SP Medieval 1429: The Hundred Years War

Users who are viewing this thread

I just wanted to drop a couple of issues/gripes I've noticed to make sure they are known about. My biggest issue is that Shoes,Gloves,Crossbow bolts and arrows simply disappear from the merchants after some time and can only be obtained by looting. It was this way in all the previous Hundred Years War mods (from my experience at least) and it is in this one as well. My other issue is that the crosshair is too small/transparent so I can barely see it sometimes and it makes aiming way more difficult. I presume this could be an easier fix. That is about it. Other than these small issues I abslutely LOVE this mod. Really awesome work. I especially love how the Tournaments are done (1v1 you borrow the equipment and can choose between lances and horses or two handed swords. A cool way to improve this would be if you could buy the equipment. And have more types of sparring) and I ADORE the fact that the trainer in the training camp can actually train your men! It gives the training camp a purpose finally!!. Waiting eagerly for the English translation. I once walked up to the freelancers trainer in Bourges and talked to him. It was in French so I had no idea what I said. The dialog ended and then... he killed me :grin: . Only later have I realised he was giving me the "test".

Tvrtko II Kotromanic said:
And I can't find bloody Ham for quest. :grin: I searched for it in every town-Inn-Village...
Maybe its translated wrong from franch?

I did a quest that required ham a few days ago. Yeap it had a different name from the quest text, so just buy all meat you can find  :mrgreen:

kalarhan said:
Tvrtko II Kotromanic said:
And I can't find bloody Ham for quest. :grin: I searched for it in every town-Inn-Village...
Maybe its translated wrong from franch?

I did a quest that required ham a few days ago. Yeap it had a different name from the quest text, so just buy all meat you can find  :mrgreen:

Supreme Buddha bless You  :grin:

Candid said:
I'm curious, is there any way to complete the iron skulls 2nd mission (quintin citadel) without angering the leader of that merc company? Recovering the proof of death seems easy enough, but I've not seen any options to use the bombard like the screeny a few pages back implies!

Anyone? :/

FantasyWarrior said:
Can i do add the county of provence ? south east in grey, neutral with all/ 40% of chance of war with the english and burgundian faction. actually it's armaniac.
QGBui.jpg

Britany (neutral) in north east, in grey, is allready done.
Well, a separate faction for the House of Valois-Anjou (Provence) would be very interesting addition. May be also Navarre (of Blanche I of Évreux) that was closely involved in the Hundred Years War since the 14th century?

And you can also always consider expanding the map to north to add more of England and southern parts of Scotland (the Lowlands at last)...

Well, this and 1257AD should hold me off until Bannerlord drops. Glad I had the urge to look at mods again. So many years of enjoyment from such an awesome game.

I've seen a few posts about an English translation being mostly complete. How far off are we from a complete "non Yoda" translation?

Awesome. From looking through the thread it seems there are 2 translations at the moment. Which are you using? The one from magistu, or kalarhan?

Also, when I look on the nexus, it seems there are 9 files. I see the "version finale", but what are all the others? Which should I take? I have a high end PC, so if one of the graphical optional files is more resource intensive I would be after the nicer looking one.

I installed the 3 main files on the Nexus page. All of the optional files except the module file are fixes I think. So download everything and overwrite the Finale version with everything else.
I'm using Magitsu's translation, which I think only has the voices untranslated, which is something I quite like.

Got it. I notice 2 of the files are "ameliorations graphiques" 1 and 2. So, "Graphics improvements". Are they both to be used together, or is it one or the other?

Could someone point me in the direction of this abbey of Micy? I have the quest, but I can't find the abbey. However, in Orleans, there are two "Go to the forge" options.

Another thing I experience, in the Iron Skull Quest with the Siege, my character can't continue the dialog after some time, "click left to continue dialog", but nothing happens and I have to close the process with the taskmanager...
----------------------------------------------------------
Edit: the second one was fixed with the dialoge file in the downloads.

Sir Blackthorne said:
Awesome. From looking through the thread it seems there are 2 translations at the moment. Which are you using? The one from magistu, or kalarhan?

Also, when I look on the nexus, it seems there are 9 files. I see the "version finale", but what are all the others? Which should I take? I have a high end PC, so if one of the graphical optional files is more resource intensive I would be after the nicer looking one.

Like I mentioned on my post I put together a quick translation for the dialogs.csv. That file has some conversations (like taverns), but mostly quests content. Its about 8000 dialogs and only about 10% was in English.

I didnt touch what was in good English (the 10%). So you can choose between good French or Yoda-English for the 90%  :mrgreen:

Original:
dlga_camp_cran_fer_entrr2:camp_cran_travv2|Je voudrais recruter des mercenaires parmis vous, j'ai de quoi payer.
dlga_camp_cran_fer_entrr2:camp_cran_travv2.1|Je cherche du travail dans vos rangs, je sais me battre.
dlga_camp_cran_fer_entrr2:close_window|J'ai bien peur de m'être perdu, je repars.

Translation:
dlga_camp_cran_fer_entrr2:camp_cran_travv2|I would like to hire mercenaries among you, I have enough to pay.
dlga_camp_cran_fer_entrr2:camp_cran_travv2.1|Looking for work in your ranks, I know how to fight.
dlga_camp_cran_fer_entrr2:close_window|I'm afraid I lost, I'm leaving.

Need some help with Templar quest, I can't find Renne le chateau or Provence on the map, thx!

Edit: Finally found it after switching to French lol, sorry!

Edit 2: After entering the castle, I can't see anything at all except for the corpse and the bridge :sad: (solved)

Edit 3: After getting out of the castle and defeating the two guys, I got sent back to the village screen and can't continue the quest

Back
Top Bottom