1.2.0 The "bandit" path; the impact on a kingdom's economy; need clarification on economics

Users who are viewing this thread

Nawari

Veteran
Good morning,
I make a general return on 1.2.0.

I have no particular criticisms to make. I had some big bugs, I made a ticket. I couldn't do more. It's hard to report some bugs.

Above all, I have hopes:

1.2.0 introduced an "alley occupancy" system. This beginning of "bandit" systems is very good. I thought I understood while visiting the cities that we might have the opportunity later to buy hostels or have a house in town? True or false ? Good intuition or not?

To perfect the bandit system, it would be necessary to be able to effectively have a complete "bandit path" rich in possibilities.

What I've always missed in the game is being able to understand the economic impact of our actions:
Example: suppose: I decide to buy all the production of silver for example. What impact does this decision have on the economy of the kingdoms?
Suppose, a madness, I go around the map, and I buy all available horses, what impact on the game? None or it disturbs the realms?

Suppose: I own 4 alleys in 4 cities of the same kingdom for example. What impact on the balance of the kingdom? Is it a way to impact the targeted realm or not?

Suppose: I have 4 caravans. My 4 caravans have started their work in the cities of the Kingdom of AseraÏ for example. Does it impact the aserai economy? How do caravans impact the game?

In short, how does the in-game economy work? Is it a real simulation? Can we really impact an economy? Until what point ?
It's not very clear. And when we take an alley, when we buy a workshop close to our alley (and belonging to a gang leader), in the same town, we don't know if it's advantageous or not. What economic impact? Why does one gang leader decide to attack our alley and not another? It's not clear.

In short, a broad explanation on all the economic functions of the game, on the general functioning of the economy (we can clearly see that the prices change, therefore, normally, there is a functional economic system), on the impact of having an alley, to have caravans, to have workshops on the economy, that would be good. If there are no impacts or if the impact is very limited, it would be good to know that too.

The "bandit" system with alleys and possible alternative refuges to castles and cities, would be complete if in a different way we could undestand how to impact the war. What impact on the game if I decide to give 100,000 to a Kingdom to support it? Can it save him? It's not very clear.

The alleys system as far as I can tell does not actually effect the economy, but being a bandit does, raiding caravans and villages hurts prosperity which effects how much money settlements have and make for thier owners. Also note once you get a high crime rating you can't trade in town so in many ways being a bandit is counter productive for you.

The alleys system as far as I can tell does not actually effect the economy, but being a bandit does, raiding caravans and villages hurts prosperity which effects how much money settlements have and make for thier owners. Also note once you get a high crime rating you can't trade in town so in many ways being a bandit is counter productive for you.
I am not so sure alleys does not effect economy. Because in pre-release, 1.7.x if I am not mistaken; I wacked some NPC's without knowing who they were, solely for roleplay purposes, turns out they were henchmen of the gang leader and there was a second round. I've wasted them too. Then over time I've noticed some security(?) increased and maybe also prosperity? And I guess food consumption increased because there was more caravans coming and going but maybe it was my "imagining things".

Yet, I believe all bandit/thug things effects militia and economy one way or another. Actually I believe all things are connect, even in smallest percentages.

Thank you for your answers. But I would like if it is possible that we have a little explanation from the developers to enlighten us on this subject. Because if all our actions (alleys, giving money to a Kingdom to support its "war effort", developing caravans, owning workshops, I'm not talking about looting, but about a path where we would participate indirectly to the war by economically supporting a Kingdom), then that would mean that one could win the main quest, for example, without drawing the sword, just by economically supporting a Kingdom, possibly by having alleys in the kingdom that the we want to eliminate. The problem is that we have to create our own kingdom in the main quest or join an existing kingdom. In this case I would be forced to annex a castle to create my own kingdom, and then lose the castle, and my kingdom would then only "trade" to support a war against the Empire or against others. I did but gave up because I didn't know if my strategy was working. I would have needed to know more about the economic mechanics of the game to continue on this path. I hope I am clear. English is not my native language.

Back
Top Bottom