An Announcement on the Mod's status and development

Users who are viewing this thread

Auldman

Knight at Arms
Development on ToTSK ceased in May and no further work has been done or is planned. If that changes you'll hear about it. However at this time there are no plans to resume work on the mod nor is there likely to be any.

I'd like to thank all those who supported the mod and wished it success and who may have contributed to it at one time or another. I am very sorry that we never really got further than an alpha but that's just how some things go sometimes. The team has my gratitude for all that they did over the space of the last year and a half and they also have my best wishes for whatever projects they continue with in the future. I have nothing to say about what I will do at this time. I suspect I will just enjoy the peace.

Thanks for everything!  :grin:

Sad to hear but suppose it's fair enough :sad:
While i am here i may ask you about requirements?
I have 4gb of ram, 2ghz processor and a intel core 2 duo cpu, could i run this mod?

You'll probably need more RAM, and as for the other two, I have no idea how they relate to anything, i'm not brilliant with computers.

That being said, I'll commit a few minor fixes to the SVN to make the mod more polished and balanced in the coming days/weeks.

willarchard said:
I have 4gb of ram, 2ghz processor and a intel core 2 duo cpu, could i run this mod?
You should be able to run fine. put load textures on demand tho.

3v6wxl.jpg

I am very sorry that the mod will be no more. It was said that the development would continue from mid September... I really enjoy the mod and I thought that I would be playing it at least untill the Beta for "Caribbean!" arrives which I am waiting more than 8 months...
Would someone tell me what's the name and artist of the track called fight_1_imperiale?
Good luck to all the dev, I hope to see you in other mods too, and thank you DrTomas for the upcoming balancing.

DrTomas said:
That being said, I'll commit a few minor fixes to the SVN to make the mod more polished and balanced in the coming days/weeks.

willarchard said:
You should be able to run fine. put load textures on demand tho.

That would be welcomed and then maybe I'll put up a final ModDB download when that's done. Thank you for all your efforts DrTomas.  :smile:

Just got started with this mod and sad to learn the decision to halt development.
Beautiful to look at and difficult to imagine all the hard work that went into its construction.
Palpably different than other mods.
I could feel the frustration and terror of the musketeer trying to reload the damned thing with the enemy bearing down on him.

Thanks again

Too sad that development was stopped, really.

Just wanted to once again express my gratitude for your work and tell the world how awesome this contraption indeed is!  :wink:

Radetzky said:
Unless you set battlesizer way too high, 4GB should be enough. It of course depends if you want to sacrifice graphics for more soldiers in field and vice versa.

I got a Dual Core E5200 @2,5 GHz with 2GB of RAM, I run it fullHD at battlesizer increaser to 500 troops, my VGA is ATI Radeon HD 4600-series @1GB, and I can run it without lags.

Agovic said:
Radetzky said:
Unless you set battlesizer way too high, 4GB should be enough. It of course depends if you want to sacrifice graphics for more soldiers in field and vice versa.

I got a Dual Core E5200 @2,5 GHz with 2GB of RAM, I run it fullHD at battlesizer increaser to 500 troops, my VGA is ATI Radeon HD 4600-series @1GB, and I can run it without lags.

NOOOO. I'm seeing you everywhere. GET BACK FOUL BEAST.

Thank you very much tom ,poomtang, gabby, Michel and all team ,
I'm really cannot helping in modding because of have not free time anymore :sad: , even I cannot making or continue my own mod too :sad:
but I still play this great mod :grin:

Been looking for something like this for warband, there was a almost similar mod for mount and blade, that was pretty amazing so to find this I'm happy.

Auldman you should really reconsider this mod, I do not think there's ever been anything like it for mount and blade this mod is huge and the work that's been put into this mod is stunning so to just leave it is kinda crazy

What I like the most is the fact that you don't start of with abnormal levels on your character, but anyways if you are really, really going to just drop this mod do you mind providing the source of the mod so maybe others can continue where you left of.

PS if you felt like the mod never received the much needed downloads then SVN is most likely why, even tho I'm a developer and use similiar apps to sync my work, that does not mean the average joe on the street will be able to do the same, and because of a massive lack of information on this mod, ppl will simply just move along, in fact i skipped it when I saw I need to use svn to download and only came back because I was seriously looking for a single player mod that offered what you already offered, and simply could not find it anywhere else.

So the lack of downloads will be mainly due to SVN and yeah I understand why it's used, but that doesn't work, in fact just from my side using svn

1) Install SVN no problem
2) create repo no problem
3) start syncing repo 2GB+ later all done

Start game game crashes missing files check teh repo compare it and yeah Folders missing so

4) Did an export of fodlers

Restart game it work but Fonts all messed up, so confused as hell (Gave up and moved on)

**Hours later***

5) did a cleanup and update all went well and I saw the missing .dds files being downloaded great

But hour later update failed so copied what I had accross started playing with that and

6) Did another clean up and update and finally after 3 hours it finally finished.

Total download time spend downloading this 10+ where it should have taken me like 2 hours max
Total confusion 95%
Total Bandwith used probably about 5GB maybe even more and I'm paying per GB do not have uncapped.

So yeah svn has great advantages but you not gonna get core supporters, playing and downloading this not to mention posting about it, only post you most likely to see is svn problems, being an idiot, noob or even IT pro.

But for those discourage like I was do try it this is one of the best mods for sure and huge, auldman get back to modding you have talent  :eek:

Back
Top Bottom