[1.2.x] Please revisit tournament prize brackets and item pools

Users who are viewing this thread

I've reached a point in my campaign where I have enough companions and family in my party to almost completely populate a tournament lineup with them. As a result, every tournament that I join has the top prize bracket. Unfortunately, the items in that bracket are a bunch of tier 6 banners, a selection of tier 6 helmets from all cultures and a 2H sword called Early Retirement, thats it. Except for the banners, the other items are decent money. The problem is, where do I get more top tier noble mounts at this point? Horses like the Wadar Hotblood and the Asaligat I can only get from lower prize brackets. Are there other sources for these animals I'm not aware of?

Also, in previous versions of the game I remember one could win gear from the town's culture the tournament is taking place in and the overall variety of items felt much wider. What happened to that? With the amount of different items in the game, the item pool for tournament prizes feels rather limited.

Thirdly, at mid tier prize brackets, prizes can range from a junk item like the Militia Pernach to a Wadar Hotblood at the exact same tournament. That is completely out of whack imo. Please give it some thought and don't just leave everything to modders to fix.

I would suggest to move the top tier noble mounts like the Wadar Hotblood, the Asaligat and the Cossian to the top prize bracket or give us some other means to acquire them.

Lastly, maybe the game shouldn't consider every cowthief and riff raff that I hire as a companion as a participating lord in tourneys and up the prize bracket as a result. I like that companions can participate as we don't have that many sources of xp for companions but most of my companions aren't nobles by any stretch.

Imho tournament prizes in all M&B games have been :poop: and it's one of the reasons it's not worth doing them after you get to a certain point, even the xp you gain in tournaments is nerfed into the ground. There's just no reason to do them except early on to get some gear or a bit of money. Like most features in this game they're poorly thought out and poorly integrated into the game.

Imho tournament prizes in all M&B games have been :poop: and it's one of the reasons it's not worth doing them after you get to a certain point, even the xp you gain in tournaments is nerfed into the ground. There's just no reason to do them except early on to get some gear or a bit of money. Like most features in this game they're poorly thought out and poorly integrated into the game.
They are my only source of the above mentioned horses. You also get 9 renown per won tournament with some perks and without the need for an army. Sure, eventually you won't focus on them too much. I feel like overhauling the prize pool is an easy fix, unlike so many of the other flaws this game has. I agree that this is another episode of half-assery and placeholders.

Back
Top Bottom