79th Regiment of Foot (Cameron Highlanders)

Users who are viewing this thread

McEwanMaster77 said:
You are kinda crazy when you fight.  :smile:

I can't help that I'm good with the rifle. It comes from the long standing family tradition of clubbing baby seals. (Also known as Austrian infantry)

But yes, I will admit that I do go somewhat insane whenever I get into a melee.

Commander Millander said:
High as ****

Changing regiment names because of books n stuff

Sleep deprivation does odd things to one's mind. It clouds judgement, and makes one do things they would not otherwise do.

Regardless, I haven't actually been happy with the change to the 60th, and moving back to 'L'Incomparable' was inevitable at some point.

And we've reached the third page again.

Once again, I must double-post to bring us back to the first page.

To justify it, I found a page that lists the Armes d'honneur that the men of the 9th earned at Marengo!

Just a warning, it's entirely in French.

Also, I found the flag given to the regiment when they returned from that campaign.
LIncomparable.gif

McEwanMaster77 said:
Lol just put your cat on a leash or something.  :lol:

That would be an interesting solution, but it wasn't the cat that broke it. It was a short in the wire that fried something. :\

Gunnar11 said:
TheBoberton said:
McEwanMaster77 said:
How many headsets have you gone through by now? 6? 7?  :wink:

Still the same one as before, I just haven't been able to replace it yet.

So... five now, I think.  :neutral:

Aha, I am on my 6th.

Hmm, 6 headsets.
Well, I suppose 'technically' I'm on my 6th as well, whenever I get the time to go out and buy a new one.

Right, now that my headset's replaced we'll be able to proceed with trainings and actually start getting more people.

The 9éme Régiment d’Infanterie Légère, charging Austrian grenadiers at the battle of Marengo, 1800. This is the charge in which General Louis Desaix was killed, whilst leading the 9th forward, as shown in the painting.
Lejeune%20Louis%20Francois%20Baron,%20Bataille%20de%20Marengo%20(14-VI-1800)(peint%20en%201802).jpg

FYI, the link to this thread reads "60th Royal American" on the regiments thread. A very solid-looking regiment, though!

StGene said:
FYI, the link to this thread reads "60th Royal American" on the regiments thread. A very solid-looking regiment, though!

Yep, for a short period of time we were the 60th, and now we're waiting for Gokiller to update the list.

Back
Top Bottom