Search results for query: *

1. afterburner

Unofficial shader fix for Prophesy of Pendor 2.02

@ Murmillo182
    well, actually the "shader setting" thing it's not just about the "shader field" in brfedit, be sure you also have appropriate setting both in the "Specular" field and the effect value(number) field.

004vkd.jpg

btw, iron_shader_skin is cool for almost all armors.  :cool:

also, since SantasHelper is gone for good, the link to his post about shader settings is no longer valid, so i will post here what i've still got from his original post.

[quote author=SantasHelper]body(skin) : agent_shader
    LOD: agent_shader (it's faster)
    clothing: skeleton_shader
    horse wtout armor: skeleton_shader
    horse with armor : iron_shader_skin
    armor & clothing/leather mix: iron_shader_skin
    full metal armor: iron_shader
    full metal high end lod (lod 1) iron_shader
    full metal weapon/shield : iron_shader
    wood or leather AND iron: iron_shader_skin

specular vary. default is 160/500/500/500 for most native armors
    but some (mail and plate) got different values (higher spec up to 1500 I thing, vary per model)
    (but all costume sheets and horses use the default values I listed)
    [/quote]
  2. afterburner

After lord accepts recruitment where is he?

mines will appear randomly in one of my castles/cities after a couple of days.
  3. afterburner

the Commercialization of mods

adapting a famous saying here:
    Modding is like sex, it's only good when it's free.
    try put a price tag on your hobby will turn it into some kind of profession, and very likely ruin all the fun you used to have.

and the mod pack seems to be only an one time thing, and the presumed 5-10 dollars profit have to be divided by several modders after Paradox taking away their share. since the mod pack is in a downloadable form instead of a CD-ROM, most people who frequent the internet probably will find the free mods here at the TW forum, so i doubt the market performance will be very successful.

as modders who took this offer imply that they really don't care much about the few dollars, and judging from most people's reaction towards the whole thing, i say for most modders that extra few bucks just are not worth the risk of being alienated here.
  4. afterburner

SP Antiquity Troy mod. Download for 1.011

DAMQNG said:
    Thanks afterburner ,    for sea battles i using  Fury of Odin campaign one friend play sea battles  in troy mod, make picture , but  i don't know  hau hi make it i make sea battles only if i have Fury of Odin ModuleSystem

I see.
    so any plans on future release? maybe you can cooperate with some coder here to add more features to future version of the Troy mod.
  5. afterburner

DAMQNG said:
    Hi all, sorry for my bad english, my name is Damian i boy who make this mod  i make it  3 month
    and must make  several correction for good mod , i am not profesional 
    aaa  big  swords .In native game swords they are big, this is for good combat
    but is no realistic sword , for some textures i boot Some photographs from Thracian and Greek treasure
    For opinion and contact write  mail [email protected]
    play Mount&Blade this is good game

nice to see you here Damian and welcome to the forum.
    i've got a question for you: are there any sea battles in this mod, and how can i start one?

btw, the armor and weapon models are all excellent, you are really talented, if you still want to made more models or do more modding work, maybe you should join a mod team here, so more people will have the privilege to benefit from your work.
  6. afterburner

Well this sucks/bug?

if a faction really really hates you, they won't allow you to join in a battle on their side.
    so normally you can join a battle on either side, but once your relation with one of them drop to a certain level (don't know the exact figure, -50 maybe), your option is limited.
  7. afterburner

Recruiting Lords is Stupidly Difficult.

munkibowl said:
    Pode said:
    How do you tell the difference?

If you have high honor, honorable lord automatically like you, and dishonorable ones will dislike you, so with high enough honor it should be easy to tell the difference.

I thought persuasion would have some affect on recruiting lords, but apparently not. Does it have any real use in this mod, aside from getting lords to pay their debt or keeping bickering companions? Also, if for some reason you decide to support a claimant, does the lord recruitment work like in native or is it like recruiting lords for your own kingdom?

AFAIK, a high level persuasion skill for your steward is necessary for certain location improvements. http://popmod.wetpaint.com/page/Location+Improvements
    but you don't have to invest in that skill yourself, as long as one of your companions has enough persuasion skill, and he can teach that to your steward through a conference meeting.

as for supporting a claimant, i think both the old native way of persuasion and the new pendor way of capture and release both work. seems the pendor way is much easier of course.
  8. afterburner

anyone knows how can you start a sea battle?
    i still got the normal land battle scene when encounter enemy's ship in the sea.

ps
    you can buy a ship in port cities, and this mod's armors are simply amazing, that screenshot mosaic doesn't count, you have to see them in game.
  9. afterburner

What is better for AI knights lance or sword?

Bratislav said:
    afterburner said:
    Bratislav said:
    I noticed that AI knights arent really good at lance fighting. What do u guys think? I equped mine heros with sword when mounted but i am not sure...
    agreed, for the AIs lance is way better than sword, that's one of the reason that swadian knights are better than vaegir knights.
    i equipped my companions with both lance and sword/saber/warhammer, be sure to put sword in the first weapon slot, so they can switch from lance to sword when dismounted.

acctualy i got rezult that sword is better then lance. since the ai cant use couch damage...

usually couched lance damage is the player's privilege, a good AI always hold up his shield when he has one. though he maynot couch his lance, but AI's normal way of lance attack is usually more precise than the player himself, and due to the lance's weapon reach advantage and its pierce damage superiority, a lance is still way better than a sword.
  10. afterburner

Recruiting Lords is Stupidly Difficult.

SCGavin said:
    noonesshowmonkey said:
    I did some search-fu about recruiting lords after starting my Kingdom of Pendor and half expecting a "recruit a lord" option a la Lords & Realms.  Not finding one, I hit the forums.  Ok, so I recruit a lord once I have good relation with them and beat them and capture them.

Now I guess I must have just made a massive blunder when I founded my kingdom because I did it off in the Noldor woods edge of the Empire realm - quick access to Sarleon cities to sell the Empire gear and you are pretty shielded from various marauding armies.

Here comes the crappy part.  I did not realize how lords were recruited and now I have 3 castles and no lords and am smashing Empire nobles left and right with a handpicked crew of Knights of The Falcon etc...  But it doesn't matter.  I have to incur a -1 inf penalty to force a fight with a lord I probably won't capture so that I can release him for a net +4 inf gain just to have to wait for him to spawn and do it all over again.  In one instance I had to get -6 inf just to capture the lord once and get +5 bringing me back WORSE THAN WHERE I STARTED!

Needless to say, I am tweaking the textfile to make capturing lords easier.

What am I missing?

If you have high honour points your relationship with some of the lords will get pretty high without any action on your part. If you free lords from captivity you earn quite some points (+7) as well. I found that +15 points is enough to take them prisoner and still be able to recruit them (so if they are your prisoners and have +5 rel. to you you can recruit them). In the beginning it isn't that easy to recruit lords, but it gets easy and easier.
    yes, frankly that's not too hard.
    i used to think that the relation requirement would be much higher, so my first try was with an empire lord of a 30+ relationship.
    glad to know that a 15+ relationship will do.

as for noonesshowmonkey's -1 penalty problem caused by attacking a lord's party, actually you can bring lesser troops and lure the lord into attacking you.
  11. afterburner

What is better for AI knights lance or sword?

Bratislav said:
    I noticed that AI knights arent really good at lance fighting. What do u guys think? I equped mine heros with sword when mounted but i am not sure...
    agreed, for the AIs lance is way better than sword, that's one of the reason that swadian knights are better than vaegir knights.
    i equipped my companions with both lance and sword/saber/warhammer, be sure to put sword in the first weapon slot, so they can switch from lance to sword when dismounted.
  12. afterburner

I must be missing something

SCGavin said:
    NZV said:
    Also, how do I even get these Noldor guys? I have two of them, but only because I liberated them from some small Snake Cult group. Is there a way to actually train them, or do I just have to beat up snake people on the off chance that they have some good troops? I guess I could smack around some Noldor troops with my mace and recruit the prisoners, but last I tried those guys completely dominated me in ways that I didn't think were possible.

My way for acquiring them is kinda cheap, though not really easy. Beat the Noldor or whomever in battle -> take them prisoner -> find a battle of two cannon-fodder spawns (like brigands vs. renegade knights) opposed to you -> help one defeat the other -> give the winners party your prisoners (keep in mind the number of your max. party members) -> fight that party -> recruit your Noldors, Doomguides, Demonic Warriors or whatever you had in your prisoner train :grin:.

nice trick, never knew that you can do that before, thanks a lot.
    now i can recruit my garrisoned Nordorian Knights prisoners.  :lol:
  13. afterburner

Please ban

SCGavin said:
    Anyone ever experienced an invisible wall, that arrows couldn't pierce? I sometimes shoot at an enemy and the arrow just hits the air before him. Imagine that happening in this case! Ha!

that's probably because the scene model's collision mesh doesn't match its visual mesh, it happens sometimes.
  14. afterburner

I must be missing something

powerful units, eh, how about some Noldors, their top tier troops have a 600+ weapon proficiency point, also they have the best armors ingame, but they are hard to get.
    or maybe you are missing the ruby rune bow which can do a 50 point pierce damage.
  15. afterburner

Unofficial shader fix for Prophesy of Pendor 2.02

@Gerhart
    sorry, my mistake.  :oops:
    just uploaded a new file
    http://www.filefront.com/14113191/PoP_brf_fix.7z

Gerhart said:
    To fix this do I need to edit the material under "mat" (armor_aqs1:cool: and that, in turn, will fix the aqs_surcoat4?  As of right now I just threw in the old fix  :wink:
    exactly!  seems you begin to get the hang of it, congratulations  :wink:
  16. afterburner

Will 'upgrading of elite troop' have global impact?

Dan_Grr said:
    Hey, good explanation on the archery.

This global impact on the upgrading of the knighthood troops reminds me of some posts I've read about how, if you invest on the Shield skill, you, your units and the enemy units will also benefit from it, meaning it will be harder for you to be hit on the legs with an arrow when you have your shield up, for example, and the enemy units will also have benefit from it. That sucks, I never invested in that skill since then. Some stuff is seriously broken with this game that needs to be fixed, not just some new graphical improvements with the expansion.

yes, i also JUST learned about the shield skill bug recently, probably from one of Misguided's post somewhere.
    funny thing is i never waste my skill point on shield skill before, i just use a bigger shield. :mrgreen:
  17. afterburner

FritZ_FretZ said:
    In my experience it upgrades ALL troops; New, used and those in enemy parties (which seems a bit counter-productive).

FritZ
    that's some good news, thank you FritZ :lol:
  18. afterburner

seems still some confusions here. :cool:
    my last post was in a haste and short, so i will add a little more of my thoughts.
    I've been using the ruby rune bow for some time and I'm using it right now with a 7 point PD skill that was just upgraded, and my archery proficiency is 478 by now. as long as i can tell its accuracy is very satisfying, occasionally with some shotting difficulty of 14.4 point. of course just like Dan_Grr said, the arrow maybe did not follow the reticule's path. but that's a natural thing if you remember something called gravity and inertia.

BTW, in mount&blade bows do have a hidden attribute, that's its missile speed. you can find out about that using the itemeditor.
    that's the main factor that decides the arrows' trajectory. if you want to abandon your everyday bow that you are accustomed to and use a different bow with a different missile speed, you must keep that in mind and adjust your aiming.

from the official manual:

POWER DRAW(strength) (personal skill): More powerful bows have a minimum Power Draw requirement to use. Power Draw also adds 12%(version1.0 figure?) to each hit with the bow, until four levels beyond the bow’s minimum Power Draw requirement; for example, if the bow’s Power Draw requirement is 2, then a skill level of 2 will add 24%, while a skill level of 6 will add 72%, while any level beyond 6 will still add 72%. Finally, higher Power Draw makes powerful bows easier to use by improving your accuracy and the time you can keep your aim steady while the bow is drawn.

A higher level of proficiency will let you attack and defend with a melee weapon with greater speed, or to be more accurate with missile weapons.

ARCHERY : A bow allows the user to launch arrows far beyond the accurate reach of a thrown missile. The bow has a much higher rate of fire than a crossbow, and if you invest in Power Draw skill and archery weapon proficiency, it may deliver as much damage as a good crossbow. Better bows require a minimum level of the Power Draw skill to use.

There is no penalty for using a ranged weapon if you're on a horse that is standing still.

so in order to use a bow with high damage, higher PD skill and higher  proficiency points both help. but if you agree that the ruby bow's 50 point damage is good enough and don't want to waste your skill points, a 6 point PD skill with a proficiency of  350+ will work perfectly, just like FritZ said. :wink:

also, archery  proficiency does affect bow damage directly, a extra 300  proficiency  point will double the damage IIRC.

now back to the topic, i got a question of my own:
    i remember in the 2.0 preview thread SD said the money-for-attribute improvement for elite/order troops only takes effect if you haven't create any corresponding troop yet.
    is that still true?
    what about the troops of  preexisting orders, such as the knight of the lion and knight of the dragon. can you improve their attribute or not?
  19. afterburner

"Less numbers showing up in the fight, and always on MY side.."

Dan_Grr said:
    Yeah, that is ****ed up. Happened to me plenty of times.
    me too
    thought i just have to accept this and get used to it.
    don't know whether it's a Native bug or not, but in many native games and many many other mods i ever player, never had this problem before.
    on the bright side, the troop count disadvantage does help boost your renown. :wink:

and it seems SCGavin does have  a point here that the 32 troop type cap might be the reason, since in Native and most other mods we don't have so many kinds of troop types.

and i think in such kind of battle, if you manage to survive several rounds of skirmish, and your troops do suffer a considerable amount of loss, more of your soldiers will show up in the battlefield eventually. but i still need some confirmation on this.
  20. afterburner

about the ruby rune bow, a 6 point PD skill is good enough as long as you've got enough proficiency point, so just use a lower damage bow first and switch to the rune bow later.
Back
Top Bottom