Assassins Creed IV "Black Flag" Annouced + Official Trailer

Users who are viewing this thread

Radalan said:
“PETA encourages video game companies to create games that celebrate animals – not games that promote hurting and killing them.”
So hunting and killing people is okay but hunting and killing animals isn't?
Well yes, that's PETA in a nutshell for you. They directly fund the ALF, or Animal Liberation Front. Which is basically a terrorist organization that attacks people, burns down research labs and peoples homes, and conducts various other illegal and immoral activities under the guise of promoting animal rights.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Radalan said:
“PETA encourages video game companies to create games that celebrate animals – not games that promote hurting and killing them.”
So hunting and killing people is okay but hunting and killing animals isn't?
Well yes, that's PETA in a nutshell for you. They directly fund the ALF, or Animal Liberation Front. Which is basically a terrorist organization that attacks people, burns down research labs and peoples homes, and conducts various other illegal and immoral activities under the guise of promoting animal rights.
And actually kill animals in their shelters. They are against having animals as pets, so they "liberate" them via euthanasia.

So uh, how did this get onto talking about killing PETA guys. :razz:

I look forward to this, but the camera angle for the ship was a bit weird for me, I'd prefer a top down view, and this way I could use both sides of the ship to fire(I play it on the x360, so I apologize if it's different on PC)

Ringwraith #5 said:
Yeah, I hope they focus on the naval stuff a lot in this one. Make it a free-roaming, Pirates-esque game where you can buy and upgrade ships, trade goods, etc., push the free running elements into the background a bit. Could be great. I doubt they're going to do that, though. We'll see.

I am going to go out on a limb here and figure you never played one of their games before.

He has, and that is an incorrect use of 'going out on a limb' (I think :razz: ).

Kevlar said:
Ringwraith #5 said:
Yeah, I hope they focus on the naval stuff a lot in this one. Make it a free-roaming, Pirates-esque game where you can buy and upgrade ships, trade goods, etc., push the free running elements into the background a bit. Could be great. I doubt they're going to do that, though. We'll see.
I am going to go out on a limb here and figure you never played one of their games before.
I am going to go out on a limb here and figure you completely missed the point.

Verbeek said:
He has, and that is an incorrect use of 'going out on a limb' (I think :razz: )

Google it, I am quite certain it is not.

http://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/go_out_on_a_limb

2. to hazard a guess
I’m going to go out on a limb here. You’re together

Amontadillo said:
I agree, it was fairly obvious that it was just another example of Ringwraith wanting a game completely reimagined.

Though for once I agree with him that the new version would be awesome :razz:

Sid meirs pirates redone would be neat.

Kevlar said:
Verbeek said:
He has, and that is an incorrect use of 'going out on a limb' (I think :razz: )

Google it, I am quite certain it is not.

http://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/go_out_on_a_limb

2. to hazard a guess
I’m going to go out on a limb here. You’re together
I find it very interesting that you would recommend googling and then cite the fourth result down the list, a wiki, rather than the first one, a Cambridge dictionary.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/go+out+on+a+limb said:
you state an opinion or you do something which is very different to most other people
Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006. Reproduced with permission.

Could that possibly be because the real source doesn't agree with you?

No it didn't. It's a permanently simmering pot of "fed up with ringwraiths whiny bull****". Occassionally it boils over.

Moreover, the only use of "going out on a limb" I have ever seen is with the meaning kevlar used and provided.

Amontadillo said:
Provide a definition of "the real source". Because frankly that's bull****.
A real source is one that is authoritative, which in this case would be a dictionary published by the Oxford Cambridge (derp) University. It's pretty hard to do better than that, it's a guarantee of good scholarship, integrity, and reliability of the information. As opposed to a ****ty source, such as one that anyone can edit to say whatever they want. The wikitionary entry lists no sources for its information, so for all you know it's just some random dude's opinion. It's ****ty even by wiki standards, since AFAIK providing real sources is a standard wiki policy. Citing such an entry carries no more weight than just saying "it is so because I think so". It's exactly the same thing, some dude's opinion. Not good enough.

I'm not saying that the phrase cannot have more than one meaning, but honestly, it feels like you are.
I wouldn't know, that's why I'm deferring to a real source.

Kevlar said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume your trolling.
Just trying to help you out. It was your choice to support your position by citing a source, not mine. Unfortunately you picked a ****ty one and ignored the fact that a good one contradicted your position. I'm merely trying to help you understand the difference between good sources and bad sources so that you can avoid making such mistakes in the future and make valid points.

Back
Top Bottom