Éadríc Eorl of the Fyrnings greets William Duke of Normandy

Users who are viewing this thread

I, Hvatr Attisson, am ready to fight for glory and riches in the British Isles, be it Scotland or the land of the Engle, with my Norwegian friends! Point me to the scum and their villages, and ashes will be all that is left!

Haresus said:
I, Hvatr Attisson, am ready to fight for glory and riches in the British Isles, be it Scotland or the land of the Engle, with my Norwegian friends! Point me to the scum and their villages, and ashes will be all that is left!

Great!

Norway's army is moved over to northern scotland until further notice. what will the normans/english/other scottish or irish tribes do ?

UlfrTheMighty said:
alright.

hey Scottish tribes, wanna make an alliance ?pls

- king of norway

Well you would have paid any attention, that was the thing I suggested at the first place...

this night, 21 june of 1012, Normann army killed and enslaved english in their land.
As promised, Willelm that is honourable man, sent immediatly 2 female slaves and beer...a lot of beer.
and I am happy for this.
Hope to fight again with this kind of warrior.
this is the result of the first night....
venerd%25C3%25AC+1.jpg

People, this was taken out of the Mead Hall for a reason. Enough with the nonsense.

This is a formal declaration of war, since this Willelm, who styles himself Duke of Normandy, has failed to heed our demands. And it is a serious matter, because it so happens we have reason to believe this Wyllelm is, in fact, a þeodloga, an arch-impostor. He is not who he claims he is. He is not the Duke of Normandy.

If he were the real duke, wouldn't the noble Balduin filz Herluin, Count of Runeville, acknowledge him as his liege? Yet he doesn't. The House of Runeville doesn't rank below that of this Willelm Þeodloga, and Balduin is but a count. Would the real duke be leading his men in minor skirmishes? Isn't the Duke of Normandy said to be more powerful than the King of France himself? Why isn't he leading big armies against other kings and dukes, but instead raiding small villages and clashing with local militias and petty pirates?

Indeed, it is known that, until the time for open war and full hosts in battle array comes, the real Duke of Normandy and others like him won't put a foot on the battlefield. Just like we never saw Eadward King of the English, or Magnus King of Norway, or anyone of similar rank involved in these raids. Only local chieftains defending against enemy warbands.

Would the Duke of Normandy openly embrace that most insulting nickname men have given to him - namely, "the Bastard"? That's no honourable thing to boast about. Yet this Wilhelm Ðeodloga styles himself "the Bastard", and has his men refer to themselves as the army of the Bastard. How can that be?

It's very simple: Willelm Þeodloga is not the Duke of Normandy. He can't be. Whether he's a count, a baron, or a churl, I cannot say. I do not know either why he claims kinship with us Fyrnings, but there are some who say this Wyllelm hails from Grestan and does in fact have some English blood. There are some who go as far as to claim he is even the feared and cunning Count of Grestan and not the illegitimate bastard child who thinks the English will take him as their king, but if that's the case, only God knows what nefarious intentions he has with this ruse, and what harm it might bring to the English people.

Whatever the truth is, we Fyrnings stand by the House of the West-Saxons, and any Normans, de Runeville, de Grestan or bastard child of no account, that sets foot in this land will serve as food for the raven and fill of the wolf.

Sir Hrotha, I know that you are involved deeply, but externally as I am, I can say that Willelm Duc de Normandie (that he say to be) has honoured his word and his promise. In battlefield he fought with honour and he bring his army to victory as only a king does.
For what matter to me, he is Duc Willelm de Normandie, and I am honoured and glad to have had war by his side.

By your own admission, you have "no land, no home, no band and no chief". What would you know about kings and dukes, except for the rough depiction of their faces on the coins you got as payment for your sword? You have been duped by Willelm Þeodloga, brave Augustus, just like the rest of us.

Maybe yes, maybe not...I have no matter in that, and I have not (like you) proves to say if he is the Duc, or a noble title thief.
About kings and nobilty I know...I went away from my house for a conflict with a family not entitled, that stolen throne to my King in a far land in sweden, now my king is died...may his soul drink mead with Odin now...
For this experience now I won't no more links with this fact, but as my religion say "fight with honour and die for my gods", this is now my only aim (with a little supply of women and mead and beer)

Fulk the Bastard: Well the Harras'll fight for whoever can promise us three full hands of silver coins or hacksilver for each warrior - the hands must be those of a warrior, so none of your cheating by trying to buy us with a childs handful! Give us that and you have our spears and swords at your service and I can tell you that it is worth having them in your shield wall if you want to win.

þegn Léofwine: I'm too old to fight but I shall send what men I can to my liege-Lord - better to have an English king than a foreign pretender on our throne! The Pope can shove his endorsment up his backside for all I care - this is no intention to fill a 'rightful throne' but to conquer a country far richer than your own!

Conte Williame de Varenne: <Strangely quiet...>

hrotha said:
By your own admission, you have "no land, no home, no band and no chief". What would you know about kings and dukes, except for the rough depiction of their faces on the coins you got as payment for your sword? You have been duped by Willelm Þeodloga, brave Augustus, just like the rest of us.

Hrotha, Brave Words there, Brave words, cousin, Brave but maybe foolish

Takeda_Shingen said:
hrotha said:

Interesting.

Look, folk of England and Normandy alike: Wyllelm Ðeodloga didn't deny anything. By no contesting my accusations, he tacitly admits the truth - namely, that he is not the Duke of Normandy!

sotijalo said:
I'm quite excited that I think that this may lead to awesome event or atleast to year long forum-war!

if so.

Godil Vikingar aliance pls ? and Rus too ? ^^ let kill those english/normanz

hrotha said:
Takeda_Shingen said:
hrotha said:

Interesting.

Look, folk of England and Normandy alike: Wyllelm Ðeodloga didn't deny anything. By no contesting my accusations, he tacitly admits the truth - namely, that he is not the Duke of Normandy!

You fell for my little trap there, cousin. You must realise, you are doomed!

I am a Bastard that may be true, but then again I am a Norman, and I am Robert's only son, even though I am a Bastard, I am his only son. Therefore I am the rightful Duke of Normandy.

Also, Hrotha, I never said I admitted the truth, I was playing for time, time to think of an answer to your foolish accusations. So, I have.

Ball is now in your court, cousin.

Back
Top Bottom