1.010 Lords of War Rebuild. (New Map - WIP, p2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Markus II

Knight
Due to a complete loss of all related mod-files, the port to 1.010 has suffered a major set back. I've had to start practically from scratch again. I'll use this thread to post updates on the rebuild of the mod for M&B 1.010.

Sounds pretty good.

You forgot eat on there though, don't want you dying of starvation on us!

Ah, great to hear from you again, Markus.  Good luck on the porting, I hope it is easier than expected.

I've ported some of the stuff that was prepared for 0.960 without any trouble - the new animations look great combined with the period armour/weapons. :smile:

Also, some of the scene terrain codes that stuffed up scenes like the Hill Fort in 0.960 (with added trees etc) don't seem to be present now, which means I won't need to scrap and redo many of the towns/hill fort.  :grin:

Terrific news!!!

Best of luck with the port and I'll be watching eagerly for updates!!!

~ Camaris

I've been hoping to see this thread for a while, i was afraid we lost you there for a while.  Good to hear from you again

good luck and thank you

The new parties and their dialogs have been ported along with the tavern recruiting system for noble troops/mercenaries in Lundene.

Adorno said:
Whoa, the port is already on the go  :razz:

It might already have been mentioned, but what will be the custom music be? That sounds interesting...

I was looking at some of the tracks from TW:Medieval by Jeff van Dyck...

Some bad news I'm afraid - upon booting up my PC this morning I received a rather ominous message. Several hours at the PC-shop later, I was told that my Hard Disk is dead and the data is unrecoverable.

That's everything, all of the files relating to the mod. All the system files, brf's, textures, the lot. Sufficed to say, I'm pretty ****ing pissed at the moment.

What does it mean for the mod? Well, it means I'll almost be starting from scratch. I still have the custom scenes and the weapons, but that's it. All the new armours/shield/banners are gone.

Right now, i'm so disheartened that I'm not inclined to do anything.

I'll let you all know when I'm ready to start again.

That is rather... unfortunate.

Well, your mod is one of the best out there, I hope you will be able to recover from this.

Nooooo  :cry:

Your mod is the best as far as completely uncensored historical accuracy. Nothing is politically correct and watered down, and the exchanges between the characters are flawless. I know from personal experience how hard it can be to recover from something like this. My heart goes out to you, man.

:sad: Noooo!!!! So very sorry to hear about this, Markus . . . Lords of War is my all time favorite and I can only imagine the hours you had put into it . . . well, here's hoping that one day yet my Briton warriors will descend on the Saxon villages of Mercia once again!!!

Markus II said:
Some bad news I'm afraid - upon booting up my PC this morning I received a rather ominous message. Several hours at the PC-shop later, I was told that my Hard Disk is dead and the data is unrecoverable.

That's everything, all of the files relating to the mod. All the system files, brf's, textures, the lot. Sufficed to say, I'm pretty ****ing pissed at the moment.

What does it mean for the mod? Well, it means I'll almost be starting from scratch. I still have the custom scenes and the weapons, but that's it. All the new armours/shield/banners are gone.

Right now, i'm so disheartened that I'm not inclined to do anything.

I'll let you all know when I'm ready to start again.

Isn't it possible to get the mod from wherever its been uploaded to and like mod it from that?  i don't know anything about modding or scripting, but if you download the mod, can you change it from there?  just a thought, don't know if its possible or makes sense or if its stupid.

Don

wow thats a total bummer. i just downloaded this mod and it by far rocks harder than any other. this mod just has absolute atmosphere and immersion. really cool stuff - got me really interested in finding more about this era and the saxon people; ive been browsing around the subject on the internet. props to you markus, and condolences about the hard drive. i saw some pictures of what you were working on in some of the other threads, and the armor looked great. hopefully you dont get too disheartened to continue this thing, because i think this is the absolute premier mod for this game in terms of polish and quality, immersion, and accuracy.

quick question too (i know its prob not the right thread) - i started killing a few bandits and rebels and such, joined the danes, killed some uprising peasants, got my level and party limit up, and then wanted to start going after some big fish - specifically i wanted to fight some big battles with lords and try a siege on these awesome castles. the danes werent at war with anyone so i just started going after briton caravans - eventially, the brits didnt like me, and i figured i'd now have the option to beseige a castle - but no dice! i have like a -23 relation with the punks but i dont have the option to besiege a castle or town. can you not besiege castles in this version? or does my faction have to be at war with them? - the danes arent at war with anyone, which is boring. or do i have to have a more negative relation with the faction?

Back
Top Bottom