SP Medieval 1429: The Hundred Years War

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all, just some quick questions:

- Are the quests mostly for the French faction, or there are relatively equal amount of quests for each faction?

- Is the released source code (for 1.134) the latest one (the one used to build the 'final' version of the mod). I'd just like to see if i can build myself a version with Formations.

Thanks! :smile:

Sorry for the double post...

I just went and used the source code to add Formations/FormationsAI by motomotaru. Looks like it's working well... Not sure if HYW has it's own AI Triggers that will overlap/conflict with FormAI.

GD5o3.jpg

I'm doing the freelancer quest where you patrol around Bourges and I can't find the warehouse district. There's the messenger guild district, the cathedral place district, and the square where you meet the freelancer leader. I'm also using Kalrhan's English translation.
So where can I find the warehouse district?

It should be a choice, like the other three you mentioned. not sure why you are not seeing it. I finished it successfully  :???:

-------------

Another modification I added, which is Dunde's Dynamic Kingdom Troop presentation :smile:

N29Dv.jpg

Here's a newer version of my previous translation. More dialogues translated.
Also some fixes to other files as the original received very little testing. There's still some translating to do, but only for the dialogues file. Everything else is 100% complete unless you find a bug.
This has eaten quite many hours already since I found very early on that Google translate makes for deceivingly simple results. When I did few lines and just tidied them up to be less robot talk I thought it would be ok. But when I went to game they made next to no sense in the context of the actual gameplay. So it was back to 90% doing by hand and testing... and it likely still needs several more runs of testing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4wmi9kjsXleZ2dQWW9pSjhURkE/view?usp=sharing (old, don't take)

tl;dr Non-machine translated version, with quite a bit of testing. Still every new pair of eyes is valuable.  Units, ui etc. everything non-dialogue should be final. About half of dialogues translated.
Don't expect eloquent English as I'm not a native speaker of either.

There's bound to be some because I haven't actually gotten to play all of the quests in game due to in-game bugs and/or unfinished translation.
For example the Joan quest is still completely untouched.
There's just tons of content which isn't apparent when you for example look at the map...

Some of the things which has received work:
*Rebels questline
*Iron Skulls questline
*Duke of Brittany questline
*Villandrandro questline (aka underground Paris)
*Templar questline

Quest menu and the briefs should be there for everything (press q) even if the dialogues aren't.

While doing the translation I've grown to appreciate just how much stuff they have put in this mod over the years. The amount of text that some of the most trivial bystanders have to say is stupendous.

You get En from one of the translations that the people in the thread, like magitsu's. Put the files inside a folder called "en" and you should be done. I've deleted the others since I don't need them.

I did that, created the en folder myself (if that matters). But really not a lot has been translated, I think. For example when you ask a French lord, what do you think about the rebels (I think it says that :oops:) that has not been translated in my game, is that supposed to be translated?

You can use kalarhan's dialogs.csv translation below. That will fill the gap of the missing translations. Put that within the en folder.

kalarhan said:
kalarhan said:
Leoragon said:
Yes, I know about it and am using it right now. But I was curious as to how the development is going.

quick hint: open dialogs.csv (languages/en/dialogs.csv). Any text you find hard to understand you can then copy and translate using google translator. Same for any menu left out for now.

I gonna do a mass translation later this week using google api, it wont be any close to the quality magistu has released tho.

Cheers

My version of the dialogs.csv (should be about 99% translated). It is rough, as it was done using google translator (via api and automatic script). So use it at your own risk of seeing some Yoda kind of phrases there lol

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tQfpEDoJUqMnlRUHFSbHR3Vm8/view?usp=sharing

Cheers

Here's a new version which has a lot more of dialogs.csv translated.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4wmi9kjsXleT09JbTRmTDVsQ1k/view?usp=sharing

Should be at least the intro, freelancers aka SansLys quests, beginning of the rebel quest, some lord dialogue, tavern & inn dialogues, recruitable soldier dialogues. Most Lorgest forest dialogues...

A lot more has been translated now, thank you magitsu. :iamamoron:

I'm trying both, I'll see witch one is better.

I would assume that magitsu's would be 'better,' given that the alternative is google translate. However, it is more 'complete' given that everything is translated.

I'll wait eagerly for the completion of magitsu's translations :smile:

Back
Top Bottom