1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.0 only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should get rid of the option to 'Besiege this fort' when you are a member of that faction. It's annoying now i'm on -60 relations with the USA and -98 with General Grant.

The game is randomly crashing after 15 or 10 minutes playing :S

What should i do :S

EDIT: btw i agree with rkid3

Would it be at all possible to get a quickfix for the loss of all non-companion members of your army after ambushes?
It makes training your men a mad scramble as you try to pump them full of XP and then get them back to your garrison before you get ambushed again.
If you can, that would be amazing, though I understand there are other things taking up your time.

Just a note, I have managed to finish the Kidnapped Girl quest on two characters, so it's at least working for me!  :grin:

Amazing mod, tons of fun, keep up the great work!

I wondered how 1866 managed that the duvalle gang always consists of the 5 duvalles. and now i noticed that they get cloned somehow.
sadly i have no exact details or savegame. the duvalle party was besieging cottonwood hotel (all duvalles in the party) whereas in the cottonwood hotel prison there were 4 duvalles.
also when i conquered that hotel later on and freed the 4 duvalles, i had the option to ask wether they would like to join me.
the duvalle that joined me was like a companion, except that ammunition (rifle) kept disapearing from his inventory, i had to reequip him several times.

edit:

when being ambushed in a town (el rio in my case), bandits attack the wanted sign.

I want to apologize if this has been answered. I've just spend a couple of minutes looking for one and didn't find it. I downloaded this yesterday and I love the mod. But one thing bugs me and I think it might be a "bug." Here's the deal: I am a USA faction member and I keep being ambushed every few days by Bounty Hunters. Fine but-why do I only do battle with them with my npcs and why after I murder the scum off am I missing my entire regiment? I just spent some time recruiting my troops and upgrading them only to lose dozens of men after one skirmish with a handful of bounty hunters. This does not make any sense. Now I have to start recruiting all over again :sad:(

Already reported, and confirmed as a bug.
Temporary workaround: Get you spotting skill up, then you get the option to ambush the ambushers with your whole outfit. No disappearing troops that way. 

Just experienced something odd concerning the Ranger on the "speeder bike". I know it has been fixed in the upcoming patch, but after I initiated a gun fight in the town (I shot the sheriff, but could not find the deputy  :mrgreen:) it somehow corrected itself and the horse was "re-skeletized". Just thought you should know that there was a strange connection to seemingly unconnected events.

Kitfux said:
Already reported, and confirmed as a bug.
Temporary workaround: Get you spotting skill up, then you get the option to ambush the ambushers with your whole outfit. No disappearing troops that way.

Thanks Kitfux. That did the trick. I got my "spotting" up and ambushed those dirty scoundrels and took great pleasure in wiping them out. No prisoners. I loathe a bounty man.

Pretty fun mod. Wish there was more spaghetti western music to suit the spaghetti western vibe.

i don't know if this somehow depends on reputation but apparently noone seems to care anymore if i draw my gun in town. i can even shoot around, as long as i don't hit anyone.

UniversalWolf said:
I've noticed a specific type of Confederates that spawn in groups of 15-20 in the big, empty plain between Mexico and Comanche land.  These are mostly infantry with one or two mounted officers, yet they move so fast that they easily caught my group of three (Jill and Hank).  All of us were mounted and my Trailblazing skill was 7, but we weren't fast enough to avoid them.  Not sure whether or not that's intentional, but it's extremely deadly.
FWIW, I haven't seen this again after the first two times.  Either I hallucinated the whole thing, or it stopped, because I can't reproduce it.

Again back to the random(?) crashes. Scoured the taleworlds forums for possible solutions, tried anything (in)conceivable, no dice. Gave up on it and rolled up a new character, started soloing him, only fighting and using the town's shops: NO CRASHES  :grin:
When starting to walk around towns/entering saloons/recruiting NPCs/doing quests it still worked for a while, but then again the CTDs started to occur. Something seem to prime those, and then something else triggering it. (When in CTD-mode, clicking on one of the trader options in the town menu CAN trigger a crash).

A new specimen of crash:
starting from a save next to Cottonwood (time is High Noon), running in a straight line to that town and starting to "walk around" causes a CTD after a few steps before I even reach the gate structure at the town entrance. Making a small detour before entering town - no crash  :?:

Kitfux said:
Again back to the random(?) crashes. Scoured the taleworlds forums for possible solutions, tried anything (in)conceivable, no dice. Gave up on it and rolled up a new character, started soloing him, only fighting and using the town's shops: NO CRASHES  :grin:
When starting to walk around towns/entering saloons/recruiting NPCs/doing quests it still worked for a while, but then again the CTDs started to occur. Something seem to prime those, and then something else triggering it. (When in CTD-mode, clicking on one of the trader options in the town menu CAN trigger a crash).

A new specimen of crash:
starting from a save next to Cottonwood (time is High Noon), running in a straight line to that town and starting to "walk around" causes a CTD after a few steps before I even reach the gate structure at the town entrance. Making a small detour before entering town - no crash  :?:

That sounds identical to a problem that Abominog is having.  He fights exactly two battles and his next menu click is a CTD.  It seem to be very machine specific.  Can you verify if the "primer" for you is exactly two battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom