Did you find this useful

• Yes

Votes: 80 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 37.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

hi people
are anyone knows how can i add new characters like a Deshavi, Lazalit and others
sry for my bad english :smile:

say i want to re-add an item to a mod called A clash of kings for mount and blade warband

do i find the item id in native items_kinds and just add the item back into the modded versions of item_kinds, I.E i want to re add the millitary pick

itm_military_pick Military_Pick Military_Pick 1  steel_pick_new 0  4521986 9223388532775583758 280 270356 1.500000 100 0 0 0 0 31744 97 0 70 0 256 287

That's easy. If you don't want to mess with the module system, then open that module's item_kinds1. Hit Ctrl+F(search function) and search fpr military pick. If you find that entry, then simply replace it with the one from Native(that one you posted right there). If you can't find it(be VERY sure though), then add the entry to the bottom of the file, above the very last entry(tableu round shield or sth) and then go to the very top of the file, where you will see a number(in Native is 603, but in mods it may vary, it depends) and add +1 to that number. If, for example it says 950, you replace it with 951. Save the file and exit, wait for a couple of days(or start a new game, if you cannot wait) and find your weapon in the stores.

I modified the Great Helm's mesh (I made it completely black), and now upon starting the game I get an RGL error stating that there are too many variables for mesh Great Helm.
Does anyone have a guess as to happened?

I know the thread is dead, but i have few questions.

I make own modification. It is new sword. I have BRF file, texture files and i can play with my sword on native module but i have problems.

- How to make my sword standalone (because i replace nordic sword for my new sword)
- How to share my sword like other people. They upload texture files and brf file, but how they do that in game their items have names, stats without making any changes in module_items.py file.

Sorry for my poor English, there isn't here forum in my language.

You missed the kinds of variants for imodbits like what to add (ex chipped, bent, etc...) and also how to add alot :wink:

could you update it? the images are missing and without them, the text is kinda useless :sad:

yeah, sorry if I'm necroing a thread, I just couldn't find any other tutorials on this

Your images don't show up for me, so I'm not following at all as to what I'm supposed to do. I found some other tutorials and scrapped the instructions together. I got my weapon inside the game and put the mesh in the resources folder, and all of that crap. My weapon is inside the game, but whenever I equip it it's invisible and it says it could not find the mesh, despite me putting it in the resources folder, putting in the custom load_mod_resource line, and making the mesh itself a brf file. What am I doing wrong?

Here's the item_kinds1 script I found for it if that helps.

itm_steel_sword_test Witcher's_Steel_Sword Witcher's_Steel_Swords 2  steel_sword_test 0  GP_swords04_Scabbard 3458764513820540928  2251800088412163 9223635954365890800 1030 286740 2.000000 100 0 0 0 4 46080 150 0 126 0 280 45

Also be aware that this is supposed to be a bare model with nothing but a mesh; I wanted to test the model in-game, so it doesn't even have textures.

erennuman_mb said:
YourGrandaddy said:
Also be aware that this is supposed to be a bare model with nothing but a mesh; I wanted to test the model in-game, so it doesn't even have textures.
Meshes without textures obviously won't work.

Well, that's a shame. Because I have absolutely no idea how to texture items.

I guess this thread won't be updated?
I'm a newbie trying to create an armour piece for a mod but I'm having trouble. ><'

Nicklesbe said:
Will someone please update this with working picutres. Or just convert what he said into something more secure like text.

If you're using the module system, use Winter's tutorial https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,12372.0.html

Otherwise, try one of these text editors  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=105928.0 or https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,27735.0.html

Exporting item data...
Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "process_items.py" , line 72, in <module>
          write_items(variables, variable_uses,tag_uses_quick_strings)
        File "process_items,py" , line 29, in write_items
          ofile.write (" %s %d "%(item variation[0], item_variation[1]))
TypeError: 'long' object is not subscriptable

Back
Top Bottom