• Bachelor

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Master

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • PhD

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

You have B.A.s but not B.S.'s. They're actually different things. Bachelor of Arts degrees are generally given more for fields in humanities, while Bachelor of Science degrees are generally given for fields in the maths and sciences which are more technical.

Since I've almost completed my B.S., that's what I would vote for if it were an option.

Orion said:
You have B.A.s but not B.S.'s. They're actually different things. Bachelor of Arts degrees are generally given more for fields in humanities, while Bachelor of Science degrees are generally given for fields in the maths and sciences which are more technical.

Since I've almost completed my B.S., that's what I would vote for if it were an option.

Well, maybe their not comparable, but both lead to a masters degree in their sciences, so I dont see a problem in here.
A sociologist can't explain a mathematical problem with sociological methods, a mathemician can't use his methods on the social field. But both do science... 

A separation in college and university would have been of more importance, but this poll is not a scientific one...  :mrgreen:

African said:
a mathemician can't use his methods on the social field.
:roll:

Right? Sociologists just guess for statistics, and pull models and projections out of their asses. Didn't you know?

Splitting it into undergraduate/graduate would probably be best. Master's are more specialized and thus more diverse than Bachelor's.

Shoot, I got more degrees than a thermometer

285546553_1df2b96b01_o.jpg

Tell me, then, the density of gold, and how someone that thin could manage to maintain an upright posture with that much of it hanging off of his neck, all with such relaxed ease.

Putting them in order of significance is going to lead to dishonesty when the groms arrive

Next thing you know and you'll have Mok voting that he has a Ph.D ( sorry to pick on you, couldn't think of a better example)

Earning my B.S right now, and yeah you're being too vague. Law/Med school?
People are going to lie lol

Divide it and be more specific

Duke88 said:
Putting them in order of significance is going to lead to dishonesty when the groms arrive

Next thing you know and you'll have Mok voting that he has a Ph.D ( sorry to pick on you, couldn't think of a better example)

Earning my B.S right now, and yeah you're being too vague. Law/Med school?
People are going to lie lol

Divide it and be more specific

People shouldn't have to earn BS I think it's something that should be free, there's just so much of it

African said:
My Bachelor of Music degree isn't represented. Doctors and lawyers also have graduate degrees that aren't covered by the poll.

African said:
Change it to undergraduate degree

Also

Wenceslas said:
A sociologist ... do science
There's really no need to " :roll: "... in sociology, some empirical studies can use mathematical methods, but every sociological field study needs all above interpretation.
Orion said:
African said:
Right? Sociologists just guess for statistics, and pull models and projections out of their asses. Didn't you know?

Sorry, I forgot that sociology is mainly "statistics" of... duh... some social things...  :roll:

What's wrong with just Bachelor and Master Degrees?

And, sociogiolists do social science, which is not a perfect science by definition, differently from, say, physics.
And, mathematicians (and more and more often phisicists) apply their methods to the social field. Take economics for instance. With very arguable results. Of course, elegant, still questionable.

Back
Top Bottom