SP Native Avarice (Updated 22 May 2010) new OP, with feature list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hah! Nice hat! The dark maille triangle running down from it is part of the helm, right? I imagine it could look a bit silly with lighter armours and it does so a bit with this nice surcoat too. :smile:

Oh, and: I'm fairly useless but I could give things a try, learning and such.

AW do you have any skills in modding? if not I suggest clicking on m&b, configure and run in edit mode. If you decide to I will write a list of instructions for you :smile:

i am a decent scene maker, i made esgaroth for custom settelements, i could help if uoi need me

Okay, Wait till tomorrow (roughly 12 hrs from now) till Arch3r comes on and we can discuss it. ATM I am the only scenemaker, more is welcome.

Oh! patrols will be awesome !

In fact, when items are divided in "sub items", prices change and give economy more fluctuation. This also give the player something like "Oh! what the hell is this crapy long sword ?" or "OMG! what a good Champion charger !".
:smile:

Jelkala armour looks great. But leather boots which are not looking like leather.

Cyrnoodles said:
Oh! patrols will be awesome !

In fact, when items are divided in "sub items", prices change and give economy more fluctuation. This also give the player something like "Oh! what the hell is this crapy long sword ?" or "OMG! what a good Champion charger !".
:smile:

Jelkala armour looks great. But leather boots which are not looking like leather.

That are my woolen hoses, couldn't find cheap mail boots, ran out of money :grin:. Jelkalans will have long pikes, mail boots, the surcoat, the helmet, mail mittens and a board shield. Also there will still be things like 'Reinforced','Sturdy', 'Spirited' and that kind of upgrades.

Jubal said:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/exilian/forum/44331/

Forum set up.  :smile:
Ok cool :smile:

Ok, I did not remember that was in Native.

Will mini factions get some bonus to avoid annihilation ? I bet a faction with only one castle will be an easy target for other factions.

Promising mod, really.

Cyrnoodles said:
Ok, I did not remember that was in Native.

Will mini factions get some bonus to avoid annihilation ? I bet a faction with only one castle will be an easy target for other factions.

Promising mod, really.

I'll make some of the mini factions that they'll have a constant alliance with a large faction. Large faction will protect the mini faction to gain advantage, with trade or soldier supply. Mini factions will have different troop trees, keeping them alive will give an advantage, because I'll make the recruits change when a settlement is captured. Every mini faction can have it's own advantage, some will have very good units, others will give more profits when trading.

Arch3r said:
Cyrnoodles said:
OK, I did not remember that was in Native.

Promising mod, really.

I'll make some of the mini factions that they'll have a constant alliance with a large faction. Large faction will protect the mini faction to gain advantage, with trade or soldier supply. Mini factions will have different troop trees, keeping them alive will give an advantage, because I'll make the recruits change when a settlement is captured. Every mini faction can have it's own advantage, some will have very good units, others will give more profits when trading.
That sounds good!
So, the player will have to choose from existing factions for his future settlements ? I mean, the player will capture Nords villages, Zrak's ones, etc... will those villages give him Nord/Zrak/Etc factions or only one chosen by the player in early game ? I wondered why, in other mods, when I had annihilated Khergits, those crappy horsemen still remained... . It makes sense that captures villages don't give anymore former faction troop trees, but the player should be allowed to choose, when he has just captured said villages from two options : Keep present culture (bonus to relationship with the village, but the economy will stagnate for a while because surrounding villages and towns owned by the player will have languages issues, or something) or Bring the player culture (bonus to economy, relationship decreased).
I ask the question : will the player can do diplomacy with mini and large factions ?

Oh! spears staved in the ground and covering crossbowmen just look awesome !
Cavalry just look too uniform, it needs more odd armours and/or horses (medieval armies wore more different uniforms).

Keep going, your mod in already a must have !

Cyrnoodles said:
That sounds good!
So, the player will have to choose from existing factions for his future settlements ? I mean, the player will capture Nords villages, Zrak's ones, etc... will those villages give him Nord/Zrak/Etc factions or only one chosen by the player in early game ? I wondered why, in other mods, when I had annihilated Khergits, those crappy horsemen still remained... . It makes sense that captures villages don't give anymore former faction troop trees, but the player should be allowed to choose, when he has just captured said villages from two options : Keep present culture (bonus to relationship with the village, but the economy will stagnate for a while because surrounding villages and towns owned by the player will have languages issues, or something) or Bring the player culture (bonus to economy, relationship decreased).
I ask the question : will the player can do diplomacy with mini and large factions ?

Oh! spears staved in the ground and covering crossbowmen just look awesome !
Cavalry just look too uniform, it needs more odd armours and/or horses (medieval armies wore more different uniforms).

Keep going, your mod in already a must have !

Nope you won't be able too choose because I want to give the player a reason to keep mini-factions alive (Some of the best troop will come from there). Also there won't be too many factors influencing the economy, it's gonna be simple and easier to understand. Having only the most important economy factors. Native got like 10.000 random economy factors, I'm going to have a hard time sorting it out.
The player will be able to start wars and make peace, without those Guild Master and Lord quests. The player starts as a lord of a faction, with one castle and one village. The starting faction can be a mini-faction too, the mini-factions gets more lords when they capture more land. They can grow out from 5 lords to 20 and become a large faction.

To the cavalry: They're all the same type, I'm not giving them more item options. If you want it to look realistic you could recruit more of different types. Also this is certainly not a historically accurate mod in any way.

AvariceoftheExile.jpg

Hey i did a Sig up in photoshop it was originally a knight, but i added some effects and it turned out like this.
Kinda cool i reckon
Use it or not i don't care
And also your mod looks extremely promising.

Hey Vendeta how do you imbed a link into that sig out of curiousity been wondering. Would be better I guess with a picture that has something to do with the mod though.

Vendeta said:
AvariceoftheExile.jpg

Hey i did a Sig up in photoshop it was originally a knight, but i added some effects and it turned out like this.
Kinda cool i reckon
Use it or not i don't care
And also your mod looks extremely promising.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna make some sigs out of in-game screenshots.

Vendeta said:
eragoen said:
Hey Vendeta how do you imbed a link into that sig?
I have no idea, its just a picture it doesn't link to any thing.

Its possible to do a link with [u r l=link to topic or something][i m g]direct link to image[/img][/url]. (without the spaces ofc)

EDIT: Fixed
EDIT2: Eh..it worked, but got all screwed up. Hm
EDIT3: ya this is it

Arch3r said:
Vendeta said:
eragoen said:
Hey Vendeta how do you imbed a link into that sig?
I have no idea, its just a picture it doesn't link to any thing.

Its possible to do a link with [u r l]link to anthing[i m g]direct link to image[/img][/url]. (without the spaces ofc)

EDIT: Fixed
EDIT2: Eh..it worked, but got all screwed up. Hm

Lol it said it linked to my photobucket page but then it didn't  :neutral:
Any way your videos look awesome, particularity like the setting for the quick battle.

Ya, guess i fixed it the third time. At least hope so.
Thanks, it's the same as Skirmish 1, just removed the buildings and made it less hilly. Also added the pavise 'fortification' with spikes.

Back
Top Bottom