Unofficial shader fix for Prophesy of Pendor 2.02

Users who are viewing this thread

saxondragon said:
I for one am missing your screens here on the Pop Forum Gerhart.. I remember some you took for 1.21 were some of the best screens I have seen anywhere!

Best,

Saxondragon

Thank you Saxondragon, your words are too kind.  Unfortunately real life has to be dealt with from time to time, thus interrupting the virtual life that I "almost" prefer.  :wink:  Ha, but seriously several things seemed to sneak through my line of defenses and disturb my time line.  I shouldn't really say disturb, nor were they bad, as all experiences are what we take away with us, positive or negative. 

One, I am a grandpa again so that makes me twice with that title  :grin:  Which reminds me to make a new avatar lol.  I've been spending quite a bit of time with my grandchildren.

Two, my mother recently passed away after 86 years of life.  To most, I assume, this would be a bad thing where actually it's a natural occurrence and one that is guaranteed to all, in this existence.  I don't mourn her passing but I do miss her very much and am extremely grateful to have her as my Mother.  ( I was adopted ) The thing I miss the most is the sparkle in her eyes when I picked on her... though she tried to hide it, her eyes always gave away her smile.

Three, my job is an ongoing learning experience so I've had to focus some time and attention to that.  Need to pay the bills  :roll:  I'm suppose to be "professional" but I told them that they are hiring the wrong person if they want that.  There is nothing professional about me nor do I strive for that goal but I can make one heck of a stick figure.  I think they hired me for my sense of humor.

Four, I must admit that I had gotten rather discouraged by "shader problem" most mods are plagued with.  I really am an addict with doing screen shots because, to me, it's like telling a story and I love stories and characters.  I have a hard time playing a game without wanting to take pictures/video or have a story run through my head of a fictional character.

Ahhh but I'm robbing this thread of it topic so I had better stop here.  I'm planning on doing more work in PoP but I'm enjoying what you all have put together, first.
------------------
Sorry about the off-topic chat Afterburner  :oops:  I shall head in the direction you pointed out, Thanks again.

@Gerhart
i just did a search again, and it turns out there's no specific tutorial on brfedit.
However i found these two tutorials very useful. (thanks to Yoshiboy and D'Sparil)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,22899.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6146.0.html

like i said, you just need to follow the Native settings. for example, if you are not sure what shader an armored horse should use, just open \Mount&Blade\CommonRes\horses_b.brf using the brfedit, normally both the MAT tag and the Material tag will tell you everything you need to know.
horsew.jpg
also, read SantasHelper's post since it's very informative:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50086.msg1312564.html#msg1312564

all you need is just a little practice and experience.

hope this helps. :smile:

Gerhart said:
saxondragon said:
I for one am missing your screens here on the Pop Forum Gerhart.. I remember some you took for 1.21 were some of the best screens I have seen anywhere!

Best,

Saxondragon

Thank you Saxondragon, your words are too kind.  Unfortunately real life has to be dealt with from time to time, thus interrupting the virtual life that I "almost" prefer.  :wink:  Ha, but seriously several things seemed to sneak through my line of defenses and disturb my time line.  I shouldn't really say disturb, nor were they bad, as all experiences are what we take away with us, positive or negative. 

One, I am a grandpa again so that makes me twice with that title  :grin:  Which reminds me to make a new avatar lol.  I've been spending quite a bit of time with my grandchildren.

Two, my mother recently passed away after 86 years of life.  To most, I assume, this would be a bad thing where actually it's a natural occurrence and one that is guaranteed to all, in this existence.  I don't mourn her passing but I do miss her very much and am extremely grateful to have her as my Mother.  ( I was adopted ) The thing I miss the most is the sparkle in her eyes when I picked on her... though she tried to hide it, her eyes always gave away her smile.

Three, my job is an ongoing learning experience so I've had to focus some time and attention to that.  Need to pay the bills  :roll:  I'm suppose to be "professional" but I told them that they are hiring the wrong person if they want that.  There is nothing professional about me nor do I strive for that goal but I can make one heck of a stick figure.  I think they hired me for my sense of humor.

Four, I must admit that I had gotten rather discouraged by "shader problem" most mods are plagued with.  I really am an addict with doing screen shots because, to me, it's like telling a story and I love stories and characters.  I have a hard time playing a game without wanting to take pictures/video or have a story run through my head of a fictional character.

Ahhh but I'm robbing this thread of it topic so I had better stop here.  I'm planning on doing more work in PoP but I'm enjoying what you all have put together, first.
------------------
Sorry about the off-topic chat Afterburner  :oops:  I shall head in the direction you pointed out, Thanks again.

Gerhart,

Sorry I have not replied sooner, I just got back from a two day business trip.  My congratulations on the arrival of your new grandchild.  I sincerely hope that this new life brings a measure of comfort to help you through the grief at the loss of your mother.  From personal experience I know how difficult this can be.  You have my deepest sympathy and understanding. 

I for one acknowledge and appreciate your humor and ornery disposition.  That and a fifth of tequila will get you a.... well.. there are minors reading this so lets just stop there and use some creative imagination shall we?

Keep in touch and I patiently wait to partake of your good eye, dramatic flair and when you have some breathing space to pull it all together, the results of your talents.

Best,

Saxondragon

Afterburner I have a problem with the newest fix.  I noticed it first on the Pendor Grey Knights as the black is back on this new fix.

They use the aqs_surcoat4 and material armor_aqs18.  In your new fix all of the values are 0 (zero), where as in the one you posted before were all at 500 ( R, G, B ) with specular at 160, which did fix it.

To fix this do I need to edit the material under "mat" (armor_aqs1:cool: and that, in turn, will fix the aqs_surcoat4?  As of right now I just threw in the old fix  :wink:

@Gerhart
sorry, my mistake.  :oops:
just uploaded a new file
http://www.filefront.com/14113191/PoP_brf_fix.7z

Gerhart said:
To fix this do I need to edit the material under "mat" (armor_aqs1:cool: and that, in turn, will fix the aqs_surcoat4?  As of right now I just threw in the old fix  :wink:
exactly!  seems you begin to get the hang of it, congratulations  :wink:

Hello,
I have this problem with the black texture bugs in some mods too, but with armors.
I tried to fix it but either the armors I want to fix are already in iron_shader_skin or I change it but it doesn't make any difference. :neutral:
Hope you can help me :wink:

Hm that's courios:
I changed all armors in BRF editor from iron_shader_skin to Skeleton_shader and saved it.
My problem was that it didn't save it correctly.
So i didn't saved it under the normal name of the textures, but C/ProgramFiles/M&B/Modules/"ModName"/Ressource/...
And that's what I wrote in the "name field" when saving it. screwy :lol:

@ Murmillo182
well, actually the "shader setting" thing it's not just about the "shader field" in brfedit, be sure you also have appropriate setting both in the "Specular" field and the effect value(number) field.

004vkd.jpg

btw, iron_shader_skin is cool for almost all armors.  :cool:

also, since SantasHelper is gone for good, the link to his post about shader settings is no longer valid, so i will post here what i've still got from his original post.

[quote author=SantasHelper]body(skin) : agent_shader
LOD: agent_shader (it's faster)
clothing: skeleton_shader
horse wtout armor: skeleton_shader
horse with armor : iron_shader_skin
armor & clothing/leather mix: iron_shader_skin
full metal armor: iron_shader
full metal high end lod (lod 1) iron_shader
full metal weapon/shield : iron_shader
wood or leather AND iron: iron_shader_skin

specular vary. default is 160/500/500/500 for most native armors
but some (mail and plate) got different values (higher spec up to 1500 I thing, vary per model)
(but all costume sheets and horses use the default values I listed)
[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom