A HOBOTHREAD GLORIOUS BEYOND MEMORY - With Scipio's Order History

Why should Scipio spare this thread when it reaches its 1000th page?

• For the sake of past glories! When the Hoboknights were known for honed spears and sharper wit!

Votes: 50 32.9%
  • Because the next generation must have its chance! What right has Scipio to deny them the shelter of

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • Out of laziness! Deleting the thread would be too much trouble!

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • To protect the rest of the forums from these insufferable Hoboknights! At least the Hobothread keep

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • For the love of all that is good and respectable, DELETE THE THREAD NOW!

Votes: 33 21.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScientiaExcelsa

Master Knight
The Grand Hoboknight Order

hoboheraldrypaint2.png

hoboheraldrypaint2.png

hoboheraldrypaint2.png

hoboheraldrypaint2.png

hoboheraldrypaint2.png

hoboheraldrypaint2.png

We are the Hoboknights!

Since the early days of beta, we have rocked the US Warband scene.  Our influence has since spread across the globe, and we have become a Warband phenomenon both on the servers and these forums.  Who does not know the Hoboknights, with their quirky antics, ragged outfits, full helms and fun-loving spirit?  We are an icon!

hoboknight4.jpg

We are not your typical gaming clan.  We are above your petty disputes, greed for more members and SRS BSNS.  We do not succumb to your obsession with winning and competitive ferocity.  We have attained enlightenment in that we play games for that elusive reason which the gaming world seems to have forsaken; that is, fun!  We've been known to participate in the occasional clan match or community event, but though we boast some of the best players in the community, our aim is always enjoyment.

The Hoboknights are a social group.  We do not take recruitment lightly.  While other clans may seek to swell their reputation by swelling their numbers, we are wiser, and jealously guard the close-knit familiarity between our members.  We do not allow people into our ranks unless they have invested time into getting to know us and learned to respect our values.

The Hoboknights were founded by our beloved Hoboduke Gabeed.  He is solely responsible for every ideal that makes us stand apart.  He has since retired to pursue the leadings of his whims, but we will remain forever grateful to him for what he has created.  Through all the growing pains our order has experienced down the line, the principles which he instilled in us have remained unscathed.

I am Scipio the Scholar, Grand Master of the Hoboknight Order, the first man ever to take up the Hoboknight mantle under our Hoboduke.  With the help of Pawncakes the Hobochampion, the third in our founding triumvirate, I hope to lead us on to further glories until we have fully taken our rightful place in Warband lore as the clan which was above all other clans.

Hobocreed

These are the reverend words by which every true Hoboknight lives, breathes, speaks, walks, acts, and fights.

A Hoboknight is carefree, yet controlled.

A Hoboknight is proud, yet not arrogant.

A Hoboknight is humble, yet not lowly.

A Hoboknight is respectful, yet not condoning.

A Hoboknight is honest, yet not insulting.

A Hoboknight is above all others, yet below.

A Hoboknight is bound, yet free.

If any among you willfully contradict these ideals, let the base cur be cast out in shame.
Grand Master Hoboknight

I, Grand Master of the Hoboknight Order, am the highest voice of decision in the clan.  Only I may amend the structure or policies of the clan.  I bestow promotions upon those who are worthy, and I may even bestow new titles upon those who distinguish themselves.

Grand Hoboknight Champion

My Grand Champion is the defender of my honor, and marshal in our military endeavors.  He has shown himself time and again to be not only formidable in battle but also valiant and chivalrous in nature.  He oversees preparation for battle, lays down challenges to our rivals, and leads us in combat.  He may induct new squires into our order, and honored indeed are those who he so honors.  His voice is law even over the Grand Hoboknights.

Hobopaladin/Grand Hoboknight

There are many smaller orders enveloped within the Hoboknights, each of them led by a Grand Hoboknight known as a Hobopaladin who embodies the ideals and principles for which we stand.  They are appointed by me, and I would and do entrust them with the very leadership of my order in my absence, for they are given the power to do whatever they will, save alter this document with which I present you or appoint another to their number.  They may channel their own revelations of the Hobocreed into the ideals of the sub-order which they name and lead.

Hoboknight

The Hoboknight is a fully-entitled member of our order.  When a squire is found loyal and worthy, he is raised to knighthood by a paladin, the champion, or even the grand master.  He is a free man within the guidelines of the Hobocreed, and has the right to sit in and speak up at council meetings.  If any of the lesser creeds written by our paladins strike his heart true, he may join himself to the related sub-order.  In battle and in everyday conduct, the Hoboknights are the true voice of the Hobocreed.

Hobosquire

The right to induct new members into our order is reserved by the Grand Master, his champion, and the paladins, who may only have a single squire at a time.  They are not yet entrusted with the full responsibility of knighthood, and may not attend council sessions.  They are second to the knights in battle, and are only called upon to fight if the situation requires it.

This is the structure of our knightly order as set down by Scipio, Grand Master of the Hoboknight Order, under review of the Hoboknight Council, and it is to be honored until amended by him or his successor.
Roster

These are the names of the true Hoboknights:

Scipio the Scholar, the Grand Master of our Order
Pawncakes, his valiant Grand Champion

The Hobopaladins:

Dame Nirnaeth, Grand She-Knight Protector of the Holy Cabbage Patch
Sir Diesalot, Grand Knight of the.....
Sir Faranox, Grand Knight of the.....
Sir McQuaid, Grand Knight of the Order of the Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) of the Capricious Dandies

The Hoboknights:

Free Knights:

Amroth, who once trained the Grand Master
Alden the Hobospammer, capricious and incorrigible
Archevious
Ares the Martial, scholar of swords
Bitey
COGlory
Ekardt
Fedor
Feragorn
FlannelBeard
Jesse
Kophka
Locklear the wild Hobozerk
Marnid, the Hobomerchant
McBeverage, scribe of witticisms past and present
Regendur, that one hoboknight
Sheep, the Hobosniper brother
Shio
Sinister
Sir John the Sage, oldest and wisest among them
Snook
Theaq, the Hobosniper brother
Trevty
Voso the Worst
Zolansa

Cabbage Patch Knights:
Capricious Dandies:

I am a follower of the philosophical school of ...
Scipian Rhetoric - The art of countering every situation with an irresistable whelming tide of verbosity.
20 (11.8%)
Marnidian Discourse - The practice of convincing the ignorant and uncouth of their own worthlessness.
12 (7.1%)
McBevian Turth-Seekers - The arcane cult of meme-prophets seeking enlightenment in the deepest pits of the internet.
49 (28.8%)
Gabidian Indifference - The laissez-faire disregarding of life's demands until they go away.
10 (5.9%)
Pawncakian Absence - Convenient, sporadic, extended disappearance.
9 (5.3%)
Vosoist Anarch-trocity - The dedicated pursuit of absolute worstness.
10 (5.9%)
Diesalotic Stoicism - The quixotic persistence in the face of great adversity, lest Scipio go unpersecuted.
3 (1.8%)
Faranoxian Equilibrium - The attainment of serene cosmic balance, untainted by varletry or priggery.  Plus awesome eyepatches.
10 (5.9%)
Regendurian Anonymity - The enigmatic state of utter obscurity.
6 (3.5%)
McQuaidian Hooliganism - The foppish society of dastardly caddishness and rakish yahoos.
5 (2.9%)
Nirnamrothian Hedonism - Wine, women, and then more wine.
36 (21.2%)

What events will herald the return of the wandering Scipio and invoke The Reckoning?

He will resume the Grand Masterhood and rally the loyal remnant in a sweeping crusade of conquest against all other clans!  The Ragged shall rule!
    18 (15.8%)
He will found a new order, greater than any before!  His followers will be granted uncanny powers with which to further the cause.
    8 (7%)
A dark enemy will engulf Calradia in terrible chaos.  Scipio will return to lead a small band of heroes against overwhelming odds to restore peace!
    24 (21.1%)
Fickle men shall arise in our ranks and defile the Hobocreed.  Scipio will return to restore honor to the Order, and punish the unworthy!  The loyal will be justly rewarded.
    22 (19.3%)
The Reckoning is a myth!  Scipio is a ghost of the past!  I...I don't believe in ghosts......
    42 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 114
Is Scipio truly gone?
Yes!  He has sojourned to a strange land of sandviches and sentry cannons, never to return!
    6 (7.8%)
Yes!  He has given up video games to dedicate all his time to the final stages of his plot to conquer the world and rule it with a stainless steel fist!
    1 (1.3%)
No!  He yet lurks in the shadows, and hears our every murmur!  Nothing escapes his vigil, or withstands his indignant wrath!
    12 (15.6%)
No!  Scipio and McBeverage are one and the same person!
    18 (23.4%)
Scipio will never truly be gone!  He lives on in our hearts!  <inspiring soundtrack here>
    19 (24.7%)
Who is this Scipio you speak of?
    21 (27.3%)
How shall we deal with our rascally nemeses [not a typo], the Court of Rapists?!

Scipio will 'splode their heads with overblown oratory and gratuitous rhetoric!
    7 (7.9%)
McQuaid will scare them into submission with a stern look and a morningstar!
    1 (1.1%)
Faranox will shoot them in the head and write a poem about their demise!
    1 (1.1%)
Diesalot will talk them into playing cRPG and they'll never be heard from again!
    9 (10.1%)
Nirnaeth will befuddle their dastardly intentions with his gender ambiguity!
    0 (0%)
McBeverage will stalk Arch3r, discover his location, and assassinate him by carving "lol ture" into his chest!
    14 (15.7%)
Voso will join them and sabotage them from within with his failures!
    9 (10.1%)
Ares will confuse their little brains with a detailed essay on the correct position of the left pinky toe in medieval fencing! (With accompanying slideshow media)
    2 (2.2%)
Amroth will drive them from TeamSpeak with drunken ramblings!
    3 (3.4%)
Alden will spam their thread into oblivion, and then start on their forums!
    2 (2.2%)
Deathcakes the Hobochamp will defeat them all in valorous combat singlehandedly!
    2 (2.2%)
Marnid will argue with them until their brains shrivel!
    1 (1.1%)
Feragorn will poison them with non-kosher foodstuffs!
    3 (3.4%)
Rega...Rugen...Reng...who was that one hoboknight again?
    5 (5.6%)
COGlory will persuade them all to join the Hoboknights!
    9 (10.1%)
Fedor will ride them down in a glorious charge!
    0 (0%)
Zolansa will steamroll them with a great bardiche!
    1 (1.1%)
Sheep and Theaq will turn them into pincushions!
    0 (0%)
(For CoR) HOBOKNIGHTS > US.  WE CONCEDE DEFEAT!
    20 (22.5%)
McQuaid, because he's even more iron-fisted and totalitarian than Scipio!
    2 (2.9%)
Alden, because he would make spam mandatory and anarchy would abound!
    4 (5.7%)
Voso, because he's just the worst!
    12 (17.1%)
McBev, because he'd sell military secrets to the IRC!
    18 (25.7%)
Trevty, because he's like the new guy intern!
    3 (4.3%)
Pawncakes, because -- wait....who is he again?
    5 (7.1%)
(Regendur's option would go here, but nobody ever remembers him)
    4 (5.7%)
Amroth, because alcohol and decision-making don't mix!
    7 (10%)
Styo, because he isn't even a Hoboknight!
    7 (10%)
Marnid! (See McQuaid's option)
    8 (11.4%)
What will happen if Scott Ray doesn't join the Hoboknights?

A hurricane will hit Venezuela, kill thousands and take down Dies' internet, and it will be ALL SCOTT'S FAULT!
    44 (36.1%)
Gabeed will turn over in his grave and start having bad dreams.  (Who sleeps in a sarcophagus, anyway?  Weird)
    16 (13.1%)
Mustang will, and nobody wants that!  (Just kidding, 'Stang)
    14 (11.5%)
nK will coerce him into becoming their gong farmer!  (You thought Styo's NOSE was big...)
    28 (23%)
Scipio will be forced to compel him with the forced psychic suggestion techniques he learned at Yalen U.
    20 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 122
Gabeed said:
Once upon a time, in the backstreets of the Rhodok city of Yalen, a young hobo was rummaging around for a scrap of some moldy bread from Glunmar, or perhaps a forsaken hunk of Dumarian cheese.  As he scavenged around, he happened to trip and fall into a pile of HOBOTRASH, and LO, he stumbled out with his HOBORAGS askew and a discarded Rhodok full helm placed on his head.  LITTLE DID HE KNOW THAT IN THAT MOMENT HE HAD ACHIEVED HOBOGLORY, for he had been deemed by the HOBOFATES to become a HOBOKNIGHT, a warrior of vagabond justice!!!

In the HOBOFORTNIGHTS since that long-welcomed and oft-remembered day, THE FIRST HOBOKNIGHT mustered a  mighty gathering of HOBOKNIGHTS to do HOBOBATTLE against those who would dare stand against them.  They lived by a simple HOBOCODE:

1. YE SHALL DON THE HOBORAGS WHEN YE ARE A RHODOK SPEARMAN, IN ORDER TO PRESERVE THY HOBOSTRENGTH.
1a. A HOBOFULL HELM IS SUGGESTED BUT NOT MANDATORY, FOR IT DOTH CAUSE A LIGHTENING OF ONE'S HOBOGOLD POUCH.
2. YE SHALL RAISE THY HOBOSPEAR OR ANY OTHER WEAPON IN THE AIR WHEN CROSSING FLUVIAL SYSTEMS SUCH AS RIVERS AND STREAMS, LEST THY HOBOWEAPON BECOME SOAKED (note: read SOAK-ED with two syllables here) AND THUSLY RUINED.  RESPECT THY HOBOSPEAR.
3. YE SHALL EXHIBIT THE DIGNITY OF THE HOBOKNIGHTS OF OLD BY NOT BEING A ****.
4. YE SHALL BE AFFECTED BY THY HOBOSTRENGTH IN SUCH A MANNER THAT IT WILL BURST FORTH FROM THY HOBOTYPING IN THE FORM OF ALL CAPS.  BE NOT AFRAID, FOR IT IS ONLY GOOD AND RIGHT.  BUT TRY TO KEEP THY HOBO-ALLCAPS IN MODERATION (no spamming) WHILST IN THE HOBOSERVERS, LEST THE CAPS LOCK HOBODEMON AWAKEN AND DEVOUR ALL OF CALRADIA.

In following this HOBOCODE the HOBOKNIGHTS shall fight victoriously against incredible HOBOODDS, and protect the HOBOWEAK from malcontents.

Are you overcome by wonder and envy at the glory of the HOBOKNIGHTS?  Do you wish to be among their number?  Join them in the nK Vent and in-game, so that they may peer into your very HOBOSOUL.  After a period of time, if the HOBOGODS find ye worthy, you shall triumph in acceptance to the HOBOKNIGHTS!  Zounds!!!

Behold the new HOBOLIST, an amalgamation of different military ranking systems so patchwork that it would 1) make a medieval historian shudder, and 2) be the perfect system for the HOBOKNIGHTS and their ragged, patchwork armor.  Note that custom titles have been removed, and will no longer be allowed.  No more HOBOZERKS, HOBOSPAMMERS, etc.  In fact, everyone's title has changed.  However, there will be no shift to using tags (HK, etc) as I think it's kinda lame.  So here it is:

The Hoboduke
Gabeed

That's me.  Not much explanation required here, methinks.

The 12 Peerless Hoboknights, better known as the Hobopaladins
Scipio--and in addition, Hoboseneschal of the Hoboknights
Nate--and in addition, Hobomarshal of the Hoboknights
Wild Bill Kelso
Sloperx22
ares007
Faranox
FedoraMcQuaid

These are the elite of the HOBOKNIGHTS.  Now, you may be thinking, "Gabeed, the title says 12 Hobopaladins, and yet there are significantly less posted!!  Your new ranking system is a sham, you ripped off Charlemagne, and you, sir, are terrible at arithmetic despite your years in school!"  It should be emphasized that it is very difficult to become a Hobopaladin, and a person will only achieve such status sparingly.

Hobopaladins can recruit (and those recruited become the aptly-named Hoborecruits), and can pick a single Hobosquire if they find someone (anyone, whether they be a Hoborecruit or Hobosergeant) they think is of potential Hobopaladin stock . . .with permission from me, of course.

Hobosquires

Hobocaptains
Regendur
scythe111 (Theaq)

Hobo-at-arms
Sarejo (Martyr Diesalot)
Zolansa

This rank defines people who are not captains, and are in between the rank of Hoboknight and Hobosergeant.  They are of possible Hoboknight material, and their duties are . . well . . .currently, to be at arms, I guess.

Hobosergeants
Snook
Relm
Woadenson
Locklear
Socks
Alden
mcbeverage
Feragorn
Ekardt
Shio
Tiberius Decimus Maximus
Archevious
Radu
Fedor
Tea

The Hobosergeants are the rank-and-file of the HOBOKNIGHTS.  2 Hobocaptains will lead them, but at this point I have not assigned any.  Hobocaptains will be able to recruit Hoborecruits, while Hobosergeants will not be able to.  A couple of the people posted here were very close to getting the boot (and will be watched closely).  Others I just don't know well enough, or don't see enough, to promote to Hobopaladin status. 

Hoborecruits
Spool32

The newbies.  After a certain period of time, Hoborecruits may be found worthy and given the status of Hobosergeant.  Those found especially worthy may become Hobosquires.

Other info

If you aren't on this list, either I have respectfully kicked you, or you are on so sparingly that I almost never see you.

Practices will be led and made by a Hobopaladin or Hobocaptain, and it would behoove you to follow the orders of those superior to the rank--or else, the HOBOTRASH heap for you.

CURRENT ENEMIES:

-Trolls
-Michael Bay
-Nazis
-The Tarrasque
-The Swiss Family Robinson
-The Caps Lock Hobodemon

yours HOBOTRULY,

Gabeed, HOBODUKE of the HOBOKNIGHTS.

The HOBOWEBSITE: www.hoboknights.guildomatic.com

The HOBOKNIGHTS loiter in the nK Vent

PS: Props to HOBOKNIGHT Wild Bill Kelso, who found a HOBOSONG from a long-lost time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PINxfouNQFw

I'm most disappointed not to be on that list. Thought I had earned and proven my HOBONESS long ago.

HOBOUT YOU ACCEPT ME IN THE HOBROTHERHOOD?

PWETTY PLEASE?

I shall not display my mammaries.

Nirnaeth said:
I'm most disappointed not to be on that list. Thought I had earned and proven my HOBONESS long ago.

PWETTY PLEASE?

And what HOBOTITLE do ye desire?  For yea, thou hast proved thy HOBONESS in full.

Gabeed said:
Nirnaeth said:

PWETTY PLEASE?

And what HOBOTITLE do ye desire?  For yea, thou hast proved thy HOBONESS in full.

The HOBOSOM of glory?

Something along those lines, for they suit me and my concerns pretty well.

Swadius said:
Can TWATS like me be hobos too?

Any man or woman may become a HOBO if they obtain HOBOENLIGHTENMENT.  Or do ye seek the role of a HOBOTWAT?  What manner of HOBO is that, prithee?

Orion said:
Marnid has taken up the HOBOSPEAR in many a hard HOBOTIME. Prithee, where art Marnid on thy HOBOLIST?

In NK, you HOBOENEMY! I think...

Anyway, AT HOBOLAST THE HOBOKNIGHTS UNITE UNDER THE HOBODUKE! I SHALL HOBOENDEAVOR TO CREATE A FIRST DRAFT OF THE HOBOCODE WORTHY OF THINE HOBOEYES, MY HOBODUKE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom