Beowulf Quest [spoilers]

Users who are viewing this thread

For Willi
Go to Tillin castle in Dummonia a talk with a noble there - He will send you in an irish castle to find an Abbot that ask you to kill him. At this  point he send you in Wales town and there  I did not find anyone that wanted speak with me.

Thank you - but now I found my mistake:
I shouldn't use all available chat options ...

I had to restart the quest and now I could talk to that guy in Dumonia  :mrgreen:

Ettore53 said:
For Willi
Go to Tillin castle in Dummonia a talk with a noble there - He will send you in an irish castle to find an Abbot that ask you to kill him. At this  point he send you in Wales town and there  I did not find anyone that wanted speak with me.

the quest is buggy - chose allways the option to kill, then it works.
If you chose the money options the next guy in quest wont speak to you ...

But I'm dissapointed by the sword I got ...

Hey there is no notes in this quest so I have no idea what to do....so  I saw as this Willy here said he went to Dun Eirth, so I went there.....BUT, I am a mercenary - of kingdom of Mierce, so they are my enemy. Does this mean it's impossible to complete this quest since I can't get to the castle there??

Ettore53 said:
For Willi

It's not Tillin castle, it's called Din Tagell.

Could someone post an outline of where you have to go for all steps of the quest?

Like where do you go after you talk to the first guy? Din Erth or Din Tagell? It's been awhile since I talked to the first guy. I'm not allowed in 8/10 castles because of negative honor, so I'm gonna have to conquer alot of places to complete this quest.  :twisted: :evil:

Puritan said:
Could someone post an outline of where you have to go for all steps of the quest?

Like where do you go after you talk to the first guy? Din Erth or Din Tagell? It's been awhile since I talked to the first guy. I'm not allowed in 8/10 castles because of negative honor, so I'm gonna have to conquer alot of places to complete this quest.  :twisted: :evil:

Wouldn't it be possible to just raise your relationship with the lord of the castle until he lets you in?

Well I guess I screwed up.  I got as far as fighting Drythen Eadfrith,  I had to retreat once in battle, he was down to 4 men and I was nearly wiped.  He ran off I chased him and his 3 buddies and knocked him out cold.  But I didn't capture him, there was no loot no nothing and he never said anything. 

At this point I don't know if he said what was important before the battle or if, by not winning right off the bat, I screwed up the dialogue line.  I wasn't really paying attention to him before hand, he said something about drinking beer out of my skull and I just figured 'uh huh, bring it'.  So what's next, restart or did I miss a message ? 

He said he's gonna send your skull to a person, with a specific location.
Cear Segeint
And seriously, the sword is not bad but just doesn't worth the trouble. Mine broke on a goddamn looter.

@Idibil
Hey, would you guys please make it so such special weapons won't break in battles?  :cry:
Otherwise it's rather pointless to have them besides trophies.

steps to complete quest:

go to din eidyn
talk to bard
go to din tagell
talk to guy with green name
go to ard breacain
talk to abbot and pay him
go to caer maunguid
talk to guy with green name and challenge him
defeat him (highest amount of soldiers he had was 48 veteran warriors and himself)
go to caer segeint
talk to bard don't accept the money
in the riddle choose: lot and his family

(all people you need to talk with have green names and are in the lords hall)

if you dont like the sword just edit its stats with this item editor http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=105928.0 it easy  :cool:

Thanks for the pointers ... I've gotten so used to the 'beat person, they tell you what you need' plus the notes section for other type quests that I didn't bother writing things down.

Too bad the sword is not that great, when I saw he had 40 some odd veteran warriors I hauled around the map and hired some mercs in the taverns.  Was a close fight anyway.  Sword's gonna end up costing me a few K in levees.

I turned the weapon breakage off.  I think it's a great idea but it was just too frequent to be fun or even all that realistic.  Early on I snapped a sword I'd saved up for in half when I hit an unarmored bandit in the back, that was kind of it for me.

Vizx said:
Puritan said:

Wouldn't it be possible to just raise your relationship with the lord of the castle until he lets you in?

We're talking like -60 due to extremely low honor. And I'd have to do that for almost every castle probably... easier to just raze and plunder :wink:

Dude what I went to Din Taggel first because it was closer but that just messed everything up :/ this quest should fix it's bugs are go because anyone who doesn't do it just right can't do it at all and that's annoying as ****.

General WVPM said:
steps to complete quest:

go to din eidyn
talk to bard
go to din tagell
talk to guy with green name
go to ard breacain
talk to abbot and pay him
go to caer maunguid
talk to guy with green name and challenge him
defeat him (highest amount of soldiers he had was 48 veteran warriors and himself)
go to caer segeint
talk to bard don't accept the money
in the riddle choose: lot and his family

(all people you need to talk with have green names and are in the lords hall)

if you dont like the sword just edit its stats with this item editor http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=105928.0 it easy  :cool:
cant find caer segeint, any idea where it is? there isnt such a location in my notes

Back
Top Bottom