Search results for query: *

1. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

I've realized that a big issue with the pathfinding in sieges is a universal thing.

I'm not sure who did it but the pathfinding for individual bots has some maneuver it executes semi-randomly.  it seems to happen when the AI thinks it hit a wall/can't move forward anymore.  But 99% of the time this is because it's in a big blog of other troops and is stuck due to chokepoints (which is why it's really noticeable during sieges).

Wouldnt be a big problem really except the AI INSISTS on completing the movement 100% before it resumes it's attempt towards it's destination.  So when it tries to run back, while on a ladder, it just ends up blocking all the other units trying to move forward.  FOREVER.  Defending against enemies in sieges basically is broken because they become permanently stuck.  Not to mention ranged units mostly ignore the ladder and just end up camping at the base of the wall under the ladders.

The odd thing is the AI getting blocked by this bot don't think to use the same maneuver themselves.  At least in a large enough amount to unjam.

I don't believe I've ever witnessed this action before in other modules.  So it seems to be an addition to bot AI changes, such as with the horse archer AI.

p.s. expansion of weapon commands is necessary.  Troops using spears when they have sidearms in situations like CQC sieges is problem.

Knights with perfectly good swords trying to use their lances.  Doing effectively nothing.
  2. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Has anyone here managed to get the wages working at least?

Troops paying you makes the whole experience trivially easy.  At least with the bug of being party size thinking your marshal and king you can just turn those modifiers to 0 yourself until they should be properly applied.  And you don't need to have the generated lords/execution feature on so that's an avoidable issue for now as well.

Pathing for siege scenes need to be fixed as well though it's not completely broken bad but bad enough.  In general single ladder sieges are utterly unacceptable anyway also.
  3. B Medieval Medieval Conquests

news

I fixed bug of javelins not throwing from some troops.  Accuracy of javelin should be zero, nothing more.  Why it was changed ever during development of 1257AD I do not know. It causes AI not able to throw for some reason. And even at 0 too low skill troops cannot throw javelins consistently (im lookin at levies which have 40 throwing for some reason while all other stats are 70) After tweaking, throwing weapons are now used properly.  Anyone can apply this fix by using a troop and item editor easily acquired on this site.  or you can copy paste this into relevant files:  https://mega.nz/#!dwZVCA7K!gfpex6xduRRED_FqHWOZv0vdDqAaI03maKKvC2WYRh4

included modified files:  troops.txt and item_kinds1.txt

Changes
    1.  All weakest levies boosted throwing skill 100-120 from 40
    2.  javelins, jarids, throwing spears accuracy set to zero so functionality is restored.
    3.  desert bandits reduces weapon loadout to lances, jarids, and flanged maces:  My idea is desert bandits would typically be slavers due to how common and accepted the practice was in such culture and the lack of manhunter parties to create a slaver warband was disappointing.
    4.  Outlaw troop types in general customized to fit their specialized roles.  in vanilla every outlaw has exactly the same stats (90 in all weapon skills and 1 ironflesh, 2 power strike, 2 riding, etc etc, extremely lazy, probably vanilla 1257AD settings)  For example pirates now have 2 ironflesh and 4 power strike, and only ranged weapon is javelins.  Steppe bandits have higher polearm and riding skill, etcetc

That should be about it that i can recall.  Requires a new game for skill troop changes to take effect.

Also strange discovery.  Mod options are randomized in their working.  Say you have body-sliding feature checked at gamestart as it should be.  It won't work.  The solution is to go to the setting and to uncheck it and recheck it.  This goes for many other mod options features, so on gamestart be sure to remember to do such things.  I fear possibility of the messenger fix not working properly at gamestart despite being checked ruining realistic savegames.

Randomly but very unlikely recruiting lances costs 500 denars.  Thats especially wierd.  If this is related to new wage system im not sure.  My problem mainly is wages for levy troops.  submod author does realize most feudal lords didn't pay wage to levy right?  And upon becoming lord regardless of wage system mercenaries increase their price 3x so they are nerfed anyways.  Levy still cost less but are also a lot less effective than mercenaries disregarding noblemans.  That's the point though, levies are a war resource generated by the settlements held.  Paying for it is ridiculous, the payment is consolidation of forces for self-defense and oaths.  Not money.  personally i do not recommend using the new wage system, it's a bit inconsistent regarding levy recruitment and I don't think it fits.  Maybe if you wanna play slightly harder mode, fine.  I suppose massing weakest levy troop at 0 wage was kinda broken for garrisoning over time as there is no real consequences for holding onto lances permanently. (Why is there even a disband option?)

personally I wish the levy system from Blue Blood was ported over but AFAIK current AI uses lances from their fiefs to get troops aside from paying out the ass for mercenaries, dunno how such replacement and integration of system would be done.  I am not savvy enough myself.
  4. B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Alright gave it a shot as I really liked 1257AD despite gamebreaking bugs being present in final release.

The new features added in are definitely welcome.

I will simply list bugs:

1.  Upgrading all troops doesn't work.  insists my entire party is available to upgrade and a lot of the time their upgrade pathinto "lords", though regardless I cannot initiate the upgrade anyways.

2.  Remove crouching, crouch walking, whatever.

And just turn on crouching in module.ini.  Default.  Please, it looks bad on everyone but archers and cannot fully turn it off in game menu, why?  The AI isn't even smart enough to use it properly.  Only the player can really take advantage of it.  Leaving the command itself in is fine as I can see the use of having your infantry all crouch so ranged units can shoot over them.

3.  Can we get a rundown on how the new "wage system" works?  From my brief experience with it, you basically just pay 2 times a week instead of 1 time and at same rates.

Would be much preferable to have a global value for wages and just increase it.  Less menus the better.  Dunno if that's working as intended.

4.  The AI is weird.  Mostly ranged, land units.  I've watched archers moving on enemy, shooting, then 20 yards away pull out a melee weapon and even when in range of enemy, kinda of just....  stand around, and then die.

5.  the death camera is so far 100% broken when wanting to move and observe battle.  the camera ALWAYS gets stuck under the terrain so you cannot move ever.  Scrolling to troops view works though.

6.  A huge, massive problem I had with final state 1257 AD was the formation mod being utterly retarded, for some reason taking control away from the player at random times regarding his troops.

I briefly saw this once, where a position for cavalry suddenly disappeared from minimap.  I instinctively took back control before they did anything stupid and didn't observe the results.

7.  Following from #6, in field battles, when player dies, AI doesn't follow commands from map menu.  Even though for example my archer line is set to "charge" they simply hold their position until death.

8.  please remove cav/inf mixed units (bandits) from that mix.  Either they're 100% infantry or 100% cav.  I consider this a bug because there is mods that can sort these troops into proper designation after spawning, but as it is, there's no proper designation.  I don't ****in want cavalry in my infantry regiment and when I even tell them to dismount the order is ignored.

Just about everything else so far (only like 5 hours in) seems to be working.  I get error codes during field battles semi-regularly usually something_something_lead_charge_something.  As well as Error codes regarding traits application.  Not sure if they're working fine but giving errors anyways (ala decapitations) or what.

--

Regarding balance, javelins are not OP at all, anyone who says otherwise is plain wrong.  Simply look at the raw damage, a simple hunting crossbow with regular bolts does slightly more damage than a whole dang javelin.  Javelins are in much smaller quantities per troop compared to archers/crossbowmen/horse archers yet they on average less damage.  Not OP.  Not even slightly.  Dunno where that came from.  If anything, every other ranged units, cav archers especially, are bloody overpowered and always have been.

--

Instead of lords executing by chance, it would be very much preferable for executions to commence depending on the prisoner holder and prisoner relations.  Lower relation = execution.

As it is, executions are a meaningless way of losing AI lords in the game world with no replacement.  At least baron kurwa executing count poophead because the bastard keeps raiding his only village so he ended up hating his guts makes sense.

global execution value, especially at the default is crazy considering it's entirely meaningless, destroys player agency in the grand scheme of things (I got a lord 50+ relation, good friend, blah blah, suddenly RNG executed 4noraisin),  and just doesn't add anything to the experience.

--

Do turn on advanced_formations in module.ini.

No reason to ever have it off and if the placeholder names for forming rows bothers you just edit them.  Forming 2 solid rows of crossbowmen/archers with crouching enabled is godlike for concentrating firepower in certain areas (top of hill for example). And absolutely necessary for pure ranged unit army or in other words Robin Hood wannabes.

--

I see there is a body-sliding feature where when you die you switch to friendly troop but I could not pinpoint it in mod options to use it.  Just me?  I checked three times.

--

With worldmap performance as it is and probably always will be, decreasing menu usage which causes worldmap to load/unload is imperative.

For example, simply accessing "visit your camp" option, unloads the worldmap.  So doing something as simply as choosing wait for a bit causes you to have to wait 5+ seconds to reload the worldmap.

This stuff adds up, going from town to town to town trying to sell off loot from villages or battles, going to cattle herds to cut them up for meat to sell but being limited to 5 cattle a time forcing you to do it 3-6 times.

Imagine it.  butchering cattle through the menu bull**** can waste an entire 30+ seconds of time.  And that's assuming you have enough inventory space to grab it all at once.  Imagine butchering five, then selling the meat, going back, butchering, that's a WHOLE ****ING MINUTE of just doing that one tedious task because worldmap loading takes so damn long.

The microstuttering especially when travelling at faster gamespeed is bearable but that bit really isn't.

If there is anyway to prevent worldmap from unloading during as many menus as possible, or reducing the loading time somehow, that would be the biggest blessing possible as it all stands from my perspective.

This was always a problem with 1257AD as well.

--end

Despite the rant, I like the direction this submod went and is hopefully still going despite the controversy.

5. Feminism

Amontadillo? said:
    Unusually for Jhess, there isn't actually a single overt insult in that post. Your reaction is completely out of whack with what she actually said.
    How much, and/or how are you paid to lie like this?

Out of all the **** flinging this got to me.  Damn.  :facepalm:
  6. 2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Regarding the kingdom minister problems

Simply conquer your first town/castle

You will get the pop-up, of course, to appoint a minister, which your only choice is to choose the "prominent local citizen", even if you have companions.

When you got speak to this minister, you will have 5 dialogue options.  3 are for hiring the constable, chamberlain, and whatever the last guy's title is.

4th option will be about assigning a new minister, which you can choose to make a companion, and thus have a broken minister.  Not that it matters since Prominent citizen minister is literally useless.

5th option is simply to exit dialogue with the minister.

You can always cheat test it. 

I do not understand your problems with companions as minister, since it works properly in vanilla Brytenwalda and in Repolished.  Unless you implement "prominent citizen" minister with all the features of a companion minister, late game is broken.
  7. 2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

gdwitt said:
    -I deactivated making the companion as minister because it is bugged in the original Brytenwalda. I haven't seen the local minister go haywire.

I don't recall that.  Regular minister can only hire the three kingdom staff, and is otherwise utterly useless.  You cannot perform diplomacy.

When you appoint a "promininent citizen" minister, you can go to his dialogue, and select a new minister (a companion).  However the companion you choose doesn't leave your party, and whenever you speak to them in the castle meeting room, they simply ask about rejoining your party.

-Caravans: you need to be at war with the kingdom to attack them unless you are at negative reputation. What is your reputation?

I have positive reputation, and I was at war with the kingdom in question.  I guess it takes priority to not have the choice if you have positive reputation, but this is like disabling the ability to steal/pillage villages just because you have positive reputation.  It feels like a highly unnecessary and pointless restriction.
  8. 2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

battle command menu (backspace) randomly phases into invisibility.

Sometimes your weapon is switched randomly.

Cannot appoint a companion as minister so you're locked out of huge chunk of kingdom features.  And when you appoint one directly through the "appointed local minister", they're bugged and only rejoin your party, and are forever stuck as useless minister.

When in big enough battles, for no reason, at beginning of battle, both sides get reinforcements, increasing battle size from to 1.5x what it was set too.

Cannot attack or extort caravans.

Jewelry as item is bugged, worth only 1 scilling, 0/0 ammunition type.

A large amount of companion *****ing isn't written at all, or has a single word or paragraph repeated twice.

A Huge amount of tavern NPCs are cluttering, pointless, etc, with messed up names.  Such as "Donkey", (11) [insert here], and so on and so forth.  There's many of these.  You can even end up with village elder in a town's tavern and it works strangely. 

--end bug report--
  9. Bugs reporting thread

Populations in all villages is 0 from beginning and onward.

--

Outposts-forts cancel payments for the garrison troops.  (you can put infinite troops in these structures garrison, and not pay a dime on wages)

--

Even with high negative honor, you never get any bandits able to be recruited from Strategic Options menu.

didn't realize they only showed up when you camped out.  The amount it tells you is bugged though, with you being able to hired infinite amounts regardless of how much it says are left to be recruited.

--

I've noticed and I cannot explain why:  Travelling makes the world map stutter worse than waiting in a town/castle.  I assume that this is because of the scripts making skill checks and such as you travel but they are not occurring when waiting in town/castle.

Really, any effort to reduce the world map stuttering would be great.  It's pretty bad.

--

Wtf is with all the deer herds?  Makes game rather easy, not sure what to make of it.  I come across a herd every single day.  That's quite a lot of free money/food with no effort.
    --
    --

Suggestion:  Lower bandit party spawns, increase bandit party sizes - Perhaps this will help somewhat with world map stuttering, and also, it will make early game more difficult as it should be, in conjunction with doing something about the massive amounts of deer herds.  I did not feel like I should even bother with many of the features from some of the merged mods meant to open up many more avenues early game because I could just grab some peasnts and auto-resolve small bandit parties and recruit their captured prisoners and just roll over everyone else from there on becoming a fat warlord within a week.
  10. Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

kraggrim said:
    Load up native in tweakmb with the latest native database available, then open the tweak viewer feature at the top and find that tweak. Should give you an idea of how to proceed.
    That was very good information thank you.

I am very puzzled however.

Looking at the appropriate value, it's saying these bandit factions can only spawn 2 max parties each.  However I have seen much more than two spawning Forest bandit from one Forest bandit hideout.  (in the module I am attempting to make the changes in, Empire III)

Not sure where to go from here.  The tweak viewer helped me identify the lines but there's no way these are correct (they are for the native script file of course).  And I still don't know how to find them myself.  There's no identifiers.  It's just strings of numbers representing ID's and other conjoining values I have no hope of translating without a third party tool.

I think I will take this to the mod's own subforum instead of derailing the thread further.  Maybe the creator will shed some light.
  11. Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

kraggrim said:
    Tweakmb should have an option for that.
    That was actually my first thing I turned too knowing that.

however: 

25ro0a1.png

It doesn't load.  Bandit Party sizes however does load.

I have tried loading it through all of the different databases as well.

I'm not above doing it manually but I have no idea what value it would be, or what file:  (party or party_template)?
  12. Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

How would I change how many parties can spawn ?

Say bandits can spawn a maximum of 15 parties given the time to do so.

How would I change that to 5 parties?

This option doesn't seem to be available when attempting to edit them.  I can change troop composition but not amount of individual parties able to spawn.
  13. Anyone tried Dwarf Fortress?

Invasions have always been piss easy, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Since fortresses always die out quickly to FPS death short of keeping population maxed at 50 with no children, it seems Toady has decided to drop fortress mode and focus more on adventure mode.

Though that's all good as well, since adventure mode for the most part always felt tacked on.  It needed some attention.
  14. Rimworld: Sci fi Dwarf fortress

Comrade Temuzu said:
    It's a fun game, especially once you get to modding.

Factorio is cheaper and better though tbh familia.
    I'd say they kind of are the same thing but specialize/focus in different gameplay.  Rimworld is more micro-Dwarf Fortress spiritually, and Factorio is more grand strategy focused.

Too bad the multiplayer is garbage tier.

Not even a lobby ?  You have to re-download the entire map every time you join?  And despite internet connection it's always at a snails pace averaging 1 kb/s.  So a 4 MB map ends up taking about an hour to download.

Really need to fix the multiplayer.  Otherwise nice find, rimworld doesn't even have Multi and they're both unfinished, so I don't have much to complain about.
  15. Rimworld: Sci fi Dwarf fortress

http://rimworldgame.com/ Essentially, it's a Dwarf Fortress game, without Z levels, with a twist, Massive GUI and management improvements, and more micromanagement/tactical focused during combat. It's actually really damn good and I recommend it to anyone who liked dwarf fortress, they're...
  16. GTX 960 Feedback / Curiosity

Only multiplayer...?

That's really wierd.

Though, Warband is known to do funky stuff with really late graphics cards.
  17. What made you lose faith in humanity today?

Vraelomon said:
    Where is that?
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
  18. Mod creator forgot to put dungeons in most of the towns...

Why would you want to change the current formations AI?

It's actually alright, compared to other mods who tried to do it....  aka Brytenwalda...  *shudders*

Also you checked the mods settings right?  There's options regarding formations AI.  If I remember there's standard vanilla, standard formations and 1257 Formations.
  19. Mod creator forgot to put dungeons in most of the towns...

He's not wrong about sieges though.

Who in the holy **** thought it would be a good idea to make it endlessly mandatory for ranged units to always have their ranged weapon out even when the enemy has gotten past the infantry on the wall and is currently slaughtering all your archers/crossbowmen?

I even turned on advanced_tactics and told them to use melee weapons.  They take out a melee weapon and then instantly switch to ranged.   

Ww -ww . ... who the ****???
  20. Mod creator forgot to put dungeons in most of the towns...

As of 15th February 2014, development of the mod has stopped.
    The latest version is Anno Domini 1257 - 1.03 - Kill the peasants edition! and you can get it here.
    Even though there are some known bugs (e.g.: prison break) developers have lost interest in putting more time bugfixing and/or new feature addition.

Granted though, it's been updated since then to 1.13, but they know about the prison break bug since then and still haven't fixed.
Back
Top Bottom