1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.0 only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yellowmosquito said:
That sounds identical to a problem that Abominog is having.  He fights exactly two battles and his next menu click is a CTD.  It seem to be very machine specific.  Can you verify if the "primer" for you is exactly two battles?

Nope, it's definitely more than two battles.
Could be that it's joining a faction and or/or gathering non-NPC followers that does it for, but for now the frequency of crashes is very low for me, so not much statistics.

For some better defined bug:
After finishing a "fetch some cattle for us poor villagers" quest, a message popped up that I had finished the Billy Barrets Casket quest and now my questlog states I am supposed to talk to myself for claiming the reward  :razz:

And shouldn'i it be Imperial Cazadore instead of Cazaodre ?

Edit: LOL! The casket quest finally finished when I walked around in my newly fief'ed village for the first time  :eek:
Further Edit: again, nope, I got the message that it's finished, but it remains in the questlog.

Bug or feature: On rare occasions I get ambushed by Bounty Hunters even at 9 spotting skill. It might be related to being occupied with a "fed-ex" quest or running around at night. If that's a feature, it's really cool, if it's a glitch could it be made into a feature?

yellowmosquito said:
Graile pays $1 now.  I briefly attempted to make him pay more for according to prisoner level, but I couldn't find a way to pass that value into the buy prisoners presentation.

See http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1242239.html#msg1242239 for a fix for this.  I patched up the script.txt file as described and it works perfectly.  It adds a dimension to the 'prisoner' game by making you decide which to keep and which to cut loose based on their sale value.

Also a mini patch for the "ambush" bug would be greatly appreciated if a generally upgraded version is some time away.  That on is becoming annoying.

Otherwise, I'm having a blast with the new version.

Ignatz1 said:
yellowmosquito said:
Graile pays $1 now.  I briefly attempted to make him pay more for according to prisoner level, but I couldn't find a way to pass that value into the buy prisoners presentation.

See http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1242239.html#msg1242239 for a fix for this.  I patched up the script.txt file as described and it works perfectly.  It adds a dimension to the 'prisoner' game by making you decide which to keep and which to cut loose based on their sale value.

Also a mini patch for the "ambush" bug would be greatly appreciated if a generally upgraded version is some time away.  That on is becoming annoying.

Thanks for the link. I was able to fix the bug via the module system with this information. :smile:

Rather than releasing a patch, I'll just put out a whole new version with the bug fixes, hopefully in the next week or so.

VicRattlehead said:
Go Wanted Sign, go!

45648776.jpg

YM EDIT: Fixed for next version.

yellowmosquito said:
Ignatz1 said:
yellowmosquito said:

Thanks for the link. I was able to fix the bug via the module system with this information. :smile:

Rather than releasing a patch, I'll just put out a whole new version with the bug fixes, hopefully in the next week or so.

A new version in a week or two will certainly fill the bill.  I'll look forward to it.

I'll use Kitfux's workaround in meantime.  For those of you haven't seen it it reads as follows.

Kitfux said:
Already reported, and confirmed as a bug.
Temporary workaround: Get you spotting skill up, then you get the option to ambush the ambushers with your whole outfit. No disappearing troops that way.

You can raise your spotting skill artificially by editing your exported character's spotting skill value, then re-importing it into the game.

damnimbored25 said:
Kitfux said:
And shouldn't it be Imperial Cazadore instead of Cazaodre ?
I was wondering the same...but, ¿ Does cazaodre means hunter in English ?
The literal translation is hunter but the proper translation would be something like rifleman or sharpshooter.

Cazadores are the Spanish, Portuguese, and Brazilian equivalent of German/Scandinavian jagers, Italian Bersagliari, French Chasseurs, etc

ChrisF1987 said:
damnimbored25 said:
Kitfux said:
And shouldn't it be Imperial Cazadore instead of Cazaodre ?
I was wondering the same...but, ¿ Does cazaodre means hunter in English ?
The literal translation is hunter but the proper translation would be something like rifleman or sharpshooter.

Cazadores are the Spanish, Portuguese, and Brazilian equivalent of German/Scandinavian jagers, Italian Bersagliari, French Chasseurs, etc
In that case...shouldn't they be called "Cazadores Imperiales."
I guess they were ¿trackers?

If they are the counterpart to Jäger and Chasseurs, they would be supposed to be light infantry.

O.K., tried to look it up, next to impossible without Spanish  :razz:
There were two Cazadores formations in the Imperial army in 1866, Cazadores operating as light infantry, and Cazadores de Mexico which were raised in mid-1866 as an attempt at integrated French/Mexican forces. It's not clear from what I have found if those existed in parallel or if the Cazadores just were merged into the new Cazadores de Mexico units. So Imperial Cazadores is probably at least as good a designation as Cazadores Imperiales  :wink:

In any case they would most likely be infantry.

Then there were of course an assortment of French Chasseurs (some of those were mounted Chasseurs à Cheval) and even Austrian Jäger.

What is the problem? - Some scripting error: 9 consequences or something during hunting.

How did it happen? - Chased down a buffalo/deer herd, went hunting.

Where were you? - Commanche Territory, or near cottonwood, idk...

What were you doing? - Buffalo / Deer Hunting

Any other important details? -
This glitch has happened to me multiple times, but not
everytime I've gone hunting, and it happens with both
deer and buffalo. At the beginning of the hunt, it display
a message in reddish text about an error.

Sorry if this has already been fixed or reported...

What is the problem? - Shovels doesn't work.

How did it happen? - Met enemies with shovels and they do nothing but hold their shovels.

Where were you? - Around the place where miners spwan.

What were you doing? - I was robbing those poor miners.

Any other important details? - I tried to use shovels myself and when I try to attack or block with it
nothing happens.

I'm not sure if anyone actually want to use shovels (I do!) but since it seem like a bug I posted it.

YM EDIT: Shovels fixed for next version.

Here's another bug my brother discovered (We've been playing this mod A LOT!) :smile:

So, he bought one of those certificates of deposit, and stored it in a chest (At a hotel, I think).Supposedly,
when the month rolled around for it to increase in value, it disappeared. Sorry but I can't provide any
more info than that at this time, but I will edit this post when I can give a little more info.

EDIT:
Ok, here's what he said basically:

He took control of the El Paso Hotel, and bought a certificate from the El Paso Bank. He stored the certificate in the
first slot of the El Paso Hotel Chest and a gun in the second. When the next month rolled around, the certificate
disappeared from slot 1, but the gun was still in slot 2.

YM EDIT:The certificate of deposit would disappear from player owned chests in towns and forts. Fixed for next version.

I fixed the bug where the certificate of deposit would disappear from player owned chests in towns and forts. 

I can't guarantee that the certificates work correctly though, as this was a Highlander feature.

1866 version 0.9.1 has been released.

Please post bug reports in the v0.9.1 bug report thread. 

I will leave this thread open for a little while if anyone would like to follow up on a v0.9.0 bug report that was already posted here. This thread will be locked shortly though.

Edit: locked.  Thanks to all who helped report bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom