ARMA II

Users who are viewing this thread

Just keep your heads down and you'll be fine. An African Manchester United fan can snipe you from 500 meters with an AK, so every move you make has to be considered carefully.

Here are the mods I recommend using. They're all here.

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2
Group Link 4
Zeus Combat AI for ACE2
SLX (Haven't installed this one yet, but we should use the PBOs the guide recommends, not the optional files)
Mando Missiles
JTD Fire & Smoke
WarFX Particles
Night Lighting Effects
VFTCAS - Terrain Collision Avoidance System
And maybe STHUD - ShackTac Fireteam HUD

Okay, I'll download those over the next couple days. And I'll try mousewheel, but it didn't work the first time, even when the icon in the middle of my HUD changed from the name of the default (and only) command to an asterisk.

And yes, Kronic, I'd be up for that. Add me on Steam, it's the same name as my forum profile. We can coordinate through that.

If I understand what you're asking, I just checked "AddOns" under "ArmA II" under "Bohemia Interactive" and there are data files in there. But I haven't added anything and the game installed straight from Impulse and then updated to 1.05, and all of this was done only two days ago, so what is in there is most likely needed.

Arrowhead is the better of the two, but if you get both, you get more content.

Lyze said:
If I understand what you're asking, I just checked "AddOns" under "ArmA II" under "Bohemia Interactive" and there are data files in there. But I haven't added anything and the game installed straight from Impulse and then updated to 1.05, and all of this was done only two days ago, so what is in there is most likely needed.

EDIT: I can't really recommed WarFX. It looks good, but it's resource intensive and looks a bit awkward when there's more particles than it can handle.

Well lads, we have a British Armed Forces DLC coming up it seems. Naturally, this will completely unbalance the game and remove all challenge as the British are so innately superior in every way. Still, I feel it's something the game has been needing for a while, even if some mods did a damn good job of it.

Shame it's Op Arrowhead.

*Glares* Project Reality is actually doing a mod including the British which, although ****ty to begin with, will eventually come close to BI's interpretation of the British army and will include Chinese, Canadians, Israelis, etc.

P.S I know how bad I sound promoting someone's mod in my own thread but BI will charge you for the British Forces download while PR won't which seems like a major plus for players like me.

Well, it sounds utterly epic, except it's quite boring crawling through a kilometer or two of bush, then getting nailed by some nard with an AK.
Maybe I should start using the editor and make more exciting battles or something?

LittleJP said:
Well, it sounds utterly epic, except it's quite boring crawling through a kilometer or two of bush, then getting nailed by some nard with an AK.
Maybe I should start using the editor and make more exciting battles or something?

we should make some maps in editor (combat and stuff)

post some details and features about our map and let others play (in taleworld i mean) In the first post there are links to our maps and a link to post number.

LittleJP said:

I released a mission recently for Arma2 (I also have it in OA flavor but its Chernarus).

Its a large city battle. Download the mission A New War and let me know what you think if you have time. Plenty of voice acting, I managed to get some Russian voice actors for authenticity, I also added my voice to Mikhail:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=90628

Back
Top Bottom