Bizarre graphical glitch

Users who are viewing this thread

So, the Byrnie in .620 is working properly, but now another Nord-armor seems to cause trouble: the Mail Hauberk. Like the Byrnie its buggy on distance, and it was causing the flickering-glitch (the color is now mainly silver-grey) to me. Since there was only one wearing it, it was easy to find out.

This issue may also be DirectX related. Try this: uninstall completely your old Ati driver, clean registries, then install the latest driver; after that, refresh the DirectX install (I'd recommend that after each graphic driver update).

I have an ATI GPU (4890) and it performs flawlessly. However, I am aware it has 1Gb of VRam and other/older cards can "choke" on the new textures, so the whole matter may be not driver-related, but only hardware (so the above procedure won't help much). What might help would be adding some more RAM to your system, although I have no idea if M&B uses much RAM for graphic rendering or textures as Oblivion, for instance, does... Speaking of Oblivion, I used to play it also with an Nvidia 8800GTS and didn't have any problems, until I upgraded to the QTP3 texture pack, then I had to update my system. M&B is not a ressource hog as Oblivion is, although it may become, when you will play a battle with 100 units on Warband's updated graphics...

A couple of questions which may help to identify the reported graphic glitch: how many people were on the server at the time when the bug happened? And how many bodies do you have enabled (ie. try reducing the number of those and see if it helps - same for shadows)?

Ahh, I've seen this before (Mesh glitching), not just in mount and blade... Counter Strike, Killing Floor, even Runescape, basically any game that uses visuals have this glitch. This kind of thing just randomly happens, start of game, end of game, whatever. There is really nothing you can do about it. There are likely causes though, old graphics card, unupdated graphics card drivers, not enough RAM... Anyone who plays the games I listed is bound to have seen this kind of thing once or twice (I've personally seen it like a hundred times).

I'm no expert But my old GeForce7800 had this same problem in a lot of games.  What I came to believe after reading tech forums for several hours was that the 7800 series had faulty memory, and that even slightly over heating in the past caused some of those memory chips to fail which caused the random polys to stretch.

Soo, maybe it's damaged video memory? Just a theory.

Nah, dont think so, I have 4 types of graphics cards (4 comps  :grin:) Anyways...

Geforce 7200, constantly has this glitch, a driver update fixed the problem
Geforce 8800 GT, occasionally has this glitch, after maybe 7-10 hrs of gameplay, yet again an update fixed the problem

I dont know about the other 2 but they both get the issue.

Back
Top Bottom