Éadríc Eorl of the Fyrnings greets William Duke of Normandy

Users who are viewing this thread

hrotha said:
Here's a picture of a much-later iconic historical event that was inspired by the glorious Fyrning defiance:
boston-tea-party.jpg
An act of petty vandalism? Fyrnings went downhill. :razz:

FrisianDude said:
hrotha said:
Here's a picture of a much-later iconic historical event that was inspired by the glorious Fyrning defiance:
boston-tea-party.jpg
An act of petty vandalism? Fyrnings went downhill. :razz:
Ah, you see, it's the later colonists who went downhill. We didn't throw mere tea overboard. We threw dukes of Normandy.  :lol:

I think Goidil and Vikingar should unite to overthrow the winnig participant and rule Briton as an uninion (which will be controlled by Goidil once we overthrow Viingar (I hope they can't read these))!

UlfrTheMighty said:
well i dont know what this war is about but im not on Williams side anyway but i catn give you 3 weeks supply of beer, but i cant give you 3 weeks supply of MEAD  :wink:

im currently ''natural'' i will join Éadric if William draws his sword
MEAD...mmmmhh..could be interesting.
It is not "fresh" as beer, but I like it too.
no enslaved women then...

Avgvstvs said:
UlfrTheMighty said:
well i dont know what this war is about but im not on Williams side anyway but i catn give you 3 weeks supply of beer, but i cant give you 3 weeks supply of MEAD  :wink:

im currently ''natural'' i will join Éadric if William draws his sword
MEAD...mmmmhh..could be interesting.
It is not "fresh" as beer, but I like it too.
no enslaved women then...

I can offer you sheeps. Consider it.

I split this from the meadhall on request of Eadric so that things may stay orderly...

You offer me sheeps...how many? and for what, considering that I have requested women and you are offering me sheeps...this is not too much comforting mhuahahahha

Giese! Hér stynt unforcúþ eorl mid his werode, þe wile gealgean éðel þysne.

Yes! Here stands an unwicked earl with his war-band, who will defend this homeland.

I, Proud Eorl, have no land, no home, no band and no chief...
I will be sitting by your side in valhalla as in life, but for some compensation...I'm asking you, my Lord, 2 enslaved women and beer...

Avgvstvs said:
I, Proud Eorl, have no land, no home, no band and no chief...
I will be sitting by your side in valhalla as in life, but for some compensation...I'm asking you, my Lord, 2 enslaved women and beer...
Careful now, mentioning Valhalla to the eorl might get you Æþelred'd.

As I said : I have no land and no chief...with humilty I'm offering myself to Eadric the Eorl. If he want a warrior by his side, I will have pleasure to be there.

I know that he have rusty relationship with vikings, but I'm alone, looking for a master

Barabas said:
Just wanted to tell that my parents once owned a clock with IIII  :grin:
There is nothing wrong with IIII, its not wrong to even write 100 with only Is, but its like cleaning a stadium with a toothbrush - working but not so smart.

STARik said:
Barabas said:
Just wanted to tell that my parents once owned a clock with IIII  :grin:
There is nothing wrong with IIII, its not wrong to even write 100 with only Is, but its like cleaning a stadium with a toothbrush - working but not so smart.
Hardly a fitting analogy or logic in this case.
Like hrotha said, IIII was used by Romans themselves. Just because IV became more popular, does not mean the former is "not so smart", it is just as adequate.

Dear Eadric cousin,

It seems that many people support Harold's claim to the throne, good, more people I can kill, more houses to burn, more women to enslave. This is a field day at the moment. The Pope has blessed my war so I draw my sword and lay down the gauntlet to you, cousin, I dare you to accept my challenge.

The great questions to this day shall not be settled by speeches or majority decisions, but by iron and blood!

May we meet on the battlefield,

Willelme
King of England
Duke of Normandy
Cousins of the Fyrningas

i am speaking for the king of Norway. Haraldr Hårfagri.

We want no War on the normans aslong as we can keep the islands around scotland

UlfrTheMighty said:

Dear King of Norway, good friend.

I only take what is mine by right, which is England, keep the islands around scotland, they are yours.

Takeda_Shingen said:
UlfrTheMighty said:

Dear King of Norway, good friend.

I only take what is mine by right, which is England, keep the islands around scotland, they are yours.

Ya that means that only Wills offspring will take war to you noble Vikingar.

nope. both armies arent fully ready for war yet. but watch youre mouth little Goidil scum. or else we take back some on northern scotland ; )

Back
Top Bottom