuts like strg h /x).

Camp/ Take an Action/ Turn on Cheat Menu
Back in Main Menu, choose CHEAT MENU! > Pick an item and scroll through all the screens until you are near the end. Put the horn in your foot or weapon slot. On battle start, switch to the horn and use it. It will throw like a knife ,but actually recover all your hitpoints.
It only works in mission_templates.

["horn1", "BattleHorn", [("horn",0)], itp_type_thrown |itp_primary|itp_no_pick_up_from_ground, itcf_throw_knife, 145 , weight(1.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(50) | shoot_speed(54) | thrust_damage(3 , cut)|max_ammo(5)|weapon_length(0),imodbits_thrown,
  [(ti_on_weapon_attack, [

(play_sound,"snd_horn2"),(try_for_agents,":agent"),
                              (agent_is_alive,":agent"),
                              (agent_is_human,":agent"),
                              (agent_is_ally,":agent"),
      (store_agent_hit_points,":life",":agent",0),
##      (try_begin),
##      (agent_set_animation, ":troop", "anim_horn_blow"),
###                          (agent_set_animation, ":agent", "anim_cheer"),
##      (try_end),
      (val_add,":life",5),
      (agent_set_hit_points,":agent",":life",0),     
      (agent_play_sound, ":agent", "snd_man_victory"),
      (try_end),         
      (store_add,":recovery",5),
      (assign,reg1,":recovery"),
    #  (display_message,"@Horn rally men! (wounded troops recover 5 hitpoints)",0x6495ed),     
                              ],)]],
The trigger for the player recovery is not here but in scripts, which means you can't port it over to another mod.
You could alter the horn from BW141 to recover you AND y our army to max health by switching the number you see -14?- to 80 or 90.

GDW

max1257 said:
my charakter disappeared from the troop list

download savegame editor (google MnBSAveGameEditor)
edit your save file (keep a backup) by replacing the first troop, on the player party (p_main_party) with ID = 0. Look at the stacks section of parties.
play

I like Kalarhan's solution better.
But few players have the time to figure out the savegame editor.
The horn works.
The origin of the bug is a mystery as are some other things that happen when files get corrupted.

Back
Top Bottom