SP Native Avarice (Updated 22 May 2010) new OP, with feature list.

Users who are viewing this thread

All in time ;P

I'll work on some scenes soon, we have 2 Zrak ones want me to work on Zrak ones more?

eragoen said:
All in time ;P

I'll work on some scenes soon, we have 2 Zrak ones want me to work on Zrak ones more?

Sure, can you make towns with working doors to the taverns? and village scenes?

Btw, I hope anyone on this forum volunteers to make a map, I could make it, but I'm busy enough with scripting and modelling. If a modeller or mapper would like to make anything for this map it would be much appreciated. If you want to do something else, like scenes/quests/dialogs/texturing/concept art or whatever, your welcome to apply :smile:

look really interesting good luck with your mod.

but i have a question about the zrak,what kind of armor they will use? maybe you can make some warpaintings for them instead of armors,and the warpaintings give them at least some defense.

Masaky said:
look really interesting good luck with your mod.

but i have a question about the zrak,what kind of armor they will use? maybe you can make some warpaintings for them instead of armors,and the warpaintings give them at least some defense.

The Zrak will have barbaric animal hides / hard wool cloth at best, often they just go barechested in their animalistic berzerk. You'll have to ask Arch3r about paints though.

This mod looks great!
Could you make each leadership point increase by 10 the number of the party limit ? And the same thing for prisoner management ? Then the player can capture more prisoners in early game and have a bigger army faster.

I wonder how kingdom's lords detachments will work. Will they be leaded by a captain or just lead theirselves ? Will the player have to put a captain to head his/her detachments ?

About economy, you could add some "caravan tricks" : When the player (or a lord if you can do it) meet an enemy or friend caravan, he/she force the caravan master to poison his supplies (the garrison of the town where they are delivered is wounded, the player lost honour. The player ask the caravan master to hide the player in his supplies, when arriving in an enemy town, the player enter in without fighting with guards....
Trading with caravans should be great too (they would be very strong traders, selling very expensive, buying for the lesser prices).

I read somewhere something very interesting : allow the player to make dry meat from fresh meat + salt.
May be could you give items some usefull attributes : having furs in inventory give a better rest when the party is in snow ; having wheat give some bonus to horses ; having alcohol give bonus point to morale ; having tools make villages/cities/castles improvements faster ; ...

I am a Native Expansion player and don't really remember if "weapons diversity" is in Native or not. I called "weapons diversity" something that give different statistics for the same weapon, I give you an example : You have a short sword that hit for 15 points ; when you loot an enemy party which troops using that sword you can find "broken short sword" with only 10 hit points, "masterclass short sword" with 17 hit points, "lordly short sword" with 19 hit points, etc... . That also works for horses in Native Expansion, and armours. May be could you add something like this. It multiplies the number of items without creating new meshes and textures.

I am so sorry for my poor English, I am French and I am to proud of my mother language to learn English effectively. At least, I can read it.

Cyrnoodles said:
This mod looks great!
Could you make each leadership point increase by 10 the number of the party limit ? And the same thing for prisoner management ? Then the player can capture more prisoners in early game and have a bigger army faster.

I wonder how kingdom's lords detachments will work. Will they be leaded by a captain or just lead theirselves ? Will the player have to put a captain to head his/her detachments ?

About economy, you could add some "caravan tricks" : When the player (or a lord if you can do it) meet an enemy or friend caravan, he/she force the caravan master to poison his supplies (the garrison of the town where they are delivered is wounded, the player lost honour. The player ask the caravan master to hide the player in his supplies, when arriving in an enemy town, the player enter in without fighting with guards....
Trading with caravans should be great too (they would be very strong traders, selling very expensive, buying for the lesser prices).

I read somewhere something very interesting : allow the player to make dry meat from fresh meat + salt.
May be could you give items some usefull attributes : having furs in inventory give a better rest when the party is in snow ; having wheat give some bonus to horses ; having alcohol give bonus point to morale ; having tools make villages/cities/castles improvements faster ; ...

I am a Native Expansion player and don't really remember if "weapons diversity" is in Native or not. I called "weapons diversity" something that give different statistics for the same weapon, I give you an example : You have a short sword that hit for 15 points ; when you loot an enemy party which troops using that sword you can find "broken short sword" with only 10 hit points, "masterclass short sword" with 17 hit points, "lordly short sword" with 19 hit points, etc... . That also works for horses in Native Expansion, and armours. May be could you add something like this. It multiplies the number of items without creating new meshes and textures.

I am so sorry for my poor English, I am French and I am to proud of my mother language to learn English effectively. At least, I can read it.

Your english is ok. There are some good ideas, but since I'm the only scripting and I have enough to implent I'll work on the most important stuff first. And there is a lot of weapon diversity, every troop got his own weapon and horse and armor. There are lots of armors, one for every troop, and all factions have a different troop tree for all their towns and surrounding villages. (Standard troop trees for villages around castles). I already have around 200 new items.

Kingdom detachments will be like lord parties, but if the player spawned them the player can order them. Some orders as example:
-Follow me
-Raid *village*
-Besiege *castle/town* for *attack when ladders done/period of time to cripple economy*
-Defend strategic point (Bridge/Mountain pass)
-Patrol around *settlement*
-Garrison *town/castle*
-Hunt bandits
-Get into enemy territory to attack caravans
probally some more

The lord's detachment will randomly be ordered.
About the poisoning, that will not be implented, there are already enough ways to decrease the number of the garrison. And it's already easy too to get in a town without hiding in caravans (fighting with guards is still very easy). Trading with caravans could do.

Jubal said:
Did you get my PM arch3r?

Yes, I did, PMed back

question, what is up with your title? i know avarice is great, but this doesnt make sense. but the mod looks great

jacob25 said:
question, what is up with your title? i know avarice is great, but this doesnt make sense. but the mod looks great
Ask eragoen, he made it :smile: It's a bit about the factions that want to expand their lands, and revenge their lost lands.

Jubal said:
Out of interest, will you be releasing your ModuleSystem at any point?
Maybe some codes, but not the whole ModuleSystem, unless im no longer gonna work on it

Arch3r said:
jacob25 said:
Ask eragoen, he made it :smile: It's a bit about the factions that want to expand their lands, and revenge their lost lands.

Pfft!

Anyway avarice means greed, basically the Nords pushed out all of the other factions from calradia (hence exiled) and they have already found masses of land, but want more :smile: If you have any other suggestions for names please tell, any are welcome.

vadermath said:
But "Avarice of the Exiled" means that the Exiled are greedy :razz:

He got u there :smile:. Eragoen doesn't seem to remember his own story ^^. In the lore the other factions, the exiled, want to expand their lands. Just look at the last sentence of all faction lore.

AWdeV said:
This sounds very, very interesting. :razz: Is there any way I might be able to help a bit?
Eh, what can u do? Models, scenes? There are a lot to do of both, scening is easy to learn, so u can always do that.

WOOPS lol missed a word I meant to say: Anyway avarice means greed, basically the Nords pushed out all of the other factions from calradia (hence exiled) and the defeated factions have already found masses of land, but want more(hence the greed part of the exiled)

Done Jelkalan armor, comments please.
mb36.jpg

Back
Top Bottom