ARMA II

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Is there a weather change? e.g. rain, fog, windy?
2. Is it free-roam?
3. Can you go around and just kill and camp?

Well, Mount & Blade fits that list a little bit better than ArmA. ArmA's got the weather, it's got the free roam, and it's got the wandering around & killing (mission permitting). Like I said earlier, why don't you just download the free demo from Steam or someplace? It will give you enough experience with the game to tell you whether or not you'll enjoy it.

I don't get the lighting system at night.

Here's a tank illuminated by a spotlight. Apart from the weird shadow on the ground, it looks just fine.
arma22010070420162613.jpg

Here's another tank, this time illuminated by a campfire. Once again, the light does what it's supposed to do to the tank.
arma22010070420164537.jpg

And then there's this. A tank illuminated by a burning tank. All shadows have escaped the area, resulting in something that is very much ****.
arma22010070420165440.jpg

Why doesn't the third one cast proper shadows?

Ljas said:
MISHO said:
3. Can you go around and just kill and camp?
ARMA 2 is an infantry simulator. Can you "just kill and camp" as a real life soldier?
Can you rape as a real life soldier? Yes.
Can you do it in the game? No.

Well I guess with modding you could, look what happened to fall out 3... plagued by pimp mods

jasonxfri13th said:
Can you rape as a real life soldier? Yes.
Can you do it in the game? No.

Well I guess with modding you could, look what happened to fall out 3... plagued by pimp mods
Lest we forget the legion of anime crap mods.

Group Link 4 is one I've been using in just about every custom mission I make, especially the AI talk module. There's nothing like the entire squad screaming in unison when a tank opens fire at them.
It also improves the AI so vastly that I'd say it's essential.

Well, seeing as I suck right now I could really do with a couple of solo ones, but afterwards I was hoping to try to arrange 4-6 players from TW if possible for some co-op shenanigans.

I'm completely up for it once I can learn the controls. It's asking me to do things in the tutorial using the "Action Menu" but it hasn't told me how to access the Action Menu nor does the Control Options Menu indicate which ****ing button it is. It's ridiculous. I hate games that automatically assume you know the controls and then won't tell you at all what the **** they are. If anyone know, I would much appreciate it, since I don't like rage-quitting a game in tutorial.

Also, the firing range is broken. I'd start the test to see how many targets I could shoot, and I would immediately fail, for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom