SP Native Arena Expansion Mod (v1.3, for M&B v0.704)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ye, thought of that too,

yellow=> sun like (i know a good 1)
red=> flames
blue=> maybe something with fish :razz: ?
blue=> a leaf, but another 1 then this:

:lol: :razz:

Thumbs up on the ideas for the team sigils.

On the armor, the seams look a bit bright, almost like neon... maybe have them darker and dull green, and have bands of color or other such decorations in places? Could you make the new leaf a bit brighter to make it more prominent, and makbe move it up higher on the chest? Some dings and rough areas would be good; since it's arena armour, it sees a lot of blunt blows and constant damage done to it.
Just being nitpicky and offering feedback, feel free to do it as you want. :smile:

ye ofcourse but ill do my best, the 2nd pic was edited a bit more, i tried some air brushing and darkening and stuff to see if it looked good, thats why theres a bit of neon-like glow on it :wink:

I dont know if ill put it higher itll have a conflict with the shoulder plates but ill look into it

hmm...could.. ill just look what looks good and what dont..fk around a bit and im sure something useble will come out :smile: :razz:

Hmm, that sucks. There are plenty of free hex editors available though, why not just use another one?
HHD Hex Editor and HT Editor are two I know off the top of my head.

The scripts are coming along, I'll send you a link to update your version after I test the latest changes.
I'm going to be testing out a jousting setup next, and have a few ideas on how to make it more viable, such as resetting both people after each pass until one is unhorsed. Not sure if they'll work the way I need though (actually I'm a bit dubious), but we'll see.

Taurandhir, had any time to work on the new 4-team arena yet?

The new version is great and I had a lot of fun playing the 4 team battle.

I've almost finished the first arena you asked me to do, the only thing I haven't finished is optimising the entry points' positions.

Sounds good. Don't worry too much about the entry points just yet, as I've changed the troops around a bit. There were 2 lancers per team, but I took one out and replaced with a second archer.

I'll send you a PM shortly with an update download which has all the changes I've been working on in place. I'll leave out the 4-team arena SCO so as not to overwrite the one you're working on. I've got another couple of requests for arena scenes which I'll PM you.

I've found a bug in the new version - sometimes the game crashes without displaying an error, when you choose the "I want to join the fight" option.
I think it happens after loosing three consecutive times the 4 teams match, but I'm not sure.

That sounds like the generic dialog crash present in .710 and .711. I've had it CTD with no error a few times in the middle of random dialog with other people in the vanilla game. If you run M&B again and go through the same dialog, no crash.

If it crashes with an error message displayed, it's more likely to be a problem with the mod.

Could you go ahead and send me your edited file for the 4-team arena so I can play around with it a bit? It's scn_arena_four_team_1.sco.

EDIT: still, I'll test out that situation to see if I can reproduce the crash.

OK, I'm sending it to your e-mail right now. And I've fixed the fortified arena, but I don't know which is it's SCO file.
Have you made any progress with the jousting?

The fortified arena is scn_arena_zendar_2.sco.

I haven't been back at the mission script for the jousting just yet, so I'm still not sure if some of my ideas are possible.
I have lowered the armor rating of the jousting plate though, as the couched lance hits didn't seem to be as effective as they should.

Any chance to get a working version for 7.11?
It's not working atm, get an error message when you try and load the mod.

If you're desperate, PM me and I'll send you a link for the current working version of it. It's still being tinkered with for the next release this week though, and is thus a work in progress.
If I can get those new retextured armors from thadivine, that will be the biggest thing needed for the release. I'm still tweaking a few things though, and testing out ways of possibly implementing jousting matches.

Thadivine, in case you're checking the boards but not your PMs, please check for my PM. I'd really like to get those textures by tomorrow, and haven't heard of any progress in some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom