[BoP: Archives] Balance of Power Alt-1919:

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Tim said:
Belgium would also like a more elaborated on summary of the war in Portugal, and is most specifically interested in the different factions and their goals.

In 1911, we became a republic. Some people, mostly the nobility and the monarch himself, disapproved of the republic and sought to re-establish their rule. They have become known as the Monarchy of the North, outside of Portugal.

In 1917, we joined the Great War on the side of the allied powers after the Germans attacked convoys of ours, ending our neutrality. We sent expeditionary forces to France, who fought with distinction, but were under the command of generals who were sympathetic to the monarchy back home. The generals gained the support of their men over the years of campaigning. When they return home the military began seeking political power once again, and knew they could achieve that power under the rule of a monarch.

In 1919, we had only been a republic for 8 years when the former king had decided to try and reclaim his throne. Supporters of his rule mounted in the North. The Portuguese civil war we are fighting is a struggle to maintain republic in Portugal, and mainly involves the two largest and richest cities of Portugal - Lisboa and Porto - facing down each other on opposite sides.

This is not all alternate history - it breaking out in civil war is alternate history but the rest is fairly close to reality. Where improvisation happens, see Spanish Civil War. >.>

Austupaio said:
Benno Maximus said:
I don't mean to take a side in this argument, but it seems like it would be pretty illogical of Germany to attack Canada and the US considering it's already currently getting gang banged by a number of different major powers. Just saying.
If this were anyone but Odyseuss or Gaham, I'd give this credence.
I can feel the love.

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
Lord Tim said:
Belgium would also like a more elaborated on summary of the war in Portugal, and is most specifically interested in the different factions and their goals.

In 1911, we became a republic. Some people, mostly the nobility and the monarch himself, disapproved of the republic and sought to re-establish their rule. They have become known as the Monarchy of the North, outside of Portugal.

In 1917, we joined the Great War on the side of the allied powers after the Germans attacked convoys of ours, ending our neutrality. We sent expeditionary forces to France, who fought with distinction, but were under the command of generals who were sympathetic to the monarchy back home. The generals gained the support of their men over the years of campaigning. When they return home the military began seeking political power once again, and knew they could achieve that power under the rule of a monarch.

In 1919, we had only been a republic for 8 years when the former king had decided to try and reclaim his throne. Supporters of his rule mounted in the North. The Portuguese civil war we are fighting is a struggle to maintain republic in Portugal, and mainly involves the two largest and richest cities of Portugal - Lisboa and Porto - facing down each other on opposite sides.

This is not all alternate history - it breaking out in civil war is alternate history but the rest is fairly close to reality. Where improvisation happens, see Spanish Civil War. >.>

Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know.

The Soviet Union desires peace!

Our peace offer to the Ethiopian Empire: You get back Ethiopia. All of it. I retain Somalia. I wasn't successful in liberating all of your oppressed people, but I at least got the Somalians. It'll have to do.

Our peace offer to the Germans: The Soviet Union will not intervene unless you hit the Soviet border. Poland MUST survive, even if they are badly damaged.

Our peace offer to the Brits and Commonwealth: I keep what I've taken. Same story as with Ethiopians. I'm not successful in liberating all of your land, but at least I got some.

Eternal said:
It'll have to do.

No, it really won't. I will be willing to forgive and forget your mistake if you withdraw from Somalia and sail back to Russia. No more Africans will be subjected to the oppression of the White man any more and certainly not under a regime such as yours. If you desired peace then you wouldn't have invaded Somalia and started a new war; peace is very easy to achieve, withdraw and go home.

We never were at war but It'll count as a non-aggression pact I suppose.

I can let the Polish survive. However their military will be dismantled and I'll only allow them to keep one province. Perhaps Podlaskie.

Yes, because someone who didn't even make the Top 5 for Army Size or Quality can take on 2 Major Powers and 1 Regional Power.

MaHuD said:
Actually, I think that given the circumstances Germany does stand a chance.
Though, his attitude is pretty **** and unbecoming of a leader.
Well since all I've gotten in reply to my comments has been smileys, they can have a taste of their own behavior.

Austupaio said:
MaHuD said:
Actually, I think that given the circumstances Germany does stand a chance.
In what possible way?
Feel free to play open card and I will tell you what I think will happen.

@Ody,
That is quite untrue, you have been acting this way since the very beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom