Announcement! The next version - Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincenzo said:
We will support it as good as we can naturally and please don't see us as Sich studio's. We actually have love for our work.
So let me ask, when you release this, will you keep on updating it, and will there be anything 'big' or will it just be minor bug fixes?

Vincenzo said:
If you wonder why you have to pay for a "mod", all of us four have dedicated more then a year of constant development and I have to eat as well.
I do think most people understand, its only fair.

Quote from Eiríkr Rauði.
Gotta say; the 'features' list shows nothing innovative beyond the walking musicians. The Deluge, in particular, has accomplished and integrated all of those features for free, likewise with Vikingr when it comes to the morale bonus. I am struggling to notice any real improvement in textures - still looks like MM to my eyes, granted 1080p probably isn't a high enough resolution. It's a weak 'feature' list that boasts nothing new or spectacular. DocM's work in L'Aigle seems to be superior for texturing and models, also - and he is a one man show.

It comes down to popularity, essentially. MM has long been at the forefront of the MP mods; it sits in a period of history that is popular with a lot of people around the world. I would never begrudge them for that... What I do begrudge is that TaleWorlds have been silent for well over a year, have given Native little to nil effort and instead have been buffering their bank accounts by helping out a popular mod to become their latest cash-cow. 

Unfortunately, the vast majority of players whom play MM seem to be under the illusion that no other mod exists, Vince is God and so on, so forth and will undoubtably empty their wallets for this DLC. Well, when you put a tasty carrot on a stick and hang it before the donkey...

Must be some of that amazing new texturing, right?]
Clipboard01-1.jpg

Was wondering when you would put a post like this up, always mister negative. By the by, uploading a clearly terrible resolution picture and claiming bad textures is just childish.

Shall we go through the feature list? yes, I believe that is necessary and could help!:

Features
• Accurate early 19th century weapons, uniforms and environments Been done, but in no where near as much detail. "220" units. Each customized.
• Massive multiplayer battles with up to 250 players Not been done. It is epic.
• 5 nations with more than 220 unique units to choose from 5 fully realised nations, complete with professional standards of voice acting.
• A wide range of artillery pieces ranging from field cannons to mortars, capable of firing a variety of missiles such as canister, explosive shells and even rockets - all fully controllable by players Artillery, been done. Artillery like this? Never before, including aiming reticule, loading mechanism's, recoil on cannons, effects, I could go on.
• Finely crafted game balance insuring player skill is the hero of the battlefield, not the gun or the sword The mod helped them on this, the balance is near perfect.
• Construct barricades, dig trenches, and rig explosives with the multi-purpose Engineer class This system is the best I have ever seen, the explosives are my favourite, sappers really help! Digging trenches is also very cool.
• Special musician units with drums, fifes, bagpipes or trumpets, able to play historically accurate tunes; all recorded and played by award winning musicians Its safe to say this hasn't been done before.
• Lead squads of soldiers against each other in the new commander battle mode For those players who like fiddling with AI, and even for those wanting huge battles, this new mode took me by surprise at how epic it is. yes this I also count as new.
• More than 40 classical background music tracks And they sound incredible

Myadditions:
> New customisations for your characters, including glasses, monocles and smoking pipes
> New in-game moving flora bringing the world to life
> New in-game professionally recorded sounds, for instance coastal waves, birds, insects. It gives an impressive aura and adds more beauty.
> New combat mechanics, including overhead stabbing, changes and improves gameplay
> New and improved UI including details of equipment load outs.
> New destructibility, huge array of destructible props not just limited to buildings, the beautifully crafted and pilot-able longboat is another example
> New array of impressive and finely crafted scenes bya large community of helpers as well as the developers.
> New and improved admin options, including more tweaks in gameplay and class limits

I could go on!

lolSid said:
If Crackman is true, this will favour the duelist and not the spammers (or spinners going to be nerfed?) if so, that is "win" for me :smile:

it is oldo the overhead is kinda weird you can actually miss that oldo the stab goes in the head kinda wierd haha

If you wonder why you have to pay for a "mod", all of us four have dedicated more then a year of constant development and I have to eat as well.
The price and release date are not set yet, but it will not be much, certainly a lot less then WFAS at release..

Don't get me wrong, it looks like awesome work and I am looking forward to it, but I am concerned about how it might affect attracting new players to the mod/DLC/community/whatever the this is. And I'm sure there are fears of a split community (no idea if that will happen or not).

Although we have convinced a lot of people to buy Warband just for MM already.

Oooooh I am going to have fuuuuuuuuun...

I was just talking about making the Royal Rocket Artillery of the British army..

O.O

I can't comprehend this right now, I will be back after I pick up the rest of the pieces of my brain splattered all over my room.

Bite Me said:
Stuff goes here

Great work on pulling my post from another part of the forum, nabcake!  :eek: The image was taken from a 1080p shot of Youtube, make of it what you will...

I shall be purchasing this, BiteMe, without a doubt. Don't believe me to be constantly negative about everything, I just like to nitpick and play the devil...It's an interesting move on TaleWorld's part also.  :smile:

Sir Prince said:
The price and release date are not set yet, but it will not be much, certainly a lot less then WFAS at release..

Don't get me wrong, it looks like awesome work and I am looking forward to it, but I am concerned about how it might affect attracting new players to the mod/DLC/community/whatever the this is.

I think MM (or whatever we have to call it now) will only get more new players, due to people who have never gone to the forums etc. Eitherway, I'm more then willing to to pay for this extrodinary game. And we don't want vince to starve, do we now?  :wink:

I think MM (or whatever we have to call it now) will only get more new players, due to people who have never gone to the forums etc. Eitherway, I'm more then willing to to pay for this extrodinary game. And we don't want vince to starve, do we now?  :wink:
+1

Hey guys, what's going to happen to all the regiments? Will they be remade completely, transported, disallowed, gone? Answers please :/ if you have any

Congratulations! Looks fantastic! I'm curious if there will be a special section on the Taleworlds forum for this development as WFAS? This game shouldn't stay under the mod section anymore.

smurfkidharley said:
Hey guys, what's going to happen to all the regiments? Will they be remade completely, transported, disallowed, gone? Answers please :/ if you have any

http://www.flyingsquirrelent.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

MrEdgarr said:
Now to play it we have to pay for it??how terific...

Im happy that it will now be pay DLC rather than free. This should help increase the size of the community as it will be on steam and it also suggests that if its pay DLC it will be top notch stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom