Announcement! The next version - Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this "DLC"(as you stated you did a work over on the engine) use 4 cores or still just 1? :smile:

Admiral said:
A small challenge.. Its ok, keep your new, super duper perfect and shiny DLC.. but keep MM mod where it was. I'm wondering, how many people will buy your product...
Also, as stated before, that list of features has nothing(literally) innovative. 80 units? 80 units that look exactly alike, or you got more ambitious, and every have a tassel on other side of his cap? That would be breathtaking... :roll:
Even in MM mod almost every unit was the same in means of gameplay except for different uniforms. Did you work on that?

Well, you're talking about napoleonic era, all armies were dressed in national uniformes for like  100 years already. Do you believe we should've invented our own completely different uniformes to every single unit only to ensure they do not look the same? I don't think we should've done that. We did add as much rank and regimental distinctions as we could in terms of accuracy, but not more than that.

*face palm*

If anything they wear regimental uniforms ... this is the 1800's radio communications and distinguishing unit from unit is near impossible if they all look the same, every regiment had a different uniform ... it was most definatly not nationlised, maybe the same colour scheme but thats like saying the current modern military uniforms are continentalised.

You've played the mod right? have you seen how many regiments have looked and made their own models for their unit ... and how many actually want a model for their unit ... of course it will happen, modders and texturers will make their own unit textures.

I'm still waiting on the price tag before I decide to pay it or not.

Bite Me said:
Read this post. You know nothing, Jon Snow.
Bite Me said:
Features
• Accurate early 19th century weapons, uniforms and environments Been done, but in no where near as much detail. "220" units. Each customized.Each looking almost the same?
• Massive multiplayer battles with up to 250 players Not been done. It is epic.Its up to us to say, whether something is epic, or not.
• 5 nations with more than 220 unique units to choose from 5 fully realised nations, complete with professional standards of voice acting.Voice acting, good. 220 units? you repeat yourself...
• A wide range of artillery pieces ranging from field cannons to mortars, capable of firing a variety of missiles such as canister, explosive shells and even rockets - all fully controllable by players Artillery, been done. Artillery like this? Never before, including aiming reticule, loading mechanism's, recoil on cannons, effects, I could go on.Still nothing new. various ammunition? Deluge has it for quite a while already...
• Finely crafted game balance insuring player skill is the hero of the battlefield, not the gun or the sword The mod helped them on this, the balance is near perfect.So you say, and I bet, that after 10 patches you'll regret those words...
• Construct barricades, dig trenches, and rig explosives with the multi-purpose Engineer class This system is the best I have ever seen, the explosives are my favourite, sappers really help! Digging trenches is also very cool.Still nothing new, again, The Deluge has it.
• Special musician units with drums, fifes, bagpipes or trumpets, able to play historically accurate tunes; all recorded and played by award winning musicians Its safe to say this hasn't been done before.yes. But yet still, it's not too much of a deal. Listen to... The Deluge soundtrack, Can you beat that?
• Lead squads of soldiers against each other in the new commander battle mode For those players who like fiddling with AI, and even for those wanting huge battles, this new mode took me by surprise at how epic it is. yes this I also count as new. squad of soldiers? you mean bots, or players?First option, nothing new. Second, how is it supposed to work?
• More than 40 classical background music tracks And they sound incredibleAgain, so you say...

Myadditions:
> New customisations for your characters, including glasses, monocles and smoking pipes Nothing new
> New in-game moving flora bringing the world to life Nothing new.....
> New in-game professionally recorded sounds, for instance coastal waves, birds, insects. It gives an impressive aura and adds more beauty. Not sure about this one but its a detail... if you notice it, it probably means that mod is boring...
> New combat mechanics, including overhead stabbing, changes and improves gameplay It's new like 1 year old sandwich...
> New and improved UI including details of equipment load outs.
> New destructibility, huge array of destructible props not just limited to buildings, the beautifully crafted and pilot-able longboat is another example Boats - old. Destruction, possibly cool, not sure if new
> New array of impressive and finely crafted scenes bya large community of helpers as well as the developers.
> New and improved admin options, including more tweaks in gameplay and class limits Nothing new....

I could go on!

I could go on!

lolSid said:
Will this "DLC"(as you stated you did a work over on the engine) use 4 cores or still just 1? :smile:

We tried to make the game perform better than MM Russia.

It will atleast perform as good as russia, if not, it will perform even better.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Kator Viridian said:
Im thinking something like 5$ would be pretty decent for a DLC this size. But Im afraid it might go to somewhere like 10$.

I would even pay 20$, knowing how much work is behind this project. And even then, it is still to cheap.
Do not buy it if you do not want. easy thing

And everyone who did not play yet, better be quiet if you know nothing. This will be amazing!

KuroiNekouPL said:
Bite Me said:
Bite Me said:
Features
• Accurate early 19th century weapons, uniforms and environments Been done, but in no where near as much detail. "220" units. Each customized.Each looking almost the same?
• Massive multiplayer battles with up to 250 players Not been done. It is epic.Its up to us to say, whether something is epic, or not.
• 5 nations with more than 220 unique units to choose from 5 fully realised nations, complete with professional standards of voice acting.Voice acting, good. 220 units? you repeat yourself...
• A wide range of artillery pieces ranging from field cannons to mortars, capable of firing a variety of missiles such as canister, explosive shells and even rockets - all fully controllable by players Artillery, been done. Artillery like this? Never before, including aiming reticule, loading mechanism's, recoil on cannons, effects, I could go on.Still nothing new. various ammunition? Deluge has it for quite a while already...
• Finely crafted game balance insuring player skill is the hero of the battlefield, not the gun or the sword The mod helped them on this, the balance is near perfect.So you say, and I bet, that after 10 patches you'll regret those words...
• Construct barricades, dig trenches, and rig explosives with the multi-purpose Engineer class This system is the best I have ever seen, the explosives are my favourite, sappers really help! Digging trenches is also very cool.Still nothing new, again, The Deluge has it.
• Special musician units with drums, fifes, bagpipes or trumpets, able to play historically accurate tunes; all recorded and played by award winning musicians Its safe to say this hasn't been done before.yes. But yet still, it's not too much of a deal. Listen to... The Deluge soundtrack, Can you beat that?
• Lead squads of soldiers against each other in the new commander battle mode For those players who like fiddling with AI, and even for those wanting huge battles, this new mode took me by surprise at how epic it is. yes this I also count as new. squad of soldiers? you mean bots, or players?First option, nothing new. Second, how is it supposed to work?
• More than 40 classical background music tracks And they sound incredibleAgain, so you say...

Myadditions:
> New customisations for your characters, including glasses, monocles and smoking pipes Nothing new
> New in-game professionally recorded sounds, for instance coastal waves, birds, insects. It gives an impressive aura and adds more beauty. Not sure about this one but its a detail... if you notice it, it probably means that mod is boring...
> New combat mechanics, including overhead stabbing, changes and improves gameplay It's new like 1 year old sandwich...
> New destructibility, huge array of destructible props not just limited to buildings, the beautifully crafted and pilot-able longboat is another example Boats - old. Destruction, possibly cool, not sure if new
> New array of impressive and finely crafted scenes bya large community of helpers as well as the developers.
> New and improved admin options, including more tweaks in gameplay and class limits Nothing new....

I could go on!

I could go on!
17469919.jpg

Admiral said:
A small challenge.. Its ok, keep your new, super duper perfect and shiny DLC.. but keep MM mod where it was. I'm wondering, how many people will buy your product...
Also, as stated before, that list of features has nothing(literally) innovative. 80 units? 80 units that look exactly alike, or you got more ambitious, and every have a tassel on other side of his cap? That would be breathtaking... :roll:
Even in MM mod almost every unit was the same in means of gameplay except for different uniforms. Did you work on that?

Well, you're talking about napoleonic era, all armies were dressed in national uniformes for like  100 years already. Do you believe we should've invented our own completely different uniformes to every single unit only to ensure they do not look the same? I don't think we should've done that. We did add as much rank and regimental distinctions as we could in terms of accuracy, but not more than that.

I’m not sure what he’s on about mate, all the uniforms are historically accurate and distinguishable from one another. I can honestly say that all the uniforms in NW are simply amazing, Warband has never seen such quality before.

lord_olafson said:
lolSid said:

We tried to make the game perform better than MM Russia.

It will atleast perform as good as russia, if not, it will perform even better.

Ok,

As when I read the "250 odd players in a server!" I had visions of 10 second stabs and people pulling of "Neo's" (lag festival, etc) has this been "fixed" (I will buy the DLC regardless as I don't attend such events - they are to laggy and in my eyes they are only fun for the one leading).

lFortune said:
KuroiNekouPL said:
Bite Me said:
Bite Me said:
Features

Myadditions:

I could go on!

I could go on!
17469919.jpg

+1

lord_olafson said:
Even 10$ would be totally fine. We added so much new things...
And its not like that it didnt cost anything. We bought over 40 real orchestral music tracks, made tons of new sounds, made lots and lots of new voice commands, had to pay the voice actors, and also had to live ourself...
Don't most people play MM with the music off so they can hear the commands and Teamspeak better? Still though, that music will be going straight into my playlists and music folders.

Hopefully it won't cost more than Warband does (A lot of people buy it on sale for $7.49).

Comrade Temuzu said:
Kator Viridian said:
Im thinking something like 5$ would be pretty decent for a DLC this size. But Im afraid it might go to somewhere like 10$.

Tbh as I said in a thread that got deleted, £5-£8 reasonable (otherwise i'll just buy gettysburg instead for a whole new style and gameplay and multiplayer fun), anything at around £10 and i'm out personally. Been waiting a loooooooooong time now and for a DLC that I have to pay for ... tbh i'm getting more and more tempted in picking up my old cossacks game.

Mupf aka Miwiw said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
Kator Viridian said:

I would even pay 20$, knowing how much work is behind this project. And even then, it is still to cheap.
Do not buy it if you do not want. easy thing

And everyone who did not play yet, better be quiet if you know nothing. This will be amazing!

Yeh but how much will you pay for Warhammer or way to expiation ... I can tell you now, i'll be paying nout :wink:

I'd suggest looking at DLC for other games, they usually add a whole new game in itself for like £5 or less.

Usually pretty good at judging a game from its video, if it dosn't grab me there ... it most definatly won't grab me in the game itself.

Also if I don't want this DLC then I won't buy it, no loss just more time into practising native for clan matches :wink:

KuroiNekouPL said:
Bite Me said:
Bite Me said:
Features

Myadditions:

I could go on!

I could go on!

Is it a Deluge vs Mount & Musket competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom