[Art Gallery] - Screenshots & Movies & Artwork

Users who are viewing this thread

Is exactly that Saladin i am talking about.  :smile: (damn, man, you scared and made me look trough the internet if Saladin was a title or something...)
The military code of conduct that he created basically made his armies the most humanitarian army of the time (way more than the european ones, as you know). Under harsh penalties, the soldiers were not allowed to: kill woman and children, loot from the poor, steal cattle, destroy wells, kill priests (even christian ones), and other things.
He built academies, hospitals and other public facilities on EVERY city he conquered, even the least important ones. The guy was a fair ruler on the very sense of the word. Of course, he was a conqueror too, but... since he captured many cities under european rule... why not say he was also a liberator:lol:

Anyway, if you feel curious about him, check information on a trustyworth site. However, i guarantee: he was a great man.

Just forget my question  :smile:! I thought you said Saladin was the second Sultan of the Ottoman Empire.

Yes you are right! Saladin is one of the greatest generals in history. Far better than European generals of that time and was blessed by Allah/God Himself!

Did u know that Salah-ed-Edin (or something like that) wasn't his actual name, but a title? It meant something like "Defender of the Faith", I believe. His real name was Yusuf.
And what is the European version of Yusuf? :wink:

(GODAMMIT, WAS A TITLE!)

Ahn... don't know, but Yasuf have a vaguely, strange similarity to the latin pronounce of "Jesus". You know, as Baphomet is a corrupted pronounce of Muhammad (theoretically, and it's specially true in portuguese, since his name would sound something like "Ma-oh-meh"), and Satan is of "Shaitan" (or something like that in arabian, that means "enemy").

What is the european version of Yasuf? And there were any european known general that could be compared to Saladin in his standards?

Captured Joe said:
Joe.

^ Feels kinda... lonely. You know, this would be a nice romantic spot I believe...?
You stole my hat, and my uniform!
Lieutenant Kejllburg demands it back!

This is a screenshot I took while defending my village.It looked better in-game,but anyway,here it is.

I call it:  The Man of War.

4k7k7t.jpg

I can almost, in my mind, see that statue magically gaining life by the blood and prayers of that villagers and, while his cold stony index point to the glaring stars, as he showing a omen from the elder gods, he do pelvic thrusts on the percussion of the firing muskets, inspiring every man to fight to death with his sexiness and swag. Presley style.

THAT or mom's right, i need more sleep. Caffeinum is a hell of a drug...

Hey,

I was just passing by this thread, I ain't even play on the first M&B but anyway, I noticed you modders need some artworks ?

I got a few of mine (I post them on a Total War Center Art thread as "Manu_La_Canette". Here's an Austrian musketeer (uniform of 1805). The rest of my drawings and colorization are 18th century based for now, but if you are interested I can produce some more. Just ask. I would be honored if anyone use them in his mod.

See ye.

austrianprivate.jpg

Back
Top Bottom